ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Best sports bar to watch Giants/49ers this Sunday?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

OT: Best sports bar to watch Giants/49ers this Sunday? 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:22 am

Giants vs Dodgers at 1:05pm and 49ers vs Bears at 5:30pm. Wheres a good place to watch in either San Francisco or San Jose? Not sure which city i want to watch it in!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Re: OT: Best sports bar to watch Giants/49ers this Sunday? 

Post#2 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:57 am

Idk about SF Giants games, but Giordano Bros. on 16th is a good place to watch football and there should be a lively Niners scene there Sunday.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#3 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:58 am

And if you like dive bars Clooney's will be huge on both those games.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#4 » by Mylie10 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:51 am

Lucky strike across the street from Giants on 200 king street can be foo foo but fun to watch stuff. Also has bowling alleys. Watched the Warriors there once on an effing gigantic wall tv. Was fun to scream in public for the Dubs.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#5 » by HiRez » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:53 am

FIBA gold medal game (starring the Splash Bros.) also happening Sunday at 12:00, gonna be a busy day.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:29 am

cdubbz wrote:Giants vs Dodgers at 1:05pm and 49ers vs Bears at 5:30pm. Wheres a good place to watch in either San Francisco or San Jose? Not sure which city i want to watch it in!
I do like good beer..so I'd tend to home in on a good brewpub..which is likely gonna have the game on. I don't liike bars where the ballgame has the sound off, the jukebox is loud and there's lot's of noisy jerks but no decent beer.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#7 » by old rem » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:45 am

Many years ago..I was flying from N Cal to Cincinnati...but got a great deal going to Indianapolis. I could fly toi Indy, take a Greyhound to Cinci and save $100...so I did. I got a shuttle to the Bus station..but..had 6 hr or so till the bus left. I put my bags in a locker..took a walk. It's winter so it was cold..the State Capitol is about a block from the Bus Station...cool...then a couple blocks from there is Market square..big statue and the Pacer's arena,but between there is a mexican Restaurant + Bar in this old brick building..and I walk in and order a beer. The Bartender brings TWO. I'm all..What? It's happy hour..then they bringg out a big pan of Free Enchiladas..and they were real good...FREE... it's happy hour. Monday Nite Football is on now..The Vikings and someone.. and I chat a bit with a local couple at the bar ..and the guy buysa me a beer,, which is TWO bbeers. By the time it was yup to go back to the bus.. I was tempted to just stay.. I'd dressed warm.. knowing it would be WAY cold relative to Cali.. but the darn Greyhound was probably 80 degrees...amnd after enchiladas and 4 beers I took a Siesta.. and was lucky someone woke me in Cinci and I did not end up in West Virgina.

Basically..in the bay area.. where's there good beer, fine ladies and good food that's not overpriced? Probably you won't get the free beer + Enchiladas package...I guess in Indy..they love strange hippy types.
CENSORED... No comment.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#8 » by and1GS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:58 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Idk about SF Giants games, but Giordano Bros. on 16th is a good place to watch football and there should be a lively Niners scene there Sunday.

Good food, too. You also avoid the tools that usually crowd Mad Dog during local sports.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#9 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Giordano's sandwich is a mystical concoction - somehow the combination of thick, soft Italian bread, lunch meat, crunchy, tangy cole slaw, and crispy french fries (together in one sandwich) is greater than the sum of its parts.

Return to Golden State Warriors