ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Training Camp Invitees: Who makes the cut?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Who'll eventually

J.McAdoo
50%
J.Kapono
6%
A.Craft
6%
J.Holiday
33%
M.Watt?
6%

Total votes: 18

TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Re: NBA Training Camp Invitees: Who makes the cut? 

Post#21 » by TrueStoryGSW » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:24 pm

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#22 » by HiRez » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:58 am

Another guard...it's simply hilarious at this point.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#23 » by turk3d » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:02 am

Mylie10 wrote:But do you really think they are gonna cut Barbosa?

Kerr also started Nedovic...sooo..lets start some threads.

I like that Kerr is TAKING A LOOK at different things this preseason. Based on possible injury issues hes taking a long look at Nedovic and Kuzmic to see how they would fair with the main guys in a rotation. I appreciate that, because playing in the 4th quarter with Holiday, McAdoo, Craft, Kapono, and Watt doesn't really give you a good guage on how they will fair in the regular season when it matters.

But also you can't read to much into these things, because there are so many factors going into whats happening out there. Vets play pre-season at a different pace. They use it for getting in shape. They don't really care about winning. The competative firs isn't the same as it is when it counts.

None of these guys should make the team out of camp. All three of them have invites to Santa Cruz, they just need to talk to their agents to see if thats the route they wanna go. Kapono probably doesn't go to Santa Cruz based on age, but if the Warriors don't keep him, maybe a team needing 3 point shooting does.

I'd leave the spot open, because our rotation is set for now....we don't need another body at this point, so for flexibility in the season I'd leave that open.

No, I don't think they'll cut Barbosa (now that I'm sure he's been guaranteed). Was just asking. It wouldn't surprise me if Myers were trying to cook up a trade. We'll see.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#24 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:55 pm

According to Simmons, Warriors want to assign Kilpatrick to the the d-league, but does that mean he is on the 15 man roster? There are now 20 players signed.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#25 » by Mylie10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:According to Simmons, Warriors want to assign Kilpatrick to the the d-league, but does that mean he is on the 15 man roster? There are now 20 players signed.

I read that something like 3 guys can be somewhat protected on the Santa Cruz roster if they aren't part of your 15 man nba roster. When I say somewhat, I mean for a certain length of time.

But we lost Dwayne Dedmon previously by not being able to protect him. That's a guy that the Warriors would have liked to groom longer term, but Orlando and Philly I think came knocking.

One thing I like about Kilpatrick is his alpha dog mentality. He also has really strong handles. In a reduced role he might shoot it better, because he took a ton of shots on Cincy last season and they didn't have much around him, so the thought is lower volume might produce better shooting numbers. But the problem is he will have to adjust to NOT being the guy. At least until he proves he is the guy at the NBA level.

He's not real tall, but he's built like an nBA player, so I wouldn't worry to much about his height. There's an intriguing aspect to him, and I hope he goes to the Cruz and lights it up.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User

Post#26 » by TrueStoryGSW » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP3q2jv7QTY[/youtube]
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#27 » by Xplatformer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:03 am

If Ezeli is healthy for opening day neither Watt or McAdoo are making the team.

If Justin doesn't make it none of them are.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#28 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:05 am

After watching a good part of today's game (against the Clippers), I'm less worried about keeping an open spot for a center - Ezeli looks much better than I could have hoped. Yeah, health is always an issue, but I'm fine with the rotation we have.

He wasn't even in my top 3 when I first wrote something in this thread, but I think Holiday might have earned the spot with his last 2 games (as well as his body of work from the Summer League). Coupled with Rush's back problems, it wouldn't hurt to have another wing out there.

Craft, Kapono, McAdoo, and Watt haven't shown nearly enough to be considered. And I don't think they'll just keep Kilpatrick, as he's pretty much a complete unknown.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
GSWarriors22
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#29 » by GSWarriors22 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Holiday imo has done enough to earn him a Rosterspot. Its unfortunate that none of the Big Guys really performed or stood out.
I would just take a chance on him. He seems like a guy who can take the minutes left behind in our Rotation and fill in for injuries. He is like Crawford only with more defensive effort. He is better than Crawford in my book.

If we leave the spot open, in what ways would that really help us in terms of flexibility? I mean, if a big gets injured, we will have Kuzmic, who I think is not very good, but who has also shown that he is better than some DLeague Players or undrafted Pick-ups.
The only thing it would help with would be trades...
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User

Post#30 » by TrueStoryGSW » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Since B.Rush is hurt and Livingston is still not 100% I think it's gonna be Holiday.

Opening night roster:

Curry/Barbosa/Nedovic
Thompson/Holiday
Iguodala/Barnes
Lee/Green/Speights
Bogut/Ezeli/Kuzmic

That bench isn't very good that's why I see why they're leaning towards to start Barnes.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#31 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 pm

With Rush coming along slowly (might be out for a while) and Barbosa likely having to play PG, I think Holiday is the guy.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#32 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:38 pm

If we keep 15, I expect Holiday to make the cut, with McAdoo a distant second. Kilpatrick is destined for the d-league, but I think he holds a lot of intrigue by the front office to be a future roster consideration.

Kapono is the only one that has a no guaranteed money deal, so he is an easy cut.

Return to Golden State Warriors