Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Preseason Game 7: W's vs the LA Floppers - Round Two 

Post#101 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 am

Onus wrote:
turk3d wrote:
whocurrz wrote:Hawes was playing PF a lot with DeAndre at the C. With Dray able to recover to the 3 point line and His size disadvantage against Jordan I think he was covering the right guy.

As much of a gamer as Dray is, I think it's asking a bit much of him to cover 7 footers who carry some bulk. That's just my opinion though. I guess it's worth trying during preseason but I would go too long with that. Hawes is a pretty good player. He was a guy who I had on my radar this offseason but unfortunately was a bit two pricey for us.

If the clips play Spence and Deandre Jordan together I wonder who we will play to match up with them?

He's actually a tough match (a stretch 4 who has a good outside shot). Fortunately (or unfortunately however you look at it, lol) he's not going to play too much, as I expect that Griffin is going to be there most of the time. I think that Lee actually has a reasonable chance to when healthy, as he's probably more comfortable playing these guys on the perimeter than he is matching up with them in the post where he can be dominated.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
juju14
Pro Prospect
And1: 389

Post#102 » by juju14 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:30 am

turk3d wrote:
juju14 wrote:Green is playing fine. What are you guys talking about.

4 reb, 5 ast. 2 stls. The problem is 4 turnovers to go with the Warriors 27 (6 by Curry). He needs to focus mostly on defense and moving the ball, not so much on offense. We have too many other guys who are better/more consistent scorers than he is. Kind of needs to learn a new role I think.

What about Kuz? He's actually having a solid game. Looks like we may have our two-headed backup Center.

Sure, but it's still preseason and a new system. He still made some nice passes and stuff the statsheet. He and Ight were the highest + coming off the bench.

Kuz finally looked decent this preseason. He should be insurance if Bogut goes down. Ezali looks great. Just hope they bring him along slowly. I have no doubt this team can make it to the finals. The only problem is injuries.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#103 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:31 am

Onus wrote:
turk3d wrote:
Onus wrote:
Spence was playing pf ... was Dray supposed to guard Deandre?

I guess it was just a bad matchup for him. I don't blame Green for being overpowered by a guy who's 5 inches taller and probably outweighs him by about 30 pounds.

it wasn't just down low it was also out at the 3 point line, which didn't look good

Which better players in there with him during the regular season, he should be able to get help. It depends on whether Hawes in on or not. Of course, Green could be playing 3 and I suppose they could try Barnes or even Kuz on him. At least Barnes can use his jumping ability which might help.

These are the kinds of things that Kerr's going to have to figure out as the season wears on. He'll need to do a bit more experimentation with different lineups and with all the talent it looks like we'll have from top to bottom, it's going to take some doing in order to figure it out. But he will, I think.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
juju14
Pro Prospect

Post#104 » by juju14 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:34 am

Onus wrote:
turk3d wrote:
Onus wrote:
Spence was playing pf ... was Dray supposed to guard Deandre?

I guess it was just a bad matchup for him. I don't blame Green for being overpowered by a guy who's 5 inches taller and probably outweighs him by about 30 pounds.

it wasn't just down low it was also out at the 3 point line, which didn't look good

Your exaggerating Drags problems. He made 2 of his 3s and was a +16 with him on the floor. Spencer Hawes is a good player. Look at his stats. He 7 foot.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#105 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:34 am

juju14 wrote:
turk3d wrote:
juju14 wrote:Green is playing fine. What are you guys talking about.

4 reb, 5 ast. 2 stls. The problem is 4 turnovers to go with the Warriors 27 (6 by Curry). He needs to focus mostly on defense and moving the ball, not so much on offense. We have too many other guys who are better/more consistent scorers than he is. Kind of needs to learn a new role I think.

What about Kuz? He's actually having a solid game. Looks like we may have our two-headed backup Center.

Sure, but it's still preseason and a new system. He still made some nice passes and stuff the statsheet. He and Ight were the highest + coming off the bench.

Kuz finally looked decent this preseason. He should be insurance if Bogut goes down. Ezali looks great. Just hope they bring him along slowly. I have no doubt this team can make it to the finals. The only problem is injuries.

He played pretty good last game as well. I believe he shot 5-6. He has a nice touch. I remember when I saw him a few years back (before we signed him) I noticed that when he was playing Euro ball. Since we signed him, I was thinking that maybe he was different from the guy that I actually saw. I think he may even have a 3 pt shot believe it or not. Probably was a bit timid and overwhelmed coming into the league.
drat456
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#106 » by drat456 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:36 am

Yay ball movement. And I like that Kerr wasn't satisfied.
juju14
Pro Prospect

Post#107 » by juju14 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:37 am

turk3d wrote:
Onus wrote:
turk3d wrote:I guess it was just a bad matchup for him. I don't blame Green for being overpowered by a guy who's 5 inches taller and probably outweighs him by about 30 pounds.

Which better players in there with him during the regular season, he should be able to get help. It depends on whether Hawes in on or not. Of course, Green could be playing 3 and I suppose they could try Barnes or even Kuz on him. At least Barnes can use his jumping ability which might help.

These are the kinds of things that Kerr's going to have to figure out as the season wears on. He'll need to do a bit more experimentation with different lineups and with all the talent it looks like we'll have from top to bottom, it's going to take some doing in order to figure it out. But he will, I think.

This team is deep has hell and still got our backup PG coming along soon. They can go spurs lite and have the starters only average 30-35 mins. This team is really deep.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,900

Post#108 » by Plossum » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 am

27 to's and we still knocked in 125? Scary.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using RealGM Forums mobile app
#LockUpChuck
turk3d
RealGM

Post#109 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:44 am

Plossum wrote:27 to's and we still knocked in 125? Scary.

Shot 59% on fg and 49.1% on 3s. That's how. And I thought there shooting was off today. What do I know? This team is downright scary. It's all about remaining healthy. I hear Bogey has a stomach ache, cough, cough!
juju14
Pro Prospect

Post#110 » by juju14 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:56 am

turk3d wrote:

Shot 59% on fg and 49.1% on 3s. That's how. And I thought there shooting was off today. What do I know? This team is downright scary. It's all about remaining healthy. I hear Bogey has a stomach ache, cough, cough!

I don't care if they whole Bogut out the whole year then make him active for the playoffs. I just want him healthy for the playoffs. We are a top 5 defense with him manning the middle and Ight and Klay dominating the perimeter.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#111 » by cladden » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:20 am

juju14 wrote:Spencer Hawes is a good player. Look at his stats. He 7 foot.

That's pretty funny to me :-)
drat456
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#112 » by drat456 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:24 am

Kerr: "we're not very good right now"

What would MJ have said? lol
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#113 » by cj03 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:44 am

drat456 wrote:Kerr: "we're not very good right now"

What would MJ have said? lol

"Give them credit; they're a good basketball team. We have to limit our turnovers. At the end of the day, we played our brand of basketball."

I think I just quoted every word Mark Jackson has ever said to the media.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#114 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:49 am

juju14 wrote:
turk3d wrote:

I don't care if they whole Bogut out the whole year then make him active for the playoffs. I just want him healthy for the playoffs. We are a top 5 defense with him manning the middle and Ight and Klay dominating the perimeter.

True but Bogut not being in the middle could be the difference from top 3-4 to 6th.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#115 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:58 am

juju14 wrote:
Onus wrote:
turk3d wrote:I guess it was just a bad matchup for him. I don't blame Green for being overpowered by a guy who's 5 inches taller and probably outweighs him by about 30 pounds.

Your exaggerating Drags problems. He made 2 of his 3s and was a +16 with him on the floor. Spencer Hawes is a good player. Look at his stats. He 7 foot.

Green played out of control for much of the game, but he really clicked in the last third of the game, especially with Iguodala.

Both he and Barnes were out of control in the first half....they both settled down and played better later.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#116 » by whocurrz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:14 am

juju14 wrote:
Onus wrote:

I don't believe Onus or I for that matter are calling him a bad defender. Dray is probably the 2nd most popular warrior on this board. Just that his trying to cover too much on team defense was allowing a slow big man not known for his driving skills to blow by a good individual defender who can guard a lot of guards. He was working hard not smart. Everyone loves how Dray plays so hard but when he's not focused and playing smart sometimes he can be a bit out of control.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#117 » by Onus » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:32 am

whocurrz wrote:
juju14 wrote:
Onus wrote:

I don't believe Onus or I for that matter are calling him a bad defender. Dray is probably the 2nd most popular warrior on this board. Just that his trying to cover too much on team defense was allowing a slow big man not known for his driving skills to blow by a good individual defender who can guard a lot of guards. He was working hard not smart. Everyone loves how Dray plays so hard but when he's not focused and playing smart sometimes he can be a bit out of control.

yea just an odd start of the game for him. Probably just too much energy for the preseason, just looked a bit clumsy trying to do too much for a bit there. He settled in that last quarter though
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#118 » by DreDay » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 am

4-0 v LA this preseason all blowouts. Things to improve for sure but very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#119 » by Boomerfan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:00 am

Xplatformer wrote:
floppymoose wrote:Green has just been horrible this preseason. :-(

Love the guy, but he needs to focus on boards, assist and the occasional dunk. He should not jack 3 tres a night.

I've been worried about him as well but I heard a radio interview with Green the other day that threw up all sorts of warning signs and red lights.

Green was talking about how much he sacrifices his game for the team and is willing to do it because we have great shooters like Steph and Klay... but that he also can shoot like the other guys and suppresses that side of his game for the team. :crazy:

That sort of stuff worries me because he has delusions about his own ability. The delusion probably gave him great self belief to get to where he is now, but it worries me that as he starts to feel too comfortable he will start jacking up shots he shouldn't.
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#120 » by TrueStoryGSW » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 am

27 turnovers...

Return to Golden State Warriors