Ron Adams on KNBR

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Re: Ron Adams on KNBR 

Post#21 » by cladden » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:22 am

Boomerfan wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:First one was that Curry is crediting Adams with a refocus on defense and his approach. Said that Curry was a decent defender in the past, but didn't play defense at a consistent level. Often taking plays off, like a lot of offensive players do.

Talking of Curry and defense... was listening to this Curry interview today and the question was asked about Steph and his defense in the last few years... and said a few interesting things about Mark Jackson.

https://soundcloud.com/warriors/steph-c ... ice-112014

It's the first time I have heard Steph say something that could be construed as not positive about Mark Jackson. Basically Curry said when Jackson would get everyone together to talk about their defensive matchups Curry would always be last and Jackson would say "Steph you just defend whoever is left" which he was never happy about.

Steph said he approached Jackson several times to ask why he wasn't being given a defensive task... and didn't really seem to get an answer other than they needed him to conserve his energy for offense.

As much as Steph always backed Jackson you get the feeling that the more time he spends with Kerr, Gentry, Adams... the more he is probably understanding the FO's decision to let Mark Jackass go.

Or maybe even more than that... that we haven't the slightest **** idea what he thinks or not about the issue. I'd hazard a guess you're right TBH but to think that one can derive much from interviews, tweets and whatnot about how people who are very conscious about having a public persona think is naive at best.
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#22 » by Boomerfan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:00 pm

cladden wrote:
Boomerfan wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:First one was that Curry is crediting Adams with a refocus on defense and his approach. Said that Curry was a decent defender in the past, but didn't play defense at a consistent level. Often taking plays off, like a lot of offensive players do.

Talking of Curry and defense... was listening to this Curry interview today and the question was asked about Steph and his defense in the last few years... and said a few interesting things about Mark Jackson.

https://soundcloud.com/warriors/steph-c ... ice-112014

It's the first time I have heard Steph say something that could be construed as not positive about Mark Jackson. Basically Curry said when Jackson would get everyone together to talk about their defensive matchups Curry would always be last and Jackson would say "Steph you just defend whoever is left" which he was never happy about.

Steph said he approached Jackson several times to ask why he wasn't being given a defensive task... and didn't really seem to get an answer other than they needed him to conserve his energy for offense.

As much as Steph always backed Jackson you get the feeling that the more time he spends with Kerr, Gentry, Adams... the more he is probably understanding the FO's decision to let Mark Jackass go.

Or maybe even more than that... that we haven't the slightest **** idea what he thinks or not about the issue. I'd hazard a guess you're right TBH but to think that one can derive much from interviews, tweets and whatnot about how people who are very conscious about having a public persona think is naive at best.

Because Steph 3 months ago would not have said anything to the media about him being unhappy last year with not being given a defensive assignment and that he privately questioned Mark Jackson several times as to why he was being asked to only be a 1 way player.

I think it's a good thing that he is starting to question what went on. Some people go years trying to escape cults.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#23 » by DaHef » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Steph 4 3 wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. The problem is, sometimes we've gotten carried away with those blitzes and end up with those stupid turnovers. It's those instances that I've occasionally noticed Ron Adams waving Kerr for a timeout and barking at everyone to ease up.

I see the up tempo game as being a double edged sword with this team. They are excellent at pushing the ball and we are getting more possessions this season. The other side of the sword, we turn the ball over way too much and our rebounding is down. This type of play works well against most teams, but we will run into problems with this style when we play disciplined teams like the Spurs.

Early in the season with 14 rotation players you can wreck some teams ability to compete for 4 quarters and have their players on the sidelines gasping for air.

Advantage: GSW

Good coaches use all advantages.

I have a lot of respect for Kobe in that @LAL game, ...and less respect for the LAL organization. There appears to be a FO vs Kobe conflict as well as the basketball contests on the floor.

Ditto that. If you have better depth, playing faster makes the other team go to the bench sooner, then we nail them with our bench.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#24 » by floppymoose » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Muggsy Bogues wrote:I wonder how he came to that conclusion, though. I assume that Kerr and Adams watched some film/saw Curry in training camp and figured there was something they could work with, or they'd have just stuck with Jackson's strategy of putting Klay on the primary ball handler.

What they could work with was that Curry was already above average defensively. Just because he has trouble containing Russell Westbrook does not make him a below average defender.

Return to Golden State Warriors