ImageImageImageImageImage

Bogut's knee injury could be serious (SIGH..)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Re: Bogut's knee injury could be serious (SIGH..) 

Post#101 » by hamncheese » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 pm

juju14 wrote:It took Dwight I think 3 weeks from this same procedure. So we should expect him back end of Jan maybe February.

PRP is form of treatment. It's not indicative of recovery time is it? I don't even know if Dwight and Bogut had the same injury. I thought PRP treatement may help speed up recovery time so really it's about the nature of the injury.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#102 » by FNQ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 pm

reignfire wrote:
juju14 wrote:It took Dwight I think 3 weeks from this same procedure. So we should expect him back end of Jan maybe February.

I don't think using Dwight is a good measuring stick. Dwight is unusually durable whereas Bogut is the opposite.

Wut?
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#103 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Looks like Bogut's out indefinitely. Probably the best for him to heal up, be 110%, and play the last few months of the season to get into playoff shape. Had it been the right diagnosis (wasn't tendonitis, but chrondromalacia), he could have used the PRP treatment earlier, from what his agent was saying.

This is the reality: Bogut will only be available to the team for half the regular season, at best (but hopefully 3/4, and still relatively healthy). It's a good thing to allow our team to start developing plays without Bogut, and find ways to win basketball games without him. Ezeli better work on them hands..

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2014/12/18/andrew-boguts-agent-addresses-knee-injury-situation/
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#104 » by Coxy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
reignfire wrote:

I don't think using Dwight is a good measuring stick. Dwight is unusually durable whereas Bogut is the opposite.

Wut?

What he must be geting at is that Boguts freak elbow dislocation will mean his knee won't heal as fast as Dwights knee injury.

Right?
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#105 » by californiadude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:57 pm

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#106 » by DynastySS » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:12 am

reignfire wrote:

Dwight has had numerous injuries.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#107 » by old rem » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:20 am

Onus wrote:Well that sucks ...

In before trade Bogut
What sucks? Gravity sucks? Bogut....his knee ain't right but who even says he's a mere shell of a man/ Who says we need to prep Kuzmic for a big role? People..this is our LUCKY year....We waited.. here it is. If Bogut is a lame duck... Festus will turn into Olajuwon. That's how a lucky year goes. :dontknow:
CENSORED... No comment.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#108 » by Muggsy Bogues » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:24 am

I don't want him on the team anymore. Nothing against his skill level or effort, but so long as he sticks around we fans will just be waiting for the next injury to pull the rug out from under our hopes for the season.
PowerSteele
Bench Warmer
And1: 163

Post#109 » by PowerSteele » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:41 am

We need to move on. He's done. We just cannot pencil him into the Starting 5 anymore. Which is very sad. :(
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#110 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:40 am

There must be a void clause in his contract in the event that he becomes too injury prone...
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#111 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:55 am

I have been ready to move on. You can't count on him when he is truly needed. I was actually more concerned with his back than his ankle, was counting on his knee.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#112 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:04 am

old rem wrote:

In before trade Bogut
What sucks? Gravity sucks? Bogut....his knee ain't right but who even says he's a mere shell of a man/ Who says we need to prep Kuzmic for a big role? People..this is our LUCKY year....We waited.. here it is. If Bogut is a lame duck... Festus will turn into Olajuwon. That's how a lucky year goes. :dontknow:

Uncle Festus Olajuwon.

I like it.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#113 » by Mylie10 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:49 am

You guys are gonna sing a different tune when he is swatting fools in the Playoffs....ye of so little faith.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#114 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:58 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Medical staff aside, this is getting old. He's basically Bill Walton 2.0

Lol - Walton missed three entire seasons and averaged less than 40 games per...
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#115 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:58 am

It's better to lose him now than during playoffs, but this hurts...
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#116 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:01 am

reignfire wrote:

Same injury/same treatment... and Dwight hasn't played 82 games since 2009-2010.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#117 » by azwfan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:02 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:It's better to lose him now than during playoffs, but this hurts...

Doesn't hurt at all as long as we keep winning.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#118 » by azwfan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:04 am

old rem wrote:

In before trade Bogut

I like gravity actually.
I don't think Festus turns into Olajuwon in our lucky year. Maybe Mourning... and i think that will do just fine. haha
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#119 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:05 am

Where the F is this dude D Lee and his gimpy hammy? He could be playing some center with the Warriors humming along.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#120 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:07 am

michaelm wrote:
Do you seriously think he can just take games off on his own without the team medical staff being involved? My reading of his statement would be of some disatisfaction with the advice he has been getting from the team medical staff

Agenda Disclaimer: I'm a polarizing poster with Bogut fans but followed his every move when he was with the Bucks since he was about the only thing interesting with the team for most years he was here.

Bogey does what Bogey wants to do. Like Bill Walton, he walks to his own beat.

When with the Bucks I'd joke that getting peak performance out of Bogut was like trying to get the Pandas to mate at the National Zoo. Conditions for him must be absolutely perfect. Health, coaching, teammates, etc.

He's a great defensive player but he creates a lot of self inflicted drama.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Golden State Warriors