ImageImageImageImageImage

Lee...recovering...or being held out for Trade.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Lee...recovering...or being held out for Trade. 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:51 am

Not sure what's going on with him but I could see him being traded with a team like Detroit....

I would do Lee for Monroe....and something from Detroit to make the money work. This gives Warriors offensive low post game....some legit size.

Lee for Byombo?

What about Miami....Lee, Barnes for Bosh? Miami is done with the Wade era and needs to go young.....

Lee for Book Lopez as insurance for Bogut? Can even play Lopez as PF and Bogut at center?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Lee...recovering...or being held out for Trade. 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:57 am

Lee for Nene was proposed on the trade board.

I think Lee still has a role here definately.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:04 am

Recovering

He has no reason to go along with being held out
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#4 » by HiRez » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:07 am

I don't know, I've had my hate for Lee over the years, but it would really be a shame to not see how he does in the new system. With his BBIQ, passing skills, and scoring and rebounding prowess he should excel in this system on the offensive side. Plus he is a guy who can play C in a smallball lineup and with Bogut/Ezeli being shaky, we may need that. Then again, I don't see his defense changing much and this team's success is still powered by their defense IMO.

It's tempting to explore trades, but in the end I think probably just riding it out with the guys we have is the best move. If we can add a few role-players without sending major assets, fine, but damn, they are winning almost 90% of their games, I don't think tinkering is wise at this point. If we get into February and Lee isn't working out, maybe explore it then, but I want to see him play in this system first.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#5 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:10 am

Recovering, not a doubt in my mind. His trade value wouldn't go up by being held out and appearing significantly more injured than he actually is.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#6 » by DreDay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:21 am

His 7 minutes were pretty good this year. I'd see how he goes and build up his value.
Amazing Curry
Starter
And1: 65

Post#7 » by Amazing Curry » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:41 am

If anything, I think Kerr would lobby to keep Lee just to see how he plays under his offense.
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#8 » by JimmyTD3 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:11 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Not sure what's going on with him but I could see him being traded with a team like Detroit....

I would do Lee for Monroe....and something from Detroit to make the money work. This gives Warriors offensive low post game....some legit size.

Lee for Byombo?

What about Miami....Lee, Barnes for Bosh? Miami is done with the Wade era and needs to go young.....

Lee for Book Lopez as insurance for Bogut? Can even play Lopez as PF and Bogut at center?

Lee for Monroe?? Nothing like a straight downgrade to improve the team. What does Monroe do better than Lee? Or just the fact that he's black mean he's more physical and a better defender?

Biyombo? GTFO
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#9 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:20 am

Trade him for Rondo!
heyrayray
Senior
And1: 535

Post#10 » by heyrayray » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:34 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Trade him for Rondo!

Yeah we need a Brick Brother :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#11 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:08 am

Stringcheese wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Not sure what's going on with him but I could see him being traded with a team like Detroit....

Lee for Byombo?

Lee for Monroe?? Nothing like a straight downgrade to improve the team. What does Monroe do better than Lee? Or just the fact that he's black mean he's more physical and a better defender?

Biyombo? GTFO

Hey String....So..am I to think that the other two options DIDN'T suck in your opinion? lol Love posters that read through other posts...snipe on the ones they can dump on and roll on :roll:
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#12 » by JimmyTD3 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:17 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Stringcheese wrote:

Lee for Byombo?

Biyombo? GTFO

Hey String....So..am I to think that the other two options DIDN'T suck in your opinion? lol Love posters that read through other posts...snipe on the ones they can dump on and roll on :roll:

They're fine, I don't think either team even considers those deals though.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#13 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 am

heyrayray wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Trade him for Rondo!

Yeah we need a Brick Brother :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#14 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:59 am

One of our best lineups last season was Stephen Curry at PG, Klay Thompson at SG, Draymond Green at PF, Andre Iguodala at SF, and David Lee at C. With the improvement of Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut being injured again ( :roll: ), I wouldn't mind going with this lineup for the rest of the season if we decided to shut down Andrew Bogut for the rest of the season until the playoffs. We also have Shaun Livingston that we can plug in that lineup at PG if we want to be more defensive with David Lee at C and take Stephen Curry out.

We also can mix it up with some other lineups with a improved Harrison Barnes, a more focus and motivated Marreese Speights, and a healthy Festus Ezeli. It's just that it's totally unfair for the rest of the guys that they have to constantly have to cover and make up for Andrew Bogut year in and year out. David Lee is going to be needed especially his 18 and 10 now that Andrew Bogut is hurt again and again and again :nonono:
Woot
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Woot » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:26 am

For Lee to have any trade value, he has to play. Teams trading would want to know he was ok, because he's got 2 years left. This is what makes it difficult to trade him, plus he's one of the most popular guys in the locker room. You would have to package picks and Ezeli to move him. Only guys I'd target....Hibbert, D. West, Monroe or Garnett. All would be great fits...but just don't see it happening....
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#16 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Lee is a better fit than those mentioned in Kerr's offensive.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#17 » by californiadude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:03 pm

It doesn't make much sense to trade Lee right now imo...I think if he can stay healthy he's the offensive spark plug that the bench unit has been looking for...We can really just run our offense around him in the half court. I said at the beginning of the season...Lee really could have a career year in this system...Hopefully he gets the opportunity to do it.

The Garnett trade seems like a reasonable possibility for both teams but with the way Lee's value is around the league....Really don't see anything happening...And honestly, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather trade Igoudala at this point over Lee.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#18 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Lee off the bench is going to be amazing. No need to trade him.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#19 » by Money_ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Lee will never be a great defender, but his effort on that end was much improved last year.
He will thrive in Kerr's offense. With Bogut hurt, they are much less likely to deal him.
calbama
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#20 » by calbama » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Why would you want to scramble this team right now, with this chemistry? As poorly as they played against Memphis and still were in the game at the end. This team is solid, even without Bogut. Don't trade pieces away...

I never saw anyone post a remark to this news:

Miroslav Raduljica Expected To Become Free For Mid-January NBA Deal

I don't know anything about him, except what this article said. Seems like we could keep our team as is and pick this guy up?????

Return to Golden State Warriors