Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Thunder @ Warriors 

Post#1 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:41 pm

thun·der
ˈTHəndər
noun
a loud rumbling or crashing noise heard after a lightning flash

That loud crashing noise is the Thunder 7 game winning streak coming to an end tonight in ORACLE ARENA

The Dubs will supply the lightning

Westbrook has arguably been the best player in the league dating back to last year's postseason.

KD gave the Dubs the business to the tune of 54 last time he played against Golden State

Don't make Steve angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry

Coming off the 1-10 3pt shooting night you know Steph is ready for this one

Broken nose ain't holdin' Harry Barnes back. He continues to grow as a player and his rapidly rising confidence can help the Warriors to a win tonight with another solid performance.

Draymond has become the leader of the team. He is the X-Factor.. if he plays well, expect a Warriors win.

Time to flex on em

Game girl, hope Klay doesn't mind :uhoh:

Spoiler:
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Re: Thunder @ Warriors 

Post#2 » by InWestWeTrust » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Mmmmmm Klay going for 44 this game
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#3 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Curry doesn't shoot shatty 2 games in a row.

35 pts 10 assists tonight.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#4 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:24 pm

This is going to be such a good game..

Everyone and their mothers know that curry is going to go off after his poor shooting against the Grizz. We just need some big step up from Green and Barnes and we got this one in the bag!
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#5 » by cdubbz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:26 pm

I know Warriors play a nice team game, but I'd really like to see Curry fight and try to have a big game for himself.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#6 » by Xplatformer » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 pm

PMOTT3 wrote:This is going to be such a good game..

Everyone and their mothers know that curry is going to go off after his poor shooting against the Grizz. We just need some big step up from Green and Barnes and we got this one in the bag!

If the other players can't contribute offensively teams are going to go extra hard at Steph.

Draymond, Andre, Harrison...even Ezeli....better bring their A games and make their shots.

PUT IT IN MY VEINS NOW!!!!!!

Warriors!!!!
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
GSWarriors22
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#7 » by GSWarriors22 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 pm

its gonna be tough and it wont be easy without Bogut, especially since Westbrook is scorching hot. Tough matchup all around. Maybe we should start Iguodala vs. Durant? Then again, Barnes has been playing well lately.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#8 » by HiRez » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Dubs still need to figure out how to break high Curry traps, he still struggles with them and teams are increasingly going to it. The other 4 guys need to anticipate it, recognize when the other team is setting up for it, and make themselves available to receive the ball. So many times I see the trap being initiated on Curry and the rest of his teammates are standing around waiting for a pass instead of coming to get the ball, or setting a screen to bust him out of it.

Letting someone else handle the ball and playing Curry off it is one solution, but I don't like it much. Curry makes great things happen with the ball in his hands and he's better shooting off the dribble than as a spot up shooter. Plus, Curry takes a lot of abuse playing off the ball, he has to run a lot of miles trying to shake himself free (or play decoy) and he gets mauled every time he crosses through the lane.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,899

Post#9 » by Plossum » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 pm

Argh this is going to be very tough without Bogues' rim protection. Westbrook is going at the rim all night. We need to shoot well from 3. If Dray can stroke a few early it'll open up the game for us hugely.

Gotta compete hard on D like vs grizz.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using RealGM Forums mobile app
#LockUpChuck
Darren_Errman
Senior

Post#10 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:27 pm

OkC is ultra athletic but they do make a lot of mistakes on defense. GS should have no trouble scoring tonight.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#11 » by Quazza » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:27 pm

I don;t know why, but it's only just dawned on me that Klay is rocking an early Noughties goatie
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#12 » by cdubbz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:54 pm

Ibaka is one of the best stretch 4's in the league. Should be interesting to see how he does against Draymond this time around. He can actually close out on Green's threes.

ALSO...we need to see Igoudala's elite defense against Durant.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#13 » by Ganji » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:26 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTIbXH7svlE[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCORHdnnr8[/youtube]
Darren_Errman
Senior

Post#14 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:38 pm

Brendan Wright is now with Boston. Boston aint contending for nothing. What can GS give Boston to bring Wright back to the bay????
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#15 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:20 am

Great game thread. Well done sir!

Westbrook is going to go berserk tonight. He's unstoppable right now.

Our 3 ball will need to be on, and we need to rebound big time. If we can clear the boards constantly and not let in more 2nd chance points like we did last game, we have a chance.

Finally, we need to wine and dine KD. He needs to feel the love from the Bay cause I hope we chase him in free agency.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#16 » by old rem » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:30 am

East Bay Sports wrote:thun·der
ˈTHəndər
noun
a loud rumbling or crashing noise heard after a lightning flash

That loud crashing noise is the Thunder 7 game winning streak coming to an end tonight in ORACLE ARENA

The Dubs will supply the lightning

Westbrook has arguably been the best player in the league dating back to last year's postseason.

KD gave the Dubs the business to the tune of 54 last time he played against Golden State

Don't make Steve angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry

Coming off the 1-10 3pt shooting night you know Steph is ready for this one

Broken nose ain't holdin' Harry Barnes back. He continues to grow as a player and his rapidly rising confidence can help the Warriors to a win tonight with another solid performance.

Draymond has become the leader of the team. He is the X-Factor.. if he plays well, expect a Warriors win.

Time to flex on em

Game girl, hope Klay doesn't mind :uhoh:

Spoiler:

our dog barks at thunder. She DARES it to come so close she can rip it up. She's on the cable..so.. her empire only goes about 20 ft.. but she does not CARE. The thunder could be as big as a RHINO...it ain't getting to the front porch in one piece. That's the attitude we got to bring. :rocking:

Oh.. good game girl pics... don't tell Klay me and her got a history.
CENSORED... No comment.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#17 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:50 am

old rem wrote:Oh.. good game girl pics... don't tell Klay me and her got a history.

You worry me sometimes rem.
old rem
RealGM

Post#18 » by old rem » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:26 am

cdubbz wrote:Ibaka is one of the best stretch 4's in the league. Should be interesting to see how he does against Draymond this time around. He can actually close out on Green's threes.

ALSO...we need to see Igoudala's elite defense against Durant.
Well... obviously Iggy won't win a matchup vs Durant.. but between Iggy+ Barnes we might be okay. Speights can score.. Klay can score. Who's scoring at the 2 + 5 for OKC? Who is the bench guy for them? OKC is damn tough if healthy But.. we've played them well and we are at home.
CENSORED... No comment.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#19 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:30 am

HiRez wrote:Dubs still need to figure out how to break high Curry traps, he still struggles with them and teams are increasingly going to it. The other 4 guys need to anticipate it, recognize when the other team is setting up for it, and make themselves available to receive the ball. So many times I see the trap being initiated on Curry and the rest of his teammates are standing around waiting for a pass instead of coming to get the ball, or setting a screen to bust him out of it.

Letting someone else handle the ball and playing Curry off it is one solution, but I don't like it much. Curry makes great things happen with the ball in his hands and he's better shooting off the dribble than as a spot up shooter. Plus, Curry takes a lot of abuse playing off the ball, he has to run a lot of miles trying to shake himself free (or play decoy) and he gets mauled every time he crosses through the lane.

The 3 guys not setting a pick or having the ball must be in constant motion.
If 2 guys come at Curry he needs to split them quickly or get rid of the ball quickly and rely on his teammates to make the correct 2nd pass.

If somebody is setting a pick for Curry and 3 guys come over to defend Curry and the pick setter then again Curry needs to split that defense or get rid of the ball fast.

I think Kerr was right to move to the everybody is a playmaker mentality and move away from Mark Jacksons thinking that they ball must be in Curry's hand and we will find a way for Curry to get free by using a pick at the 3 point line.
old rem
RealGM

Post#20 » by old rem » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:33 am

Coxy wrote:
old rem wrote:Oh.. good game girl pics... don't tell Klay me and her got a history.

You worry me sometimes rem.
I should be flattered anyone fell for that joke....I'm old. I got damn little $. So...what's a one night stand anyhow? :D
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors