Splash Bros Prime

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Re: Splash Bros Prime 

Post#21 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:49 am

Bandito wrote:
What makes you say that? The look in their eyes? Lol.

Not trying to be a dick but how do you measure something like that? Klay seems to be a great competitor.

How old are you? Did you watch prime 90's Reggie Miller?

Klay hasn't showed anything near that sort of fire to dominate just yet. It's laughable to suggest so.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#22 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:45 am

Coxy wrote:
Bandito wrote:
What makes you say that? The look in their eyes? Lol.

Not trying to be a dick but how do you measure something like that? Klay seems to be a great competitor.

How old are you? Did you watch prime 90's Reggie Miller?

Klay hasn't showed anything near that sort of fire to dominate just yet. It's laughable to suggest so.

37 pts in a quarter is a pretty dominant display of fire. There's no reason to believe Klay isn't as good a competitor as Reggie, he just hasn't had the playoff opportunities to show it yet. He displays differently but you gotta fear the silent assassin as much as the trash talker.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#23 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:28 am

Coxy wrote:Best back courts of all time, that we might be one day comparing them to if we get longevity and also maybe titles out of them.

In no particular order mind you.

1. Magic Johnson + Byron Scott
2. Isiah Thomas + Joe Dumars
3. Ron Harper + Michael Jordan
4. Walt Frazier + Earl Monroe
5. Jerry West + Gail Goodrich
6. Jerry West + Elgin Baylor
6. KC Jones + Sam Jones
7. Bill Sharman + Bob Cousy
8. Chauncey Billups + Richard Hamilton
9. Tony Parker + Manu Ginobili
10. John Starks + Mookie Blaylock (1999 Prime Warriors era)

Any others worth mentioning?

The one most people forget is zeke and joe but its just Jordan + whoever... Kerr

Buts it hard to think of many better
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#24 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 am

Reggie along with drazen and mullin were my favorite players... i would still take reggie first only cuz how much more physical the game was then but klay is comming along. Ive actually liked him more than steph since everyone was so big on harrioson his rook season.. curry might be better but i like how he has added each year and he plays both ways
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#25 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:51 am

Coxy wrote:Best back courts of all time, that we might be one day comparing them to if we get longevity and also maybe titles out of them.

6. KC Jones + Sam Jones

Stockton/Hornacek was a pretty good shooting backcourt - both shot over 48% from the field and 40% from 3pt, Stockton all time leader in assists. Those late 90s Jazz teams probably gave Jordan's Bulls their toughest challenge.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#26 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:55 am

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:

6. KC Jones + Sam Jones

Stockton/Hornacek was a pretty good shooting backcourt - both shot over 48% from the field and 40% from 3pt, Stockton all time leader in assists. Those late 90s Jazz teams probably gave Jordan's Bulls their toughest challenge.

Excellent addition to the list. Best back court the wank stain Jazz have had and worthy of the list.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#27 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:59 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:37 pts in a quarter is a pretty dominant display of fire.

Yeah, and Donyell Marshall co-holds the NBA record for 3's in a game, with 12. Players get hot. Your point is invalid.

It's disrespectful to compare Reggie's competitive fire to Klay's right now.
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#28 » by JimmyTD3 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 am

Coxy wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:37 pts in a quarter is a pretty dominant display of fire.

Yeah, and Donyell Marshall co-holds the NBA record for 3's in a game, with 12. Players get hot. Your point is invalid.

The whole "fire" thing is...irrelevant. Are we talking about basketball or chili sauce here?

Plenty of great players quietly go about their business and dominate.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#29 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:33 am

Coxy wrote:

I can't believe you isolated and responded to the jokey part of what I wrote and ignored the rest. Klay, this season in particular has shown himself to be incredibly competitive by relentlessly attacking the bucket. His consistent defensive ability alone shows him to be tougher and more competitive than Reggie. Right now he is a better player than Reggie and that includes being more competitive and after years of this level of play everyone will agree.

My points are invalid? Well all your base are belong to us.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#30 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:03 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I can't believe you isolated and responded to the jokey part of what I wrote and ignored the rest. Klay, this season in particular has shown himself to be incredibly competitive by relentlessly attacking the bucket. His consistent defensive ability alone shows him to be tougher and more competitive than Reggie. Right now he is a better player than Reggie and that includes being more competitive and after years of this level of play everyone will agree.

You never watched Reggie Miller play, admit it. Type in "Reggie MIller" in Youtube, watch, learn.

thinkingwarriors wrote:Well all your base are belong to us.

Well I have no idea what the hell you're talking about there.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#31 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:07 am

Stringcheese wrote:
Coxy wrote:

The whole "fire" thing is...irrelevant. Are we talking about basketball or chili sauce here?

Plenty of great players quietly go about their business and dominate.

Wrong. Reggie was an animal, long term. To disregard Reggie's legacy is lunacy. Klay is a puppy only coming into maturity. He's got a WAY'S to go before he hits the heights of some of the greats, which Miller is.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#32 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:16 am

For the youngens that need a history lesson. It aint all about the numbers.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJbwHk0aWw[/youtube]
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#33 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:24 am

Coxy wrote:You never watched Reggie Miller play, admit it. Type in "Reggie MIller" in Youtube, watch, learn.

You have a romantic fixation with Reggie Miller, I get it(I will assume you actually understand the meaning of this and realize it's not some sort of crude insult). I always pulled for him, Smits, Davis bros to beat the Bulls/Knicks. They always were my favorite EC team. Reggie was great but Klay has more game than Reggie and I am confident when given the opportunity he will come up big in the playoffs thereby settling the competitiveness question. He doesn't have to bow or give the choke sign to prove it. I think you mistake Klay's lack of demonstrativeness with lack of fire but I just don't think it's the case. Be open-minded enough to allow Klay to change your mind rather than denigrate those who don't agree with you.

Coxy wrote:

It means if you want to throw around absolutes devoid of meaning I'll play that game too.
The hottest of takes...
Coxy
RealGM

Post#34 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:42 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Coxy wrote:You never watched Reggie Miller play, admit it. Type in "Reggie MIller" in Youtube, watch, learn.

You have a romantic fixation with Reggie Miller, I get it(I will assume you actually understand the meaning of this and realize it's not some sort of crude insult). I always pulled for him, Smits, Davis bros to beat the Bulls/Knicks. They always were my favorite EC team. Reggie was great but Klay has more game than Reggie and I am confident when given the opportunity he will come up big in the playoffs thereby settling the competitiveness question. He doesn't have to bow or give the choke sign to prove it. I think you mistake Klay's lack of demonstrativeness with lack of fire but I just don't think it's the case. Be open-minded enough to allow Klay to change your mind rather than denigrate those who don't agree with you.

Coxy wrote:

It means if you want to throw around absolutes devoid of meaning I'll play that game too.

I have no romantic fixation with Reggie Miller whatsoever. I do however, respect players longevity and cultural marks on the game. Klay is doing some awesome regular season stuff right now. So did Sprewell. So did J-Rich. So did Ray Allen. So did Majerle. So did Drexler. So did Alan Houston. So did Richmond. So did Stackhouse. So did Jim Jackson. So did Starks. So did Lever. So did T-Mac. So did Dumars. So did Carter. So did Joe fricken Johnson.

Klay's doing well, and a freak 37 point quarter is something to take note of and add to his growing story, but he is FAR away from even being considered in any all time type conversations.

Get real people, Klay's a puppy, come talk to me in 2 seasons. Then we'll have a chat.
Manute Lol
Sixth Man
And1: 2,252

Post#35 » by Manute Lol » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:50 am

Bandito wrote:
likashing wrote:
Bandito wrote:Curry and Thompson have become one of a kind players. It's easier to find comparable guys to Klay though, he's kind of like a Reggie Miller or Ray Allen type, though it looks like he has a chance to surpass both. I think he's already better than Reggie Miller ever was.

I like Klay but :noway:

State your case...

Klay is a better 3 point shooter and better defender than prime Reggie. He's scoring at a better rate per minute this season than Reggie ever did. So I don't think it's far fetched. Klay obviously can't compare to the career accomplishments yet, but he looks to be on his way. What part of his game do you think Reggie had a big edge on Klay?

Reggie Miller carried the Pacers offensively. He was their #1 option and had to face defensive pressure and create his own shots under conditions that Klay has never faced. This also separates Miller from Ray Allen, who never carried a good team offensively as Miller did the Pacers. I'm not saying Klay can't get there (I believe he can), but he ain't on Reggie Miller's level right now.
antistrat wrote:What Golden State isn't realizing is that their offense has been neutralized. It isn't coming back. Cleveland is too long, too athletic, too fast, too gritty and too smart as a team.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#36 » by kaiballz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:06 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2343 ... court-ever

the numbers under
Top 20 All-Star Backcourt Duos
should put paid to any misconception that any ancient backcourt in history is better than steph and klay right now

the nba is being changed. new heroes are being formed. history is being erased and remade.

time to get on with the flow, old folks.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
Coxy
RealGM

Post#37 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 am

kaiballz wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2343398-stephen-curry-and-klay-thompson-on-pace-to-be-nbas-best-backcourt-ever

the numbers under
Top 20 All-Star Backcourt Duos
should put paid to any misconception that any ancient backcourt in history is better than steph and klay right now

the nba is being changed. new heroes are being formed. history is being erased and remade.

time to get on with the flow, old folks.

I have no words.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by kaiballz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:25 am

numbers don't lie ;)
and our splash bros' numbers this season are flat out pwning any backcourt in history. great they may be, but they'll have to settle for #2 :lol:

I believe in this team.

Coxy
RealGM

Post#39 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 am

kaiballz wrote:numbers don't lie ;)
and our splash bros' numbers this season are flat out pwning any backcourt in history. great they may be, but they'll have to settle for #2 :lol:

It's official then. Maggette is better than Klay.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by kaiballz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:10 am

Coxy wrote:
kaiballz wrote:numbers don't lie ;)

It's official then. Maggette is better than Klay.

how in the world are maggette's numbers better than klay :crazy:

i expected better from you man other than a sulky rebuttal because i called u old :lol:

I believe in this team.

Return to Golden State Warriors