ImageImageImageImageImage

I don't get no respect! - The David Lee Thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Re: I don't get no respect! - The David Lee Thread 

Post#461 » by watch1958 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 10:12 pm

There are some posters who have written tomes about the need to support players 100%. So I thought I'd give them the chance by bumping this thread.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#462 » by turk3d » Sat Apr 4, 2015 10:50 pm

and1GS wrote:I think David is a smallball 5 or stopgap matchup-specific 4 at this point. I don't feel comfortable sliding him into the rotation nightly when he doesn't understand switching - he's a luxury, not a must-integrate.

I actually think he's starting to pick it up. Noticed in the last few games he seems to be getting more accustomed to playing in our current defensive scheme which should actually be a big benefit to him (gets a lot of help so which he needs due to his poor man coverage). Seems to be doing a better job of switching than he has in the past. Let's hope it continues to improve since it seems that Kerr is intending to use him although I imagine he'll sit him down if Lee gets rodgered too hard by his opponent.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#463 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Apr 5, 2015 2:02 pm

Didn't even notice he got a DNP CD until just now. Wonder if he was tired after 3 starts? He did say conditioning was the biggest bonus of starting those 3 games.

He has been less infuriating to watch lately, I'll give him that. Any time I see him actually trying on defense I am much more willing to give him a pass.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#464 » by turk3d » Sun Apr 5, 2015 2:10 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Didn't even notice he got a DNP CD until just now. Wonder if he was tired after 3 starts? He did say conditioning was the biggest bonus of starting those 3 games.

He has been less infuriating to watch lately, I'll give him that. Any time I see him actually trying on defense I am much more willing to give him a pass.

Yeah, weird how Kerrstradamus does things. Starts him 2 consecutive games (and he performs well) and then when Dray comes bacl. doesn't play him at all. Should be interesting now that we've clinched HCA to see how Kerr plays it the last 6 games. I imagine that he'll go with his regulars in todays game against the Spurs.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#465 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Apr 5, 2015 2:12 pm

turk3d wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:Didn't even notice he got a DNP CD until just now. Wonder if he was tired after 3 starts? He did say conditioning was the biggest bonus of starting those 3 games.

Yeah, weird how Kerrstrodamus does things. Starts him 2 consecutive games (and he performs well) and then when Dray comes bacl. doesn't play him at all. Should be interesting now that we've clinched HCA to see how Kerr plays it the last 6 games. I imagine that he'll go with his regulars in todays game against the Spurs.

I could see it going either way tonight. Use this as the last dress rehearsal for the playoffs (my preference) or rest guys because this is the last b2b of the season (also understandable)

He will probably meet it halfway and sit a couple of people. Iguodala + Draymond would make sense IMO. Iguodala played maybe his best game of the season last night and probably played harder than anyone else on the team. Draymond played 30 minutes after missing some time, so easing him back in would make sense. Bogut should be fine, only played 18 minutes yesterday.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#466 » by and1GS » Mon Apr 6, 2015 7:56 pm

turk3d wrote:
and1GS wrote:I think David is a smallball 5 or stopgap matchup-specific 4 at this point. I don't feel comfortable sliding him into the rotation nightly when he doesn't understand switching - he's a luxury, not a must-integrate.

I actually think he's starting to pick it up. Noticed in the last few games he seems to be getting more accustomed to playing in our current defensive scheme which should actually be a big benefit to him (gets a lot of help so which he needs due to his poor man coverage). Seems to be doing a better job of switching than he has in the past. Let's hope it continues to improve since it seems that Kerr is intending to use him although I imagine he'll sit him down if Lee gets rodgered too hard by his opponent.

I'd say the exact opposite. He seems to be passable as a strict man defender, but is god awful on switching. He's improved a bit, but frequently gets lost once motion sets and general movement occurs on that end.

Imagine him defending the Hawks or Spurs offense. That's just begging for him to be exploited.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
turk3d
RealGM

Post#467 » by turk3d » Mon Apr 6, 2015 8:07 pm

and1GS wrote:
turk3d wrote:

I'd say the exact opposite. He seems to be passable as a strict man defender, but is god awful on switching. He's improved a bit, but frequently gets lost once motion sets and general movement occurs on that end.

Imagine him defending the Hawks or Spurs offense. That's just begging for him to be exploited.

I guess we're think that opposite. Truth is he's just a horrible defender, plain and simple (probably holds true in either case). I just think that he stands a better chance in our new scheme (if he could learn it). One of the problems in the switching D, is you need to be quick enough to rotate in time, and I noticed (maybe I'm imagining things) that he seemed to be moving a bit faster than he had been most of this season (seemed extremely slow, slower than usual to me).

I look at guys like the Blur and I see how our coaching staff has somehow managed to transform him into becoming an adequate defender and I have to believe that they might be able to do the same with Lee. He just gets annihilated by certain players when he has to guard them one on one. At least with our switching D, there's usually help for a guy when he's obviously mismatched.

And as for the Hawks who tend to be one of the smaller teams, we're better off using Barnes @ the 4 (or Dray when Bogut's in). I wouldn't expect to see too much of him in there if we face the Hawks in the finals.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#468 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 8:11 pm

and1GS wrote:Imagine him defending the Hawks or Spurs offense. That's just begging for him to be exploited.

On those teams I think Parker is the only one that would exploit him. LeBron and Westbrook would eat him alive as well.

He's a great player to have at the 5 If the opponent doesn't have a guy that can really attack and finish . He's quick (by center standards) and he can rebound and score. This is one of the things Mark Jackson recognized and did well, which is why Lee/Green was so dominant last year.

He's not the guy you always want out there, but when the match up is right they can cause some real trouble. Lee/Green/Barnes/Thompson/Curry would destroy any lineup that doesn't have a rim attacker.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#469 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 6, 2015 8:25 pm

I like Lee's game in a vacuum.. but I see no reason to bend over backwards to get him into the rotation. I'd say he's clearly out of the playoff rotation at this point, and barring injury / an unprecedented turnaround on the defensive end, there's no reason to change that. Maybe gets some situational minutes, or is a breather big, but I don't think we should be planning on seeing David Lee in the playoffs.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#470 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 9:57 pm

If we start seeing more doses of Lee in the playoffs it means we're in trouble. Let's hope his ass stays on the bench as long as possible.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#471 » by and1GS » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:17 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
and1GS wrote:Imagine him defending the Hawks or Spurs offense. That's just begging for him to be exploited.

On those teams I think Parker is the only one that would exploit him. LeBron and Westbrook would eat him alive as well.

He's a great player to have at the 5 If the opponent doesn't have a guy that can really attack and finish . He's quick (by center standards) and he can rebound and score. This is one of the things Mark Jackson recognized and did well, which is why Lee/Green was so dominant last year.

He's not the guy you always want out there, but when the match up is right they can cause some real trouble. Lee/Green/Barnes/Thompson/Curry would destroy any lineup that doesn't have a rim attacker.

It's not so much about the PG attacking him 1:1 - what I see often is he bites too high on a pick and roll or rotation, leaving the guy he should be guarding wide open for an easy pass and lay-up/shot.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
and1GS
RealGM

Post#472 » by and1GS » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:21 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:I like Lee's game in a vacuum.. but I see no reason to bend over backwards to get him into the rotation. I'd say he's clearly out of the playoff rotation at this point, and barring injury / an unprecedented turnaround on the defensive end, there's no reason to change that. Maybe gets some situational minutes, or is a breather big, but I don't think we should be planning on seeing David Lee in the playoffs.

The only three situations I can see him playing in:

1) Our entire offense is taking a ****, Curry/Klay are a combined 2/20 and we need somebody to start making shots someway, somehow.

2) We want to go small and Kerr either doesn't trust Speights or Mo is shooting 0/10.

3) We want to give the opposition a different look for a few minutes. This could happen maybe once every 3-5 games and would alternate between playing McAdoo and Lee.

As a regular rotation player, I really don't see it.

Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#473 » by Frozzy » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:26 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Did you forget about Mike Scott's 3 point barrage against Lee in Atlanta? There are a ton of players out there that will happily take Lee off the dribble OR drain some jumpers in his face.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#474 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:33 pm

Frozzy wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Did you forget about Mike Scott's 3 point barrage against Lee in Atlanta? There are a ton of players out there that will happily take Lee off the dribble OR drain some jumpers in his face.

I remember that... I remember how Lee was getting hammered on the forums because his man was making contested 3 pt shots. Someone making shots on you isn't an indicator of poor defense. Atlanta back-picked Lee to death and no one else on the team thought to contest Atlanta's bigs at the 3 pt line so Lee could recover. It took their 4s striping 3s to beat us.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#475 » by turk3d » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:53 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
Frozzy wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

I remember that... I remember how Lee was getting hammered on the forums because his man was making contested 3 pt shots. Someone making shots on you isn't an indicator of poor defense. Atlanta back-picked Lee to death and no one else on the team thought to contest Atlanta's bigs at the 3 pt line so Lee could recover. It took their 4s striping 3s to beat us.

+ 1. Guys are bad when they are bad. No need to embellish it when it's not all their fault.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#476 » by Kuya » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Please no minutes for Lee
Bandito
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Re: 

Post#477 » by Bandito » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:36 am

Kuya wrote:Please no minutes for Lee

So far, so good!
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

David Lee 

Post#478 » by JohnVancouver » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Another season and $15 m. left on his long deal. What would you want and what would you include to move him to the lakers?
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: David Lee 

Post#479 » by Coxy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:08 pm

We will include nothing.

What do we want? A 2nd Rnd pick.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Re: David Lee