Impromptu Game Thread vs. Washington

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Impromptu Game Thread vs. Washington 

Post#81 » by jason bourne » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:57 am

Franc wrote:
old rem wrote:Is Bogut okay...cause he sure did not have much of a game. Speights and Lee,made some impact. Bogut did not.

I am asking the same question????

DLee got picked up in two of my fantasy leagues as Bogut's replacement. He stands to gain the most.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#82 » by Onus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:24 am

I don't think Green has played any 3 for us at all this year.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#83 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:34 am

Big game coming up...
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#84 » by bakesale » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:16 am

Ganji wrote:Image

Amazing!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#85 » by Mylie10 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:29 am

Cutie and booty
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#86 » by Porzingis » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 am

Curry-Thompson-Green-Lee-Bogut?

Not enough spacing and they'll be much easier to guard with only two 3pt threats out there..
Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#87 » by Porzingis » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:40 am

Onus wrote:I don't think Green has played any 3 for us at all this year.

It still amazes me that so many people think he's a 3.

Of course he can play some 3 just like steph curry can play sg. That's just not who he is.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#88 » by Mac1958 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:25 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:I really hope the Warriors get lucky with their 2015 1st Round Pick on a defensive center because Andrew Bogut is just not a guy you can depend on and Festus Ezeli is Festus Ezeli. To think that the Warriors had two chances: Andre Drummond and Rudy Gobert. SMH.

Yeah, this has been my biggest concern all year. We need a backup rim protector, asap.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been amazing if we had seen Whiteside laying around.

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#89 » by The-Power » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Porzingis wrote:
Onus wrote:I don't think Green has played any 3 for us at all this year.

It still amazes me that so many people think he's a 3.

Of course he can play some 3 just like steph curry can play sg. That's just not who he is.

Nailed it!
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#90 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:11 pm

What is up with Barnes lately? Starting to look like last year's Barnes. Iguodala is doing so much more to help this team win right now it isn't even funny. He needs to start cutting into Harry's minutes more.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#91 » by kaiballz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:44 pm

barnes is fine. hes nailing open corner threes and running the break while playing good D. thats all we need from him. there's no need for the black falcon to take over the game when we got steph and klay.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#92 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:What is up with Barnes lately? Starting to look like last year's Barnes. Iguodala is doing so much more to help this team win right now it isn't even funny. He needs to start cutting into Harry's minutes more.

This is where the depth is key.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: Re: Impromptu Game Thread vs. Washington 

Post#93 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:38 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
NuWarriors wrote:
What are you even talking about? He's not even on the floor. What is he doing that's not to your liking?

I assume he is criticizing that Bogut's play this game doesnt really merit being on the floor tonight.

Its an aberration, but he is having a stinker.

Bogut has been playing hurrible for over a month. That's why I asked early if the Ws scored inside. Just saw the 3Q+ though. No excuse unless he's hurt and he's not telling anybody.

I don't think he was "terrible" before the break. He has been a major factor on D and on the glass. The change has been that since his injury lay-off, his timing was for c :censored: and that had taken him out of the flow of the offense as a facilitator. Also, teams have now seen our playbook and are overplaying many of the passes that Bogut was racking up assists making.

But to me was the first game where I really felt like he was a non-factor on D as well. I don't think he's hurt. I think he just had a crappy game.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#94 » by jason bourne » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
I assume he is criticizing that Bogut's play this game doesnt really merit being on the floor tonight.

Its an aberration, but he is having a stinker.

Bogut has been playing hurrible for over a month. That's why I asked early if the Ws scored inside. Just saw the 3Q+ though. No excuse unless he's hurt and he's not telling anybody.

I don't think he was "terrible" before the break. He has been a major factor on D and on the glass. The change has been that since his injury lay-off, his timing was for c :censored: and that had taken him out of the flow of the offense as a facilitator. Also, teams have now seen our playbook and are overplaying many of the passes that Bogut was racking up assists making.

But to me was the first game where I really felt like he was a non-factor on D as well. I don't think he's hurt. I think he just had a crappy game.

I got Bogut in one of my fantasy leagues -- money league. He's dropped about three or four rounds. His ceiling is third round and he was there. Now he's around seventh and headed down.

I think he's still good for sixth or seventh round now and hope he climbs back up to sixth. He's somewhere between third and seventh I hope.

I just checked and the guy who picked up DLee burned a waiver on him. Sheesh.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#95 » by Mylie10 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Bogut was visibly frustrated with some of the calls on him last night. And Washingtons game plan was smart.

Gortat who had often struggled banging with Bogut, decided to run the floor. He leaked out every chance he got against Bogut and then an unsuspecting Speights. All game long Gortat ran the floor. The few times when Gortat was in the post and banging with Bogut, it didn't work out as well for him.

He does seem off, but I watched the game again late last night and specifically watched Bogut and he just seemed frustrated with the refs. They did actively go to him a few times in the post, which is good, and of course he rolled a couple out and front rimmed another. So part of the low point total was a few close misses.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#96 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:47 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

I got Bogut in one of my fantasy leagues -- money league. He's dropped about three or four rounds. His ceiling is third round and he was there. Now he's around seventh and headed down.

I think he's still good for sixth or seventh round now and hope he climbs back up to sixth. He's somewhere between third and seventh I hope.

I just checked and the guy who picked up DLee burned a waiver on him. Sheesh.

I'm pretty sure you are aware that I don't give a wet popcorn fart about Bogut's fantasy sports value.

His defense was fine before the AS break. His offense was out of sync. Last night he was bad on both ends. Thus far, Bogut being bad on both ends of the court in the ways that matter to the real live NBA Warriors team is an aberration ... thus far
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#97 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Mac1958 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:I really hope the Warriors get lucky with their 2015 1st Round Pick on a defensive center because Andrew Bogut is just not a guy you can depend on and Festus Ezeli is Festus Ezeli. To think that the Warriors had two chances: Andre Drummond and Rudy Gobert. SMH.

Yeah, this has been my biggest concern all year. We need a backup rim protector, asap.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been amazing if we had seen Whiteside laying around.

Pat Riley probably had some type of magic psychic on Whiteside because there was really no one that can predicted what he's doing right now. I wish I can borrow Pat Riley's magic psychic and ask him or her about Alexis Ajinca, Cole Aldrich, Dewayne Dedmon, and Eric Moreland because I like to take a chance on one of these guys next season. These 4 players are cheap and can be a low risk high reward type of experiment.

Return to Golden State Warriors