Schedule going forward is brutal

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Schedule going forward is brutal 

Post#41 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:18 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
paul wrote:Figured this was as good a place as any for this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyLeroux/status/580528045951422464[/tweet]

aka "Our Real Lineup"

I remembered that article clearly and I actually posted a comment at the bottom of the article, but for some reason my comment is not showing. I can't think of one team with a lineup with two scorers in Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson and with 4 potential all-defensive players in Andrew Bogut, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, and Klay Thompson.

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/2 ... re-Chamber
MikeYi30430
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#42 » by MikeYi30430 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:05 pm

a8bil wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:the stretch of games from 3/24 to 4/7 must be some kind of sick joke:

@POR
@MEM
@MIL
@LAC
PHX
@DAL
@SAS
@NOR

:noway:

Exactly...can we win 50% of those?

Lol 50%? I expect them to go 6/8 or 7/8.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#43 » by Mylie10 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:38 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:
paul wrote:Figured this was as good a place as any for this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyLeroux/status/580528045951422464[/tweet]

aka "Our Real Lineup"

I remembered that article clearly and I actually posted a comment at the bottom of the article, but for some reason my comment is not showing. I can't think of one team with a lineup with two scorers in Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson and with 4 potential all-defensive players in Andrew Bogut, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, and Klay Thompson.

Was I wrong to think that's what the lineup should have been from the beginning of the season?

After hearing Barnes interviewed on knbr the other day, I'm not so sure his psyche could have handled the bench again...so from that standpoint maybe it was the way to go. And props to Iguodala for sucking it up for the team.

No doubt that will be the go to most important unit on the floor when it really matters.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#44 » by JimmyTD3 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:47 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:aka "Our Real Lineup"

Was I wrong to think that's what the lineup should have been from the beginning of the season?

After hearing Barnes interviewed on knbr the other day, I'm not so sure his psyche could have handled the bench again...so from that standpoint maybe it was the way to go. And props to Iguodala for sucking it up for the team.

No doubt that will be the go to most important unit on the floor when it really matters.

Eh, I really think it's as simple as: our bench unit needs Iguodala more than our starting unit needs Iguodala.

He's like our Ginobili
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#45 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Stringcheese wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

Eh, I really think it's as simple as: our bench unit needs Iguodala more than our starting unit needs Iguodala.

He's like our Ginobili

I think this point is moot come playoff time because we will rarely/if ever see units consisting of 4+ bench players like we do at times in the regular season. I agree if you sat down and made two separate 5 man units we are better off pairing Dala with the B Team and Barnes with the starters so I guess it does the trick for the regular season.

Dala won't sniff 6MOTY consideration but he should. He has been amazing
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#46 » by HiRez » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Well, tonight vs. Memphis will be a true test for us. We don't need the win for standings, but I think they need to win this game for their own state of mind and confidence for later. It's not good to go into the playoffs having doubts about whether you can beat a team.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#47 » by watch1958 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Kerr might change Barnes/Ig mix in playoffs, don't think he would get much flak either way. Ironic thing is that the really big change, Green for Lee was accidental, but is now set in stone. Trying to imagine how this season would have gone if Lee hadn't been hurt.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Re: Re: Schedule going forward is brutal 

Post#48 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:17 pm

HiRez wrote:Well, tonight vs. Memphis will be a true test for us. We don't need the win for standings, but I think they need to win this game for their own state of mind and confidence for later. It's not good to go into the playoffs having doubts about whether you can beat a team.
certainly when Memphis are 9-9 since the all star break
JimmyTD3
Banned User

Post#49 » by JimmyTD3 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:54 pm

HiRez wrote:Well, tonight vs. Memphis will be a true test for us. We don't need the win for standings, but I think they need to win this game for their own state of mind and confidence for later. It's not good to go into the playoffs having doubts about whether you can beat a team.

Amen, if we can beat MEM on the road, it'll make me 10x more comfortable about or chances in the POs
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#50 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:56 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Stringcheese wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

He's like our Ginobili

I think this point is moot come playoff time because we will rarely/if ever see units consisting of 4+ bench players like we do at times in the regular season. I agree if you sat down and made two separate 5 man units we are better off pairing Dala with the B Team and Barnes with the starters so I guess it does the trick for the regular season.

PG-Stephen Curry, SG-Klay Thompson, PF-Draymond Green, SF-Andre Iguodala, and C-Andrew Bogut should be the lineup closing out games that's if we not blowing out the other team by 20+ points :wink:

I don't mind the starting lineup with PG-Stephen Curry, SG-Klay Thompson, PF-Draymond Green, SF-Harrison Barnes, and C-Andrew Bogut because Harrison Barnes mentally can't handle coming off the bench and has shown this year that he's better with the starting lineup than on the bench. Andre Iguodala has came around, accepted his role off the bench, and been awesome for the last couple of weeks now. Let's not screw with Harrison Barnes, his mind, and his confidence by bringing him off the bench because we going to need him in the playoffs.

What's going to be difficult for Steve Kerr is what guys to sub in after that starting lineup? Maybe a lineup of PG-Shaun Livingston, SG-Klay Thompson, PF-Harrison Barnes, SF-Andre Iguodala, and C-Marreese Speights to build the lead? Then a lineup of PG-Shaun Livingston, SG-Leandro Barbosa, PF-Draymond Green, SF-Andre Iguodala, C-Festus Ezeli to give the starters a little bit more time to rest and maintain the lead? By that time, we can bring back a rested PG-Stephen Curry, a re-energized SG-Klay Thompson, a eager PF-Draymond Green, a re-energized SF-Harrison Barnes, and a rested C-Andrew Bogut to close out the 1st half.

Then in the 2nd half, we can do the same similar lineups except with PG-Stephen Curry, SG-Klay Thompson, PF-Draymond Green, SF-Andre Iguodala, and C-Andrew Bogut to close out the game. No David Lee until he fix his jumpshot and get some toughness.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#51 » by turk3d » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:13 am

As far as the schedule goes, yes it's brutal. Brutal for everyone who has to play us, lol.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#52 » by GS Warriors 1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:57 am

Well, it's definitely been a "torture chamber" for the opposition so far. :lol:
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 458

Post#53 » by Swift21 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:14 am

Iron sharpens Iron.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#54 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:46 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:
Stringcheese wrote:

He's like our Ginobili

PG-Stephen Curry, SG-Klay Thompson, PF-Draymond Green, SF-Andre Iguodala, and C-Andrew Bogut should be the lineup closing out games that's if we not blowing out the other team by 20+ points :wink:

I don't mind the starting lineup with PG-Stephen Curry, SG-Klay Thompson, PF-Draymond Green, SF-Harrison Barnes, and C-Andrew Bogut because Harrison Barnes mentally can't handle coming off the bench and has shown this year that he's better with the starting lineup than on the bench. Andre Iguodala has came around, accepted his role off the bench, and been awesome for the last couple of weeks now. Let's not screw with Harrison Barnes, his mind, and his confidence by bringing him off the bench because we going to need him in the playoffs.

What's going to be difficult for Steve Kerr is what guys to sub in after that starting lineup? Maybe a lineup of PG-Shaun Livingston, SG-Klay Thompson, PF-Harrison Barnes, SF-Andre Iguodala, and C-Marreese Speights to build the lead? Then a lineup of PG-Shaun Livingston, SG-Leandro Barbosa, PF-Draymond Green, SF-Andre Iguodala, C-Festus Ezeli to give the starters a little bit more time to rest and maintain the lead? By that time, we can bring back a rested PG-Stephen Curry, a re-energized SG-Klay Thompson, a eager PF-Draymond Green, a re-energized SF-Harrison Barnes, and a rested C-Andrew Bogut to close out the 1st half.

Then in the 2nd half, we can do the same similar lineups except with PG-Stephen Curry, SG-Klay Thompson, PF-Draymond Green, SF-Andre Iguodala, and C-Andrew Bogut to close out the game. No David Lee until he fix his jumpshot and get some toughness.

Pretty sure Kerr is going to go with the rotations he's been using for the last couple of months..... All of this is assuming no major injuries or foul trouble.

Starters won't change..... Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Green/Bogut (in that correct order).

Around 6 minutes in, Barnes is replaced by Iguodala and shortly thereafter Thompson is replaced by Barbosa.

Late in the quarter, Bogut is replaced by either Speights or Ezeli, depending on the opponent. Similarly, in the last couple minutes of the quarter, Green is replaced by Barnes or Lee.

Start of the second quarter, Livingston replaces Curry, and Thompson usually comes back in at the same time or shortly thereafter. Curry comes back in at around the 6 minute mark of the quarter, thus usually logging 16-18 minutes by halftime.

The subs (usually but not always with Thompson) generally run for about the first 4 minutes of the quarter..... then Kerr gets Green back in, followed by Curry/Bogut, and puts the Curry/Thompson/Green/Bogut foursome with one of Livingston, Iguodala, or Barnes, depending on who's playing well. Thus, the last 4-6 minutes of the second quarter usually have at least 4 of the 5 starters back on, all playing in the 14-18 minute range for the half.

Pretty much the same in the second half, unless (of course) we're blowing the opponent away, and Kerr plays more of the reserves for longer.

And obviously there's the specialty "havoc" line-up of Curry or Livingston/Thompson/Iguodala/Barnes/Green to create maximum defensive intensity and pace. But that's an "as needed, mix it up" type of thing.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#55 » by turk3d » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Everyone on this team (from 1-12) deserves run during the playoffs. I'm sure that Kerr will play things according to how the games go but all these guys who've been contributing all year long deserves some pt even if it gets somewhat minimized. Guys need to be rewarded for their contributions to the teams overall success and I think Kerr will consider that when we get to the playoffs. And you never know when on of these guys will be needed to step up in a big game.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
JimmyTD3
Banned User

Post#56 » by JimmyTD3 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:23 am

Sooo...how's that brutal schedule looking
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#57 » by migya » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:38 am

Stringcheese wrote:Sooo...how's that brutal schedule looking

Ask Atlanta, Portland and Memphis.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#58 » by a8bil » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:56 am

Stringcheese wrote:Sooo...how's that brutal schedule looking

Who'd a thunk the warriors would dispatch with so many of these teams so easily. Its' pretty ridiculous.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#59 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:59 am

spurs are the next team we need to crush ha
JimmyTD3
Banned User

Post#60 » by JimmyTD3 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:30 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:the stretch of games from 3/24 to 4/7 must be some kind of sick joke:

@POR
@MEM
@MIL
@LAC
PHX
@DAL
@SAS
@NOR

:noway:

@POR (Win)
@MEM (Win)
@MIL (Win)