ImageImageImageImageImage

2015-2016 Roster

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

radtech
Senior
And1: 46

2015-2016 Roster 

Post#1 » by radtech » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:40 am

There's been alot of talk if Lee gets traded, if Barnes gets traded, Speights contract has a 3rd year team option, Barbosa is a free agent after the season and the 3 young players in Kuzmic, Holiday, and McAdoo, what will next year roster look like?

And for now the 30th pick in the 2015 draft.

Not counting Green because he will b back.

First Barbosa, I did not know how great a professional he is and here is an article detaling his value to the team. He should get an "Livingston" deal.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/rewi ... iors-depth

Speights has to go if the Warriors believe in McAdoo and want to develop him.

Holiday might have suitors and could into a better Anthony Morrow.

Kuzmic, I like 2 see more from him and a return is likely.

Oh, get rid of Rush.

Lee and Barnes. When the Warriors first traded all their cap space for Iggy years ago, it effected only 2 players: Thompson and Barnes, getting Iggy pushed Barnes to the bench and bad coaching(Jackson) ruined his second year in the league.

Lee hopefully gets traded to a team that loses out in the 2015 free agent frenzy maybe the Knicks.

Barnes has value but his numbers have leveled off. His 2 best games come with Thompson's injury. When Klay returns Barnes will b averaging 11 points a game again. A fourth option player on this current team. Maybe a package deal with the 30th pick the 12th-15th pick.

The 30th pick, Rondae Hollis Jefferson of Arizona.
Reminds me of Green, has the length the team likes and needs a Green type development to succeed. Or Dakari Johnson of Kentucky, he's a center that moves like a mechanical bull but plays like Ezeli. Cliff Alexander of Kansas, a bruiser with a relentless game but limited offensively.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Re: 2015-2016 Roster 

Post#2 » by BW32 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:54 am

Speights and McAdoo have nothing to do with eachother we don't play Mo at the 4 ever. In the end I would guess the roster looks about the same except 30 gets Lee spot and maybe Kuz is back or not depending if they need a free spot.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#3 » by The-Power » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:18 am

radtech wrote:First Barbosa, I did not know how great a professional he is and here is an article detaling his value to the team. He should get an "Livingston" deal.

What do you mean by a "Livingston" deal? MLE? If so: hell, no.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#4 » by WarFan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:15 am

McAdoo is signed for next year.

I like Barbosa but if he gets more than a vet min offer he's probably gone. At most I'd give him $2 million for a year.

Rush has a player option at vet minimum that he will take, I don't see a huge need to move him as somebody has to sit on the bench for cheap and maybe another offseason allows him to find his game. He's worth the risk.

Speights isn't blocking McAdoo as they play very different roles. At under $4m for next year he's a great deal and if they don't keep him they can get value for him.

Holiday probably needs another year with better consistency to get a decent contract offer since he'll be a RFA. I expect him back for cheap one more year.

Idk what to make of Kuzmic but my guess is that he's gone since they haven't even kept him with the team this year.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#5 » by californiadude » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:55 pm

The thing with Barnes is that he plays his best when they put him as an undersized PF. I've said this before and I'll keep harping on it. As soon as Kerr puts him their he almost magically plays better. If we want to devote our backup 4 minutes to Barnes and go small ball 24/7 then I'd be fine with that. I like Barnes as a locker room guy and he's still very young.

Otherwise I think looking to move him might be a good idea as he might bring in a decent haul. Packaging him with 30 to move up for a center of the future is very intriguing (Miles Turner and Cauley-Stein come to mind). I think getting a center with high potential to learn behind Bogut would be smart. Especially given the knowledge that a high IQ player like Bogut could impart.

Regardless, I don't believe that Barnes and Lee can coexist on the roster and both play up to their potential.

With the 30th pick I'd also like to get a wing. Hollis-Jefferson, RJ Hunter, Justin Anderson and Caris Levert would be at the top of my list. Normally I'd be pushing hard for a center but my favorite sleeper (Poetl from Utah) has started getting attention. I don't think there's going to be one at 30 I'm interested in.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#6 » by migya » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Definitely is interesting what moves the FO should make for next season after this one was such a success.

I think Barbosa has done very well in the opportunities he's been given but he can only return at the vet minimum or no more than 2 million and at his age, I'd only give him a one year deal.

Holiday is a keeper but he is yet to prove himself as a consistent contributor but should get more court time, as Kerr has been giving him lately.

Speights is a must keep at the money he's on.

Rush will be back because he'll take the PO.

The most interesting possibility is with Barnes and Lee. Lee should be traded with all urgency if the right deal is there, not taking back about the same amount of salary for more than one year, which is what Lee has left, otherwise better keeping him for just one more year. Barnes, while still on his rookie contract and after the season he has had, is relatively high valued and still seen as possible allstar caliber. Coupled with Lee they could get good value in return. Mayne even with the 30th pick added, they can get a good player and a young Center that has potential. Would really like to Whiteside from Miami. Be interesting if he continues his level of performing and though Miami would want to keep him, maybe Lee, Barnes and Ezeli for Whiteside, Deng, Chalmers and Haslem. We can throw in a resigned Barbosa if needed but Miami has some players, Haslem and Chalmers, that are aging and getting replaced in their rotation. Deng doesn't look like a long term option for them and Pat Riley could salivate over Barnes' potential, especially next to Dragic, Wade and Bosh. Definitely would be a changing in the roster for both teams.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#7 » by Warriorfan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 pm

This is the best team in the NBA. I see as little change as possible.

Kuzmic ,D Lee ,Rush maybe ,if Barbosa chooses to leave are the only pieces in play.

I Think # 30 becomes a couple Euro stash big 2nd rounders.

Kuzmic becomes a 4/5 vet ring chaser on the vet min. Eg Dalembert ,Okafor ,stoudamire

Rush is on the team unless he goes out with D Lee.
Barbosa is on the team unless he gets a mini MLE deal.

D Lee becomes M Williams exp Calderon, Carl Landry , T Ariza cheaper long term deal.
Maybe D Lee and Barnes/Iggy gets K Love Haywood.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#8 » by californiadude » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Warriorfan wrote:This is the best team in the NBA. I see as little change as possible.

Kuzmic D Lee Rush maybe if Barbosa chooses to leavs are the only pieces in play.

I Think 30 becomes a couple Euro stash bigs 2nd rounders.

Kuzmic becomes a 4/5 vet ring chaser on the vet min.
Rush is on the team unless he goes out with D Lee.
Barbosa is on the team unless he gets a mini MLE deal.

D Lee becomes C Landry or C Frye M Williams T Ariza cheaper long term deal. Big 3 stretch 4 guy.

I've been pushing the Frye-Lee swap since before the deadline. Could be a really interesting move.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#9 » by Coxy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Lee for Frye would be good.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,545

Post#10 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Coxy wrote:Lee for Frye would be good.

Not a fan of that guy. He's about as one dimensional as they come.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#11 » by WarFan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:57 pm

The Regime wrote:

Yeah, every time I see him proposed I gag a little. Old, soft, injury prone and three more years on the deal. :crazy:
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#12 » by JimmyTD3 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:04 pm

WarFan wrote:
The Regime wrote:

Yeah, every time I see him proposed I gag a little. Old, soft, injury prone and three more years on the deal. :crazy:

Ditto.

At his PEAK the guy was grabbing like 6 boards a game and shooting 43% while playing no defense. PLUS he's got 3 years at $8MM per after this season left on his contract.

Honestly this team is pretty set 1-8. Lee's role has vanished, he is now an overpaid 9th-11th man. Which sucks, but let's not trade him for an even worse player with a longer contract.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#13 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:21 pm

I actually take that back. 3 yrs after this one at 8 mill is way more than i thought he was on.

Bad call by me.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#14 » by kaiballz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:30 am

radtech wrote:There's been alot of talk if Lee gets traded, if Barnes gets traded, Speights contract has a 3rd year team option, Barbosa is a free agent after the season and the 3 young players in Kuzmic, Holiday, and McAdoo, what will next year roster look like?

And for now the 30th pick in the 2015 draft.

Not counting Green because he will b back.

First Barbosa, I did not know how great a professional he is and here is an article detaling his value to the team. He should get an "Livingston" deal.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/rewi ... iors-depth

Speights has to go if the Warriors believe in McAdoo and want to develop him.

Holiday might have suitors and could into a better Anthony Morrow.

Kuzmic, I like 2 see more from him and a return is likely.

Oh, get rid of Rush.

Lee and Barnes. When the Warriors first traded all their cap space for Iggy years ago, it effected only 2 players: Thompson and Barnes, getting Iggy pushed Barnes to the bench and bad coaching(Jackson) ruined his second year in the league.

Lee hopefully gets traded to a team that loses out in the 2015 free agent frenzy maybe the Knicks.

Barnes has value but his numbers have leveled off. His 2 best games come with Thompson's injury. When Klay returns Barnes will b averaging 11 points a game again. A fourth option player on this current team. Maybe a package deal with the 30th pick the 12th-15th pick.

The 30th pick, Rondae Hollis Jefferson of Arizona.
Reminds me of Green, has the length the team likes and needs a Green type development to succeed. Or Dakari Johnson of Kentucky, he's a center that moves like a mechanical bull but plays like Ezeli. Cliff Alexander of Kansas, a bruiser with a relentless game but limited offensively.

barbosa is not getting our MLE when we have justin. after next year, we will offer justin a cheap but long contract. the guy has been desperate to play consistently in the nba for awhile now, the length of the contract is more important to him then the value. either way he's a rich man.

also in what world is barnes our 4th option? he's our 3rd. draymond is great but he's purely defensive. I'd rather have barnes shooting a 3 then draymond. but thats the great thing about our team, we don't really have options, its just steph and klay creating and if anyone is open, that guy becomes the option. but if we were to really narrow down the options, barnes is the 3rd option. if the clock was ticking down and we dropped it down to a guy for iso (which is basically what people are talking about when they talk about 1st option, 2nd option, etc), it would be steph > klay > barnes > bogut in the post > draymond. draymond ain't creating for himself unless its on a fast break, and thats because thats not where his awesome value is. barnes' iso play has improved drastically this season, because mj isn't making him post up every possession. the man actually has decent dribbling skills and a deadly pullup jumper. guard skills basically.

and what does speights have to do with mcadoo. have u watched any warriors games this season? speights is the backup for bogut at 5, he's sharing minutes with ezeli. sometimes we play lee and draymond at the 5, but mcadoo is a 4. if mcadoo is replacing anyone its lee. speights and ezeli can still backup for bogut; the importance of speights is that bogut and ezeli are injury prone, so it'll be good to have a doomsday scenario. if both bogut and ezeli are out which isn't impossible, at least we have speights. its not ideal, but thats why its a doomsday scenario.

rush ain't going anywhere whether we want him or not, nobody's taking him.

we won't need kuz anymore either, now that we are finally title contenders, we will be able to get good vets hunting for a ring, and we'll get them cheap.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#15 » by The-Power » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:44 am

kaiballz wrote:also in what world is barnes our 4th option? he's our 3rd. draymond is great but he's purely defensive.

Draymond is technically our 3rd option based on FGA, whether you want it or not. And purely defensive? Please, even on offense he's much more valuable than Barnes and contributes greatly to our new unchained offense. I like Barnes, but he's the fifth guy in your starting line-up who eats what the big guys left and doesn't interfere too much in the eating process.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by kaiballz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:50 am

The-Power wrote:
kaiballz wrote:also in what world is barnes our 4th option? he's our 3rd. draymond is great but he's purely defensive.

Draymond is technically our 3rd option based on FGA, whether you want it or not. And purely defensive? Please, even on offense he's much more valuable than Barnes and contributes greatly to our new unchained offense. I like Barnes, but he's the fifth guy in your starting line-up who eats what the big guys left and doesn't interfere too much in the eating process.

rofl if i want it or not. i see draymond as our 3rd most valuable player. that's different from offensive options.

i don't want anything, i'm just pointing out the facts. also, great job censoring the rest of my post to make me look like a draymond hater. let me just post it here again to show everyone your game.

also in what world is barnes our 4th option? he's our 3rd. draymond is great but he's purely defensive. I'd rather have barnes shooting a 3 then draymond. but thats the great thing about our team, we don't really have options, its just steph and klay creating and if anyone is open, that guy becomes the option. but if we were to really narrow down the options, barnes is the 3rd option. if the clock was ticking down and we dropped it down to a guy for iso (which is basically what people are talking about when they talk about 1st option, 2nd option, etc), it would be steph > klay > barnes > bogut in the post > draymond. draymond ain't creating for himself unless its on a fast break, and thats because thats not where his awesome value is.

as for the fga, did u not read what i said? WE DON"T USUALLY USE OPTIONS, unless the clock is ticking down and we need someone to create, which is rare. we do team play. we pass it around, and whoever is open fires. and draymond is just always open so he's going to take it.

don't try to make me into a draymond hater, or a any-gswplayer-hater except rush, unless u really got a strong argument. because i will destroy it :lol:

either way, i don't like to talk about options because outside of steph and klay, thats not how we play.
we do it teamball style.

Barbosa's tour force followed consecutive games in which Harrison Barnes scorched the nets. Slumping all month, and averaging around 10 points a game, Barnes scored 47 points on 77 percent shooting as the catalyst in wins earlier this week.

Eight days ago, with Kerr resting four starters, it was Justin Holiday coming from the end of the bench to start and score 23 points.

So there is more to slowing the Warriors than stopping Curry and Thompson and even Draymond Green. If it's not Marreese Speights torching the nets, it's David Lee. If it's not Shaun Livingston, it's Holiday or Barbosa or Barnes. Ten different Warriors have scored at least 19 points in a game this season.

"We're deep and the offense is catered to getting guys touches and opportunities to make plays," Curry said. "Those guys are just ready."

The Warriors (56-13) look as ready as they have at any time this season. They've beaten, in order, the Lakers and the Hawks and the Pelicans and the Jazz – three of the four by double digits.

Some of it is being at home, where they are 33-2. Some of it is the team chemistry, which everybody insists is as good as it gets. Much of it, though, is the result of knowing everybody will get a chance. And most will have their moment to shine.

And when that many are capable, what a headache it must be to try and stop.

I believe in this team.

rcg
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#17 » by rcg » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:25 am

Trade Lee for cap relief and a pick; combine with our existing pick/Kuz to move up a little in the draft and get a big man. Sign DeMarre Carroll as the backup 4. And bring back everybody else.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#18 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:28 am

kaiballz wrote:
The-Power wrote:

rofl if i want it or not. i see draymond as our 3rd most valuable player. that's different from offensive options.

i don't want anything, i'm just pointing out the facts. also, great job censoring the rest of my post to make me look like a draymond hater. let me just post it here again to show everyone your game.

also in what world is barnes our 4th option? he's our 3rd. draymond is great but he's purely defensive. I'd rather have barnes shooting a 3 then draymond. but thats the great thing about our team, we don't really have options, its just steph and klay creating and if anyone is open, that guy becomes the option. but if we were to really narrow down the options, barnes is the 3rd option. if the clock was ticking down and we dropped it down to a guy for iso (which is basically what people are talking about when they talk about 1st option, 2nd option, etc), it would be steph > klay > barnes > bogut in the post > draymond. draymond ain't creating for himself unless its on a fast break, and thats because thats not where his awesome value is.

as for the fga, did u not read what i said? WE DON"T USUALLY USE OPTIONS, unless the clock is ticking down and we need someone to create, which is rare. we do team play. we pass it around, and whoever is open fires. and draymond is just always open so he's going to take it.

don't try to make me into a draymond hater, or a any-gswplayer-hater except rush, unless u really got a strong argument. because i will destroy it :lol:

either way, i don't like to talk about options because outside of steph and klay, thats not how we play.
we do it teamball style.

Barbosa's tour force followed consecutive games in which Harrison Barnes scorched the nets. Slumping all month, and averaging around 10 points a game, Barnes scored 47 points on 77 percent shooting as the catalyst in wins earlier this week.

Eight days ago, with Kerr resting four starters, it was Justin Holiday coming from the end of the bench to start and score 23 points.

So there is more to slowing the Warriors than stopping Curry and Thompson and even Draymond Green. If it's not Marreese Speights torching the nets, it's David Lee. If it's not Shaun Livingston, it's Holiday or Barbosa or Barnes. Ten different Warriors have scored at least 19 points in a game this season.

"We're deep and the offense is catered to getting guys touches and opportunities to make plays," Curry said. "Those guys are just ready."

The Warriors (56-13) look as ready as they have at any time this season. They've beaten, in order, the Lakers and the Hawks and the Pelicans and the Jazz – three of the four by double digits.

Some of it is being at home, where they are 33-2. Some of it is the team chemistry, which everybody insists is as good as it gets. Much of it, though, is the result of knowing everybody will get a chance. And most will have their moment to shine.

And when that many are capable, what a headache it must be to try and stop.

Draymond is way more valuable offensively than Barnes dude. Barnes shoots a better % , but that is it. Draymond does a lot more to put the defense on its heels when he pushes the ball and can actually CREATE shots for others, while Barnes can't create for himself or others, he has to be created for. Draymond is also invaluable to our offense with pick and pops w/ Steph, something I can't recall Barnes doing much of/any.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by kaiballz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:55 am

not gonna get into that barnes stuff with you again, you seem to have an agenda.

ill just point out the biggest mistake you made

East Bay Sports wrote:Barnes can't create for himself

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgh827hSNeQ[/youtube]
0:18 drove in on his own
1:20 dribblemoves and pullup on his own
1:43 same as 1:20, althou nicer
2:10 tough shot but scores and 1. smart play actually after feeling the hand grabbing him.

and these are actually plays that harrison barnes does once or twice every game.
We can also see that aside from the fastbreaks, draymond is more of a facilitator during games. like bogut, except bogut's finishing move is the pass, while draymond's is a shot. the fact that you would even say barnes can't create for himself makes me wonder if you even watch our games.

oh hey, a bonus! that last play of the video actually shows barnes can pick and pop as well, just like draymond! so nice to have everything in one video, and the first one i tried at that. thanks barnes!

also,
kaiballz wrote:draymond ain't creating for himself unless its on a fast break, and thats because thats not where his awesome value is.

East Bay Sports wrote:Draymond does a lot more to put the defense on its heels when he pushes the ball

why are u just rephrasing my point? :lol:

either way, i'm not continuing this with u.
have fun stewing in your barnes pit of hate.

i'm just having fun enjoying how well everyone on my team is playing, and not worrying about getting shown up when someone does well which i'm sure is all you can think about when you watch

those back to back 20+ point games for barnes must have been horrible for you to stomach, whatever you claim to the contrary :lol:

I believe in this team.

East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#20 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:25 am

>Claim I hate our players
>Claim I don't watch our games

you are a real piece of work kid

Return to Golden State Warriors