ImageImageImageImageImage

Remaining Schedule

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Remaining Schedule 

Post#1 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:57 pm

OK, so as of now we are healthy, which is the biggest key. Knock on wood, we've been very lucky on that front this season, especially in a year where so many teams have dealt with bad injury troubles.

We have 9 games remaining. We've had a pretty lax last 7 days, with relatively easy victories over Memphis (4th quarter rest) and Milwaukee (Dray and Iguodala got rest) being our only 2 games in the last 6 days. Coming into the Clippers game, this will no doubt be an all systems go game. We will look to blow the doors off them to send a message. After that game it looks like this:

4/2 vs Phoenix- not a b2b and at home, we probably don't rest anyone here.

4/4 @ Dallas
4/5 @ San Antonio

I could see this going either way, and it may depend on if he wants to hide his hand against a potential playoff opponent or try to send a message to that same opponent, obviously meaning the Spurs. Either way, at the very least Iguodala/Bogut will rest 1 of these 2 games. I'd probably try to kick Dallas and then sit most everyone against the Spurs, but that's just me.

After this we play every other day until the RS ends, the 7th @ NO, 9th vs Portland, 11th vs Minnesota, 13th vs Memphis and 15th vs Denver. I wouldn't do any mass resting in most of these games, but might look to rest just one or two guys each night.

The regular season finale should look similar to the game in Denver with everyone taking it easy. Give Lee 40 minutes that game as his big send off before the playoffs.

w/ Kerr at the helm I'm not too worried, but I just think finding the right balance between getting rested and playing our best is a huge key down this last stretch. I don't want to sleepwalk through these final games
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Remaining Schedule 

Post#2 » by turk3d » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:06 pm

It should be interesting to see how people think they will do these last 9 games. Poll? What do you think our record will be? I think that we'll get a pretty good idea of the outcome after this next Clippers game which is probably a "must win" for them. Even if we were to play .500 the rest of the way (preferably 5-4 at worst) that gets us to 65 which would be some kind of accomplishment for this group.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#3 » by HiRez » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:37 am

@ LAC L
vs PHO W
@ DAL W
@ SA L
@ NO W
vs POR W
vs MIN W
vs MEM L
vs DEN W

6-3. But, I won't be surprised if we do better than that. I just think we will rest some guys and other teams have more to play for than we do. They could go 0-9 and still have a great season.

LAC, SA, and MEM games will be interesting since those are the main playoff teams I'd be concerned about. It would be a nice confidence booster to beat them, but they will all want to prove they can beat us as well and they will all be jockeying for playoff position. Clippers might be playing for first round HCA, Memphis and San Antonio will want revenge for the last games when we played them and won.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#4 » by Money_ » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:50 am

If I know Kerr, Lacob, and the general nature of this team, they will want to go out and smash everyone in these last games.

I think it depends on where the back to backs lay and how many minutes players are logging.
I bet Kerr goes full strength vs. Clippers, Spurs, and Grizz, and will sit one or two players for the other games....
the last one vs Denver will be the Ezeli, James McAdoo, Brandon Rush showcase.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#5 » by NBAfan3024 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:22 am

Bet kerr will play everybody against spurs and grizzles

Return to Golden State Warriors