Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Re: GT-Western Conference Finals Game 3 - Warriors V Rockets 

Post#201 » by Coxy » Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm

CanTuna wrote:
Coxy wrote:
CanTuna wrote:My opinion is Harden was hungover and that played the biggest part in stopping him. But Monday will tell the truth. I am fairly certain Harden will not go out tonight. If you guys stop him even remotely close to last night than it was your defensive adjustments. If he has another game close to the first two than it was Harden's stupidity that stopped him. Either way this series is over if not Monday than Wednesday.

Do you have proof that he was out Clubbing?

Click on the twitter links above. Two different people tweeted they saw him. They could be lying but I have friends who can vouch for seeing Harden in the strip clubs earlier this season. He loves women and his way to meet them is the strip clubs.

If you go to clutchfans rocket board, there is a whole lot of people saying he gets coked up. I'm not buying that. But to think he went out the night before game 3 is something that seems more true than not. He looked drunk on the bench and on the floor he played drunk.

Whilst it would make some sense for his lackluster showing in game 3, some random tweets are FAR from convincing, especially when every dog and his pony owns a smart phone these days with CAMERA technology.

It's a theory, but without proof, the chatter should remain on point which is Harden played awful because of better D and play from GS. With Harden not going nuclear, the Rockets as predicted had no backup plan and faded away with only Dwight putting up any sort of resistance. That's what you get from coaching your team with 1 player iso crap ball.

McHale and Morey FTL.
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#202 » by cj03 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:21 pm

CanTuna wrote:We lost by 35 and Harden was a negative 31 of that. The previous game Harden was a plus 12 even in the loss. I found it hard to believe anything you did could have caused that big a swing.

Don't get it twisted. Your defense made it more difficult and no matter how well he played you would have won. But no one player has stopped Harden all year, not like last night. You guys were raving how Klay is a great defender. Harrison Barnes is not that good. Harden schooled Lebron with him covering him.

It wasn't just his terrible shooting. In the past if he's doubled he's found the open man. The previous 2 games he's averaging a near triple double. Last night Harden barely got a single double. 3 rbs, 4 assists, 3-16 shooting, 1-5 behind the arc, that's pathetic. Harden has played 25 great games this year, 25 good ones, 25 bad ones and about 10 pathetic ones when he's coming off a drunken stupor. You notice it more around the Holidays.

Harden is a major talent but he will never be an MVP until he grows up. He doesn't work on his game enough. One day he will wake up and his talent will have diminished and he will have nothing. And were will Drake and Dr. Dre be then. Those guys hangout with him because on top right now and he is accessible. While Curry is tending to his family and working on his game Harden is hitting the titty bars. One day he will learn you can stir the pot all you want but if there ain't no food in the kettle you ain't cooking nothing.

I'd agree with you in that our D might have made it a little harder, but the rate at which he was hitting long 2's was unsustainable. Not sure if I look at the whole partying thing as much of an excuse...there are plenty of titty bars in the Bay too. I'm sure he was out partying in the Bay and he did just fine games 1 & 2.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#203 » by hamncheese » Sun May 24, 2015 10:29 pm

If Harden was out the night before, you would think there would have been reports that night. Both the tweets shown were during the game, and I bet all the supposed confirmation happened after that.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#204 » by likashing » Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Does it matter what Harden did before the game? They have lost 7 straight against us. We are just a FAR FAR superior team than the Rox. Rox fans are all but... but... coulda... woulda...

I just go to clutchfans for entertainment when I'm bored.

We haven't won anything yet. But their fans should just realize and admit they just ain't that good. It's amazing they can still come up with excuses after going 0-7. The only reason is we are just so much better!
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

GT-Western Conference Finals Game 3 - Warriors V Rockets 

Post#205 » by and1GS » Sun May 24, 2015 11:26 pm

likashing wrote:Does it matter what Harden did before the game? They have lost 7 straight against us. We are just a FAR FAR superior team than the Rox. Rox fans are all but... but... coulda... woulda...

We haven't won anything yet. But their fans should just realize and admit they just ain't that good. It's amazing they can still come up with excuses after going 0-7. The only reason is we are just so much better!

Cold bloooooooooded. And i love it haha
CanTuna
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#206 » by CanTuna » Mon May 25, 2015 12:21 am

likashing wrote:Does it matter what Harden did before the game? They have lost 7 straight against us. We are just a FAR FAR superior team than the Rox. Rox fans are all but... but... coulda... woulda...

Exactly. It wasn't like a sober would have made enough difference the way you guys played. Whether or not Harden went out or not is irrelevant. But the fact is Harden parties a lot and a lot of people have reported sightings of Harden. Too many photos to back that up. Again no excuses Warriors are better than the Rockets no matter which Harden shows up. Just going forward as a Rocket fan he needs to deal with that if we are ever going to win a championship with him.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#207 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon May 25, 2015 1:23 am

If Harden went out partying the night before it's unconscionable. You don't win games in the playoffs, let alone the best team in basketball, by doing anything other than exactly what it takes to get yourself ready to play your best. No booze, at least 8 hours of sleep, watch game tape, talk to the coaches about strategy...basically complete focus on the task at hand. Harden better grow up if he has any intention of being spoken of as a great player and making all the money he could possibly make.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#208 » by likashing » Mon May 25, 2015 4:07 am

CanTuna wrote:

Exactly. It wasn't like a sober would have made enough difference the way you guys played. Whether or not Harden went out or not is irrelevant. But the fact is Harden parties a lot and a lot of people have reported sightings of Harden. Too many photos to back that up. Again no excuses Warriors are better than the Rockets no matter which Harden shows up. Just going forward as a Rocket fan he needs to deal with that if we are ever going to win a championship with him.

I think Harden is someone to build around, but his level of maturity is not there yet. Nowadays teams and fans have no patience and have been spoiled by leaders like Durant and Lebron who are mature beyond their age. Harden is only 25 and while physically his prime is now, as a player it probably is another 2-3 years before his game and the mental part of it combined reach his peak.

Unfortunately sometimes players can reach that point on 1 team. Sometimes one might need a change of scenery before getting 'it'.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#209 » by Coxy » Mon May 25, 2015 5:56 am

Harden's a sham. Talented but lazy. The new Rockets Mcgrady.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#210 » by likashing » Mon May 25, 2015 7:49 am

Good analysis on what went down.

~4:30 in the video - :lol: @ Jones for camping in the lane for 6 seconds!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKY1_BCgUTg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#211 » by turk3d » Mon May 25, 2015 7:57 am

likashing wrote:Good analysis on what went down.

~4:30 in the video - :lol: @ Jones for camping in the lane for 6 seconds!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKY1_BCgUTg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

We'll be seeing more of the same from Tristan Thompson when we play the Cavs I'm sure. Ought to put a stopwatch on him.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice

Return to Golden State Warriors