ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeremy Lin

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,055

Jeremy Lin 

Post#1 » by Jester_ » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:40 pm

http://masterherald.com/two-former-teams-interested-in-acquiring-jeremy-lin-from-the-nba-free-agency/20795/

I'm not sure how accurate this is as a source, but it seems like the Warriors are at least partially interested in picking up Lin. Thoughts on this? If we get Houston Lin he'd be a reliable second playmaker, but if he's the "replacement" for Barbosa our bench offense is dicked.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Re: Jeremy Lin 

Post#2 » by Jay 20 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Honestly I think he could be a serviceable backup PG. Other teams like Houston and LA signed him with the intent to make him their primary PG to build the offense around and he is simply not that kind of player.

He's a backup at best and I think he could really flourish in that type of role because he does have play making ability.

Barbosa averaged 7 ppg his 2P% was 51% and 3P% was 38%.

In my opinion Lin can at least replicate that production. I wouldn't hate the signing. Not jumping up and down, screaming for it to happen either.
Jay 20
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by Jay 20 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Duplicate Post
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#4 » by Coxy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Yeah do not want.

1 criteria for mine now when signing backups, is shooting and defensive length. Lin has neither.

The Bucks are figuring it out as well.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#5 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:14 pm

I'm sure we can find better players.
He wouldn't be terrible for the minimum salary, but I don't think he's a good fit here.
Our backup PG is Livingston and if Barbosa isn't resigned we need a SG that can shoot.
Barbosa was useful because he's very good at attacking the rim, but also shot a very good 38% from the 3 point line.
A backcourt with Lin and Livingston doesn't work because they both need to handle the ball to be productive.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#6 » by Coxy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:28 pm

If we are signing a backup that can't shoot, I'd rather target Stuckey.

There are other guys that I think Myers, West, Lacob and Kerr will target. We are the champs now, players will WANT to play here. Ain't that somethin!
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#7 » by Badly Browned » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:35 pm

With Livingston and Iguodala, we need shooters more than we need playmakers.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Jeremy Lin 

Post#8 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:06 am

The only thing good about Lin is that he is a phenomenal pick-and-roll point guard. But he doesn't fit in a lot of ways.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
GMstatus
Starter
And1: 72

Post#9 » by GMstatus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:16 am

Of Bosa leaves, I'd be interested in Stuckey.
fromthetop321 on 11/14/15 wrote:Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.

antistrat on 11/14/15 wrote:Curry is intimidated by LeBron the same way KD is intimidated by LeBron.
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 500

Post#10 » by giordunk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:56 am

I'd love him as a replacement for Barbosa... Really fits in with having a bunch of guys that can handle the ball and create for themselves and others.
i like peanuts
Jay 20
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by Jay 20 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:32 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:I'm sure we can find better players.
He wouldn't be terrible for the minimum salary, but I don't think he's a good fit here.
Our backup PG is Livingston and if Barbosa isn't resigned we need a SG that can shoot.
Barbosa was useful because he's very good at attacking the rim, but also shot a very good 38% from the 3 point line.
A backcourt with Lin and Livingston doesn't work because they both need to handle the ball to be productive.

I see your point but Livingston was successful without the ball in his hands. Actually that's when he made most of his plays during the post season. He played with his back to the basket and made back door cuts for dunks. If a backup PG is signed Livingston can play off ball and cut as well as post up smaller defenders meaning he wouldn't have to dominate the ball.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#12 » by mos_def » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:44 am

I prefer Livingston's role on the team since it can push Curry off. I don't find the point of pushing Livingston off when he shows he has a firm grasp of what his range is.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:54 am

Jay 20 wrote:

I see your point but Livingston was successful without the ball in his hands. Actually that's when he made most of his plays during the post season. He played with his back to the basket and made back door cuts for dunks. If a backup PG is signed Livingston can play off ball and cut as well as post up smaller defenders meaning he wouldn't have to dominate the ball.

The great thing a out Livingston is that you can put a smaller player out there with him who provides shooting. Livingstone ability to guard with Iguodala allows Barbosa to flourish. So another guard on the smaller side doesn't hurt you if he's small for a shooting guard.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Jay 20
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Jay 20 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:21 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Jay 20 wrote:

The great thing a out Livingston is that you can put a smaller player out there with him who provides shooting. Livingstone ability to guard with Iguodala allows Barbosa to flourish. So another guard on the smaller side doesn't hurt you if he's small for a shooting guard.

Agreed. I'm a big Livingston fan for this team and like I said he doesn't have to handle the ball to be productive. One of his better games in the finals was a game Thompson was in foul trouble and Shaun and Steph played in the backcourt a big portion of the game together. (Game 6 I think?)
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#15 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:30 am

I'm sure there are better options
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Jeremy Lin 

Post#16 » by and1GS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:58 am

While a strong defender and facilitator I echo everyone else's thoughts. He just doesn't fit with what we need. We've been blessed with quite a few incredible, naturally gifted playmakers, but need scoring off the bench now. Barbosa, hate him or love him, was always aggressive and looked for his shot. That's valuable in limited minutes.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#17 » by marthafokker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:05 am

Lacob will use Lin to help pay the Luxury tax.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 382

Post#18 » by cladden » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 am

marthafokker wrote:Lacob will use Lin to help pay the Luxury tax.

:-)
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#19 » by turk3d » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:22 am

Would definitely be a great marketing move (oops, I forgot the Warriors are already sold out). Lin gets to come home a rich man and play for the team who originally signed him (I think).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#20 » by likashing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:21 am

turk3d wrote:Would definitely be a great marketing move (oops, I forgot the Warriors are already sold out). Lin gets to come home a rich man and play for the team who originally signed him (I think).

I read somewhere that teams do get to keep sponsorship revenue. Ticketing sale is just part of the game.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.

Return to Golden State Warriors