ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeremy Lin

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Re: Jeremy Lin 

Post#61 » by DreDay » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:04 am

At minimum maybe. Would rather take a flyer on an underappreciated player.
GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#62 » by GSWBlooded93 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:54 am

B-King wrote:I was trying to find the article where Jeremy Lin stated he regretted signing with the Warriors because he felt it was more of a marketing ploy. For a kid this lucky to smack the team that gave him a break is a joke. He isn't talented enough to take back unless you wanted to sign him as a marketing ploy. I would rather just move on then let him eat his words and come back.

I don't think he ever said that at least I think you're misconstruing where it came from because I think I remember something of the sort from his documentary, but it wasn't that HE said that. He said people kept saying that the only reason why he was on the team was because of that, so he sort of went like "Is that why they signed me?" questioning it, basically taking the comments about him to heart.

Found the article that slightly mentions it, but I know for a fact he doesn't REGRET signing with the Warriors due to that fact. This is part of the article where the writer mentions how Lin had to deal with various stereotyping and racism.

Lin knows that his story has so many different threads that, at this point, it's an imprecise experiment for isolating the effect of race upon perceptions of manhood. Still, he's been gathering evidence his whole life: on the kids who invariably demanded to guard "the Asian" on the playground; on the fans who yelled "sweet and sour pork" and "wonton soup" at Georgetown and UConn; on the Ivy League opponent who called him "Chink" on the court; on the basketball observers who argued that Golden State only wanted him as marketing stunt; on the racist comments at the bottom of any video or article about him. Lin doesn't hear everything. But he can't ignore everything.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12561636/inside-jeremy-lin-life-linsanity-new-york-knicks

I know for a fact though that in Jeremy Lin's documentary he mentions he was so glad he could play for the Warriors because he was a fan, but he felt ample pressure being part of the Warriors because he would get ridiculous amounts of applause for being an Asian hometown hero or something close to that. It was more of the pressure that really got to him.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#63 » by Warriorfan » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:16 am

I'm sure Lin will be back on the Warriors after his next contract. Lin is not a great fit too ball dominant. Lin is in his prime he needs to sign a big contract or play in a place for mini mle where he can Stat pad eg clippers because they won't play much D.

Return to Golden State Warriors