No votes

Total votes: 38

Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Re: Western Conference Semi-Finals Thread: Blazers vs Warriors 

Post#101 » by Franc » Mon May 2, 2016 1:53 am

Congratulations!
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#102 » by azwfan » Mon May 2, 2016 1:54 am

Logged in to - well reading some posts - basically just echo what others are saying. I'm not sure if Klay is just having some great games at the right time, or if we're seeing Klay take that next step up. He really looks like an elite first option out there. He may not be able to create with his dribble... but off the ball he is freaking deadly. Hopefully he can keep it up.

The only guys i was yelling at my screen were Barnes and Speights.
Barnes was pretty much the usual crappiness, except he actually hit an open corner 3 which had me surprised. More dumb fouls of course (one of which wasn't really a foul - i don't think he even touched the guy (Lillard, i think). On the good side, he did get on the boards and finally hit an open corner 3. "Give it to Thompson - oh crap, they left Barnes open :( ... OH! He made it!"

Speights' D (at least grouped with the guys he was out there with) was killing us in the 2nd quarter. It didn't look exceptional in the 4th either.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#103 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 2, 2016 1:56 am

The remaining two all stars are pretty damn good!

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#104 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 2, 2016 2:01 am

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:Btw how deep is Ezeli is in Kerr's doghouse? Second straight game where Kerr has gone to AV over Ezeli?

Says it was a matchup issue, but I think it's because he has played so poorly and Andy has played better.

OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#105 » by OptionZero » Mon May 2, 2016 3:13 am

His activity on defense was solid last game he played, but his touch around the rim was terrible. He could be out of shape and out of rhythm after the injury.

That said . . . i don't want AV out there.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#106 » by Quazza » Mon May 2, 2016 3:47 am

Klay with 21 3's in his last 3 games

insane

He has REALLY stepped up since Steph went down. Not going to lie, i'm pleasantly surprised
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,993

Post#107 » by Plossum » Mon May 2, 2016 4:27 am

God Mo was bad. If he's not bombing on offence you just can't play him. Absolute turnstile defending the rim.
#LockUpChuck
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#108 » by Mylie10 » Mon May 2, 2016 4:52 am

Festus suffers from not being a good passer. And the last two teams we have played only really feature one big man each. But Varejao passes the ball and understands the movement better than Festus.

But if we play the Spurs in the next round we will see more depth at the big man spot. Plus Festus is a better big man defender than Varejao so we'll need that more in that series.

Hell Festus might log more time against the Spurs than both Speights and Varejao do.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#109 » by Coxy » Mon May 2, 2016 4:57 am

Klay is fire personified right now.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#110 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon May 2, 2016 6:15 am

Dray and Klay have been awesome since Steph went down.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#111 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Mon May 2, 2016 6:38 am

The one overlook aspect of Klay's game compared to Jimmy Butler and James Harden is that he's willing to play Robin to Curry's Batman. I'm not sure any of those three guys would be the main go to guy on a championship level team (well, Klay, we know for sure), but Klay is aware of his limitations and the importance of team play whereas Butler and Harden need to assert themselves as the man on their respective teams, sometimes to the detriment of their team's chemistry. We never hear rumors about bad blood between Klay and Curry like we do about Harden and Howard or Rose and Butler.

It's something that you don't see in the box score, but you definitely notice if you pay attention to how he carries himself on the court and in interviews. In these last two games, we're put on notice that Klay could put up crazy numbers himself when forced to be the go to guy. It 's a reminder of the sacrifices that some of our players make for winning. Can't say that about a lot of NBA players.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,279

Post#112 » by Impuniti » Mon May 2, 2016 6:54 am

If Klay can keep some of his current form when Curry is back, I don't see any team able to beat them. That would be horrifying for anybody.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 779

Post#113 » by SFrush » Mon May 2, 2016 2:36 pm

azwfan wrote:Logged in to - well reading some posts - basically just echo what others are saying. I'm not sure if Klay is just having some great games at the right time, or if we're seeing Klay take that next step up. He really looks like an elite first option out there. He may not be able to create with his dribble... but off the ball he is freaking deadly. Hopefully he can keep it up.

The only guys i was yelling at my screen were Barnes and Speights.
Barnes was pretty much the usual crappiness, except he actually hit an open corner 3 which had me surprised. More dumb fouls of course (one of which wasn't really a foul - i don't think he even touched the guy (Lillard, i think). On the good side, he did get on the boards and finally hit an open corner 3. "Give it to Thompson - oh crap, they left Barnes open :( ... OH! He made it!"

Speights' D (at least grouped with the guys he was out there with) was killing us in the 2nd quarter. It didn't look exceptional in the 4th either.

One thing is very clear. Ed Davis is really going to hurt us on the glass when Speights is on the floor. I really don't like that matchup.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#114 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 2, 2016 3:25 pm

I like the national ESPN announcers last night, saying Portland needs to run as much as possible...LOL. I guess one reason, I don't know who they were, as I completely tuned them out yesterday.

Portland does like to run, but that just falls right into what the Warriors love and the Warriors are a lot better at that game.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#115 » by old rem » Mon May 2, 2016 5:06 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:Btw how deep is Ezeli is in Kerr's doghouse? Second straight game where Kerr has gone to AV over Ezeli?

Says it was a matchup issue, but I think it's because he has played so poorly and Andy has played better.

Festus has fine TOOLS.. but his skillset,is variable. AV has basic fundamentals and way more experience. Festus can be GREAT..in spurts. He also can fumble,can look confused. Minus Curry....predictable execution was a factor. Minus Curry.. GSW had to do the GSW way, had to EXECUTE, be efficient at all things. So far.. thats gone well.
CENSORED... No comment.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,279

Post#116 » by Impuniti » Mon May 2, 2016 5:21 pm

Ezeli would probably fit playing better vs Spurs and Cavs than Curlyjao, but he needs to pick up his game. His form has dropped down to Barnes' level right now.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#117 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Mon May 2, 2016 5:40 pm

Ezeli was playing more within the flow of the game earlier this year, but he's reverted to black hole/hands of stone Ezeli since his comeback.

I wish the Warriors had more time to evaluate him - the same way they've had this season to evaluate Barnes - before deciding to throw money his way this summer (can he play more than 10-15 minutes a game, can he learn how not to be a ball stopper).
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#118 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 2, 2016 6:15 pm

Impuniti wrote:Ezeli would probably fit playing better vs Spurs and Cavs than Curlyjao, but he needs to pick up his game. His form has dropped down to Barnes' level right now.

Future Lakers?
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#119 » by OptionZero » Mon May 2, 2016 6:15 pm

This might not be a series for Speights. HOU let him play because hey don't really move the ball and their bench is crap. POR has an offensive system with guards getting a **** of screens. Put Speights in space against smaller quicker guys, and . . . yeah you get this.

Ezeli is ideal because he's much better at protecting the rim, but he must be hurt or something. Varejao is not the answer.

POR doesn't have a D12 or DMo-level post-up threat, they have a bunch of screen setters and garbage men. No Meyers Leonard to stretch the floor since he's hurt. I think ONE of Dray or Bogut can anchor the D against POR's bench, so stagger them in the middle of the game and using Barnes/Iggy/Rush at PF.

Unfortunately I think Kerr is going to insist on around 5-10 minutes of LB and AV together and we're just going to accept we're gonna give up about a -10 in that span. Let's pray our starters are so good it doesn't matter.

It would be nice if McAdoo weren't garbage.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,822

Post#120 » by floppymoose » Mon May 2, 2016 6:18 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I like the national ESPN announcers last night, saying Portland needs to run as much as possible...LOL. I guess one reason, I don't know who they were, as I completely tuned them out yesterday.

Portland does like to run, but that just falls right into what the Warriors love and the Warriors are a lot better at that game.

I think they should run too. They have the personnel for it. Even Plumlee led a break and threw a nice ally oop. Harkless and Aminu are athletic finishers. As is Davis. And of course their backcourt is suited to it. They are young and won't wear out.

They should avoid playing against GSW half court defense as much as possible.

Return to Golden State Warriors