ImageImageImageImageImage

How far would GSW go to keep Barnes?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

LakersSquad
Analyst
And1: 132

How far would GSW go to keep Barnes? 

Post#1 » by LakersSquad » Thu May 5, 2016 4:49 am

Would they match a 20 mill per season deal?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Re: How far would GSW go to keep Barnes? 

Post#2 » by watch1958 » Thu May 5, 2016 5:08 am

Probably not. Why would Laker want to pay that?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#3 » by sjballer03 » Thu May 5, 2016 6:48 am

I hope the lakers max out Barnes and Derozan. That would make for a laughable team. Good luck Luke!
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#4 » by NBAfan3024 » Thu May 5, 2016 7:04 am

Not sure who would be foolish enough to pay him that
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#5 » by floppymoose » Thu May 5, 2016 8:17 am

ESPN is suggesting there is Lakers interest in signing Barnes.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#6 » by Coxy » Thu May 5, 2016 8:29 am

LakersSquad wrote:Would they match a 20 mill per season deal?

He's all yours.
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#7 » by tasball » Thu May 5, 2016 8:42 am

I still cannot understand the hate towards this guy?

He is a 22 yo player who had a pr1ck of an injury earlier in the year who is only trying to capitalize in the land of capitalism....

He is a member of a history achieving side who, is a pretty damn good player. I think playing beside 3 All-Stars gets everyone's expectations up on this forum, that he should be an All-Star, hang on Iggy is the 4th.

And no, I would not pay max for him currently. He needs another year on his $5mill to get over injuries etc. and then the market will determine his value.

And if he does go to Lakers then Luke obviously has faith in him - but what would he know?

Give the guy a break ffs.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#8 » by East Bay Sports » Thu May 5, 2016 9:11 am

How far? Maybe the end of the driveway. Definitely not chasing him up the block.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#9 » by turk3d » Thu May 5, 2016 11:19 am

Now that Luke will be the Lakers coach, in terms of his value, it will tell us something if they decide to pursue him. If not, it's an indication that Luke knows something that may not be apparent to most, as he certainly would have the inside information regarding Barnes.

If the Lakers do go after him, and are willing to pay Barnes whatever it takes to sign him, that's an idication that Luke feels he's worth it and has the potential to be something special in this league and I think Luke knows what it takes. I really don't see the Dubs making much of an effort to re-sign him. They took their shot and he turned them down. I expect they're likely to move on at this point.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#10 » by Impuniti » Thu May 5, 2016 12:20 pm

LakersSquad wrote:Would they match a 20 mill per season deal?

If they pay anywhere near that, they need to get fired. You don't make your 7-8th best player on the team the best paid player. That is insane. I would offer Barnes 10m, to raise to 12m over the years and leave it there. If Batum is interested to take a big paycut, offer him 14m if he wants trophies over a few million dollars a year instead and tell Barnes he can stay for vet min. :lol:
BaggageHandler
Junior
And1: 62

Post#11 » by BaggageHandler » Thu May 5, 2016 12:33 pm

tasball wrote:I still cannot understand the hate towards this guy?

He is a 22 yo player who had a pr1ck of an injury earlier in the year who is only trying to capitalize in the land of capitalism....

He is a member of a history achieving side who, is a pretty damn good player. I think playing beside 3 All-Stars gets everyone's expectations up on this forum, that he should be an All-Star, hang on Iggy is the 4th.

And no, I would not pay max for him currently. He needs another year on his $5mill to get over injuries etc. and then the market will determine his value.

And if he does go to Lakers then Luke obviously has faith in him - but what would he know?

Give the guy a break ffs.
He turns 24 in less than a month wtf are you talking about? Get your facts straight first.

I get that he would average more ppg with more touches etc but he is what he is.

Hes just simply not worth 20m you like it or not. Not on this team anyway.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#12 » by old rem » Thu May 5, 2016 1:08 pm

Barnes is no year 2 guy. He's had a starter role, ample minutes. He got about 10 ppg most of the year. To EARN $20 mill (or close to that) he'd be getting at least 15-16 ppg. D and rebounds.. a tad above average. Not a lot of assists. When Curry is out it SHOULD mean Barnes gets more shots but he's not producing. On the floor with bench guys.....it's OTHERS like Barbosa,Speights who step up. In the higher cap.....he may be WORTH $12 mill and GSW may match a BIT more. The $16 mill he (his agent) rejected? I doubt that is even on the table. Even after several seasons....the "potential" tag is,I guess fading. After awhile you have to see PROGRESS. I LIKE him fine.. but in the Cap era.... it's TOXIC to overpay. GSW has experience. They did have to do BAD trades to dump salary. They bought off guys. Remember the Isaiah Thomas Knicks? By far the biggest payroll and NOT at all good. Other teams got bogged down with overpriced mercenaries. You want bang for the buck or....at least a guy who makes impact.

I never got it when some pundits said Barnes would get Max or even $20 mill. Jeez.. then what would you pay Crowder? GSW likes Barnes but has no delusions. I REALLY think....when the dust settles, that extreme bid ain't happening. What (if any) bid Barnes submits will probably be "real world" and something GSW can match.

We shall see.
CENSORED... No comment.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#13 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu May 5, 2016 1:56 pm

I think he is gone, unless he wants to sign for 15mil a season and that is too much IMO. I wonder if the front office would offer him the 16 mil he turned down now? I think he has soured his relationship with the front office and his teammates.

Lakers and Mavericks have been rumored to be interested, let the bidding war begin.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,164

Post#14 » by cpower » Thu May 5, 2016 3:07 pm

10m
....i meant let him go... i dont want him on this team.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#15 » by DLeagueAllStars » Thu May 5, 2016 7:53 pm

He turned down 16 and i wouldnt offer 10, so at this pt its a matter of just renouncing his rights and making an.effort for durant

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#16 » by Warriorfan » Fri May 6, 2016 4:50 pm

Warrior management offered the 16 mil a year which would be in the same range as Thompson Green that shows how much the organization values him.

20 mil is what lesser teams pay. A Batum or Ding DeRosa probably cost in that range.

We have Rush who was vet min who filled in for Barnes well. He just couldn't guard a C like Barnes or rebound as well.
prech
Junior
And1: 65

Post#17 » by prech » Sat May 7, 2016 10:25 am

The reality is the Dubs are essentially already over the cap next season, regardless of whether HB signs or not. If the Dubs repeat as champions after 73 games, odds are Myers & co. will be doing everything possible, including paying Harry B his $20M/yr, to keep this team together.

Unless they lose Bogut, Iggy, Livingston, Mo and/or Festus, there's no room for signing anyone but min salary ring chasers or bench warmers.

If KD doesn't come west, the front office will basically be stuck with Harry by default. S&Ts are incredibly hard (matching salaries and talent, as well as player consent) and I just don't see Myers, Kerr & co. entrusting the starting SF position to a 31 year old BRush. And Iguodala is too old to play 30+ minutes a night at his age. Whatever people may think, Kerr certainly has tons of faith in Harry B, as evidenced by playing him the 4th most minutes these last two seasons.

All this to say, here comes our $20M (actually closer to $22M) man!
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#18 » by East Bay Sports » Sat May 7, 2016 12:49 pm

prech wrote:The reality is the Dubs are essentially already over the cap next season, regardless of whether HB signs or not. If the Dubs repeat as champions after 73 games, odds are Myers & co. will be doing everything possible, including paying Harry B his $20M/yr, to keep this team together.

Unless they lose Bogut, Iggy, Livingston, Mo and/or Festus, there's no room for signing anyone but min salary ring chasers or bench warmers.

If KD doesn't come west, the front office will basically be stuck with Harry by default. S&Ts are incredibly hard (matching salaries and talent, as well as player consent) and I just don't see Myers, Kerr & co. entrusting the starting SF position to a 31 year old BRush. And Iguodala is too old to play 30+ minutes a night at his age. Whatever people may think, Kerr certainly has tons of faith in Harry B, as evidenced by playing him the 4th most minutes these last two seasons.

All this to say, here comes our $20M (actually closer to $22M) man!

The cap is going up by over 20 million.
Nbafanatic
Pro Prospect
And1: 214

Post#19 » by Nbafanatic » Sat May 7, 2016 4:18 pm

I think Barnes does an underrated job for you, guys, when it comes to play the power forward position when Green rests and on those death ball lineups variations with Green at center. With the new cap, I think 16 million per year, for everything he brings to the team in terms of versatility, it's fair, we gotta keep in mind that the cap will increase even more 2 years from now. I thing GS will be willing to do a slightly overpay at 18 million or around it. Only if the market demands something north of 20 million I think the Warriors should not resign him, then.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#20 » by Mylie10 » Sat May 7, 2016 9:14 pm

Nbafanatic wrote:I think Barnes does an underrated job for you, guys, when it comes to play the power forward position when Green rests and on those death ball lineups variations with Green at center. With the new cap, I think 16 million per year, for everything he brings to the team in terms of versatility, it's fair, we gotta keep in mind that the cap will increase even more 2 years from now. I thing GS will be willing to do a slightly overpay at 18 million or around it. Only if the market demands something north of 20 million I think the Warriors should not resign him, then.

The Warriors already offered him 16 mil, which his agent turned down. He's not taking 16 mil.

What will be interesting to see is how much more, if any, the Warriors are willing to go.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors