ImageImageImageImageImage

Western Conference Finals: How to beat the Thunder?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Western Conference Finals: How to beat the Thunder? 

Post#21 » by Mylie10 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:22 am

If Barnes averages 30 points per game, I like our chances.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#22 » by DreDay » Mon May 16, 2016 4:30 am

Mylie10 wrote:If Barnes averages 30 points per game, I like our chances.

We'd get swept if Barnes takes enough shots to average 30 a game.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#23 » by Coxy » Mon May 16, 2016 4:47 am

DreDay wrote:

If Barnes averages 30 ppg, that probably means that Curry, Klay, Green, Iggy and Speights are all out due to chronic hemorrhoids.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#24 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon May 16, 2016 4:56 am

Play the A game defense for longer than the Warriors normally play their top defense and hope the Thunder offense gets frustrated and cracks up mentally.

Defense leads to easy offense.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#25 » by kaiballz » Mon May 16, 2016 9:41 am

Coxy wrote:
DreDay wrote:

If Barnes averages 30 ppg, that probably means that Curry, Klay, Green, Iggy and Speights are all out due to chronic hemorrhoids.

or, he could be taking maybe 50% more than his usual amount because he got hot (and the team always feeds the hot hand), and just became insanely efficient.

i like to stay optimistic. anything could happen over such a short time span.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,900

Post#26 » by Plossum » Mon May 16, 2016 10:15 am

Attack them on the perimeter if they want to go big.

Go under screens on WB and pack the paint. KD's their only reliable shooter so make them shoot from deep. Keep Kanter off the boards.
#LockUpChuck
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#27 » by Impuniti » Mon May 16, 2016 12:40 pm

P&Rs have to be used so much and effectively, that they have to be forced to bench one of Kanter or Adams. I'm expecting them to stay otherwise, so we need spam P&R over and over again.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#28 » by old rem » Mon May 16, 2016 12:46 pm

We DO need some others to step up,aside from the big 3. That might be Barnes or Iggy, might be Mo or Barbosa. We can D....and we pretty much know who's the threat. Durant? Can't shut him down but we want to make him work. Good defense is about making him less efficient.

Rebounding? In 2016 the floor is spread more,yet boxing out.. while often a good tactic, ain't what it was. When I was a youngster.. being 5-8 I'd look to box out the best big on the other side.. but.. I also worked at anticipating where the ball would go if/when the shot missed. If I was THERE.... that's where to be.. not boxing out a guy nowhere near. Recently I saw an interview with Jerry Lucas..a great rebounder. He'd practice missing shots to better see the geometry behind a rebound. Asked about boxing out.....Lucas said sometimes you do.. but MOSTLY.. his job is get the ball. Get the ball is the priority.20 yr ago the paint area was more crowded... things are spread more, you less likely see 6 guys in the paint area....and a missed 3 can be a long rebound.

ANYHOW..... Rebounds are about WANT it more. If you focus too much on every other thing...lack of rebounds can sneak up and kill you.
CENSORED... No comment.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#29 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Iguodala will step up but his contributions aren't always on the offensive end as well. You can count on him on the defensive end.

What I want to see is a amped up Harrison Barnes, who scores 15 points and gathers 8 rebounds. I think if he does that, we win, as long as everyone puts up their typical numbers. I don't expect it, but it would be a huge boost to a team that struggles to find another scorer besides the big 3.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#30 » by Impuniti » Mon May 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Iguodala will step up but his contributions aren't always on the offensive end as well. You can count on him on the defensive end.

What I want to see is a amped up Harrison Barnes, who scores 15 points and gathers 8 rebounds. I think if he does that, we win, as long as everyone puts up their typical numbers. I don't expect it, but it would be a huge boost to a team that struggles to find another scorer besides the big 3.

He doesn't really need to score 15 IMO. If he can grab 3-4 more boards per game and offer a solid game defensively, he will have done a great job. That sounds possibly unrealistic due to how amazing OKC are in regards to rebounds, but people need to step up in that department, Bogs & Barnes (and Ezeli?) especially.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#31 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:Iguodala will step up but his contributions aren't always on the offensive end as well. You can count on him on the defensive end.

He doesn't really need to score 15 IMO. If he can grab 3-4 more boards per game and offer a solid game defensively, he will have done a great job. That sounds possibly unrealistic due to how amazing OKC are in regards to rebounds, but people need to step up in that department, Bogs & Barnes (and Ezeli?) especially.

We have won all season with his inconsistency, if he could just step up. Three or more rebounds a game would be great. I will take anything he can give us on the positive side. Would love to see Playoff Barnes.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,164

Post#32 » by cpower » Mon May 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Make Durant handle the ball and make decisions
Make Westbrook shoot the jumpers
Make them play small
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#33 » by kaiballz » Mon May 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Make Westbrook shoot the jumpers
done
:lol:
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#34 » by Kuya » Tue May 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Less Draymond hero ball
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#35 » by Phase 3 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:11 pm

As Bill Romanowski would say, get Curry in a hyperbaric chamber lol
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#36 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Remember when the Warriors used to be an elite defensive team that loved to move the ball?
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#37 » by Phase 3 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:30 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Remember when the Warriors used to be an elite defensive team that loved to move the ball?

It's tough to be as good as possible defensively when your rim protectors are unplayable at times because they give you nothing on offense. That's obviously not the entire story defensively but it's a huge factor IMO. Kerr is forced to play small way more than he should have to.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#38 » by East Bay Sports » Tue May 17, 2016 3:45 pm

You guys are all over the place with your game 1 takes.

"Draymond hero ball"- sorry. if Draymond has Enes Kanter on him he can, should and will punish it. He had at least 2-3 easy buckets on blow bys against Kanter.

"Bogut gives nothing offensively" Bogut had 3 assists in 17 minutes. Bogut not being a scoring threat isn't new. He needs to play. We looked much better on both ends with him in the fold as opposed to without him when we fell apart. His defense, rebounding, screening, passing... leave him in the game Steve. If this wasn't injury related I hated the 2nd half rotations.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#39 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:49 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:You guys are all over the place with your game 1 takes.

"Draymond hero ball"- sorry. if Draymond has Enes Kanter on him he can, should and will punish it. He had at least 2-3 easy buckets on blow bys against Kanter.

"Bogut gives nothing offensively" Bogut had 3 assists in 17 minutes. Bogut not being a scoring threat isn't new. He needs to play. We looked much better on both ends with him in the fold as opposed to without him when we fell apart. His defense, rebounding, screening, passing... leave him in the game Steve. If this wasn't injury related I hated the 2nd half rotations.

I agree, you attack Kanter when you have the chance, but at the same time you should also get Curry the ball. Set a pick and let him attack Kanter. We need the ball in the hands of our best player. Outside of the last few desperation chucks I felt like he didn't even touch the ball in the 4th quarter.

If it means Curry & Thompson getting less looks I'm willing to be that OKC is OK with Green shooting 50% on Kanter.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#40 » by East Bay Sports » Tue May 17, 2016 3:58 pm

No doubt Steph didn't have the ball in his hands enough down the stretch. That is an independent problem from Draymond punishing Kanter though. I don't think he was 50% against Kanter at all. I can't recall him failing to score against him, frankly. He struggled with Dion Waiters somehow though, like badly.

In the 2Q when Kanter came in almost every bucket we were getting he was responsible for. If he is on the floor attack him relentlessly

edit: Remember in the 3rd quarter when Kanter switched onto Steph and Steph crossed him and then passed to Dray for some reason (who shot an ill advised 3 on Durant right away?)

That is on Curry. Nobody can make him be more aggressive, he just has to be.

Return to Golden State Warriors