ImageImageImageImageImage

Dubs Offseason Moves (Free Agency & Trades)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Dubs Offseason Moves (Free Agency & Trades) 

Post#241 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:47 am

Let's say we got Durant and had to give up Bogut. We have the following;

Curry, Livingston
Klay, McCaw
Durant, Iguodala
Green, Looney (who may not play) and or Carter (who needs to impress and get a contract)
?, ?, ?

First I look at minimum guys, (now of course these guys may not take minimums but)

MINIMUM ADDS;

Dwayne Dedmon C - athletic big man who was once a Warrior briefly and latched on to Orlando. Would be a nice short term long athletic big man for us.

Jon Leuer PF - Versatile player who is very skilled. Played good minutes for Phoenix and can stretch the floor at pf. He can play some small forward too. Good three point shooter and smart rebounder.

Dwight Powell C - Not you prototypical center and could easily be labeled a power forward, but for us a center. Really smart cerebral bring your lunch pail guy. Predicting a solid plus minus guy.

Tyler Johson PG - athletic scoring guard who has great handles. Good passer, and can really get to the bucket. Very underrated at this point, but could break out with a bigger role. Also a local guy.

That's four guys who could help provide depth and be a part of our bench rotation. Not sit down at the end of the bench guys.

VETERAN MINIMUM ADDS; (mind you, this is my hope, as far as them being willing to take the minimum for us)

Nowitzki - Pipe dream I know, but would play 4/5 for us depending on Draymond being in the game.

Pau Gasol - Potential awesome fit as a center for us. Rebounds, blocks shots, scores in the post and mid range backups. Also hits an occasional three. Really smart passer. To perfect a fit.

Luis Scola - Basically a poor man's Gasol. Does all the things Gasol does. Good screen setter and good passer. Good fit.

Davis West - would have to be minimum, but he could still provide depth where we need it. Probably looking for a bigger role than he had last year with the Spurs. He could also be trying to get back some of that money he left in Indiana for one last contract. So not sure what he wants.

Matt Barnes - seems like this one's a done deal already. I just feel like it's bound to happen. And for the price, the value is really good.

Kevin Martin - I know many hate his game, but there is little doubt that for the minimum he would put up solid numbers and help our bench score by getting to the line frequently. No defense, but Ron Adams got Barbosato play decent team defense, maybe he can get Martin to as well.

Kirk Hinrich - Hinrich has fallen off a cliff, but in a minimum back up role you would have a savvy vet who can run a team. Also used to be a good defender and friend of Adams, so it could work.

Leandro Barbosa - I think this will be a no Brainer after the dust settles. Many scratched their heads why Bisa didn't play more in the Finals, because he was the lone consistent scorer.

2.9 mil MLE ADDS;
Again, who knows who's willing to accept to play for a title chance, but here goes.

Pau Gasol - 2.9 is better than the vet. min. and obviously he's worth that tiny number.

Jared Dudley - No way he takes this unless he really wants to ring chase.

Joakim Noah - while I believe the Wizard Offers were fake, I still think some team is gonna throw to much at him, for him to turn it down. Great fit if we lose Bogut though.

Scola - 2.9 is fair if not the min.

Darrell Arthur - Not sure if I want to pay him this be a use its our only offensive the minimum. But as a last resort sure.

Terrance Jones- most likely gets a bigger offer, but versatile.

Eric Gordon - Doubt he would sign for this, but it would be a nice pickup at that cost. Would add to the backcourt depth.

Jeremy Lin - he should get a bigger offer, but would be really good for the bench. Could start if Steph missed time.

Afflalo, Gerald Henderson, Jordan Hill, Hibbert are other guys to look at, depending on what goes down.

Curry, Livingston, Tyler Johnson
Klay, Kevin Martin, McCaw
Durant, Matt Barnes
Green, Jon Leuer, Looney, Carter
Pau Gasol, Dwayne Dedmon, Damian Jones

Jones in the d league. McCaw and Carter take turns on d league and dressing for games.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKYmU_YkT88[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeM_d6ak1Js[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqkRUhgjefY[/youtube]
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#242 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:09 am

I'm guessing that if the Warriors end up with Durant and have to fill out the roster with low-priced guys, they'll also look to pull a couple of guys (e.g. Udoh) who've been playing in Europe or Asia most recently. Some of those guys will want to come back over for the opportunity to get back in the league here.....

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#243 » by mos_def » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:19 am

Mylie10 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Kirk Hinrich - Hinrich has fallen off a cliff, but in a minimum back up role you would have a savvy vet who can run a team. Also used to be a good defender and friend of Adams, so it could work.

Darrell Arthur - Not sure if I want to pay him this be a use its our only offensive the minimum. But as a last resort sure.

I don't know how he did last year from a physical standpoint, but Hinrich was a good defender

Arthur fits the GS mold but I think he has stated he wants to go back to DEN

Ill ask all 3 of you, do you think the FO would do a Klay for DMC? Would you?
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#244 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:23 am

mos_def wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:

I don't know how he did last year from a physical standpoint, but Hinrich was a good defender

Arthur fits the GS mold but I think he has stated he wants to go back to DEN

Ill ask all 3 of you, do you think the FO would do a Klay for DMC? Would you?

No....I would not include Klay in any deal for Cousins. To risky.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#245 » by FNQ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:19 am

TylerTurban wrote:
mos_def wrote:
TylerTurban wrote:Isn't Ranadive enamored with Klay? That's who he'd want in return.

Ill ask this, if it was supposedly Klay and Draymond for Kevin Love and the Kings asked for Klay and Bogut/Barnes for Cousins, do you think the FO would do that? Would you do that?

Yes...I'd do that all day. Cousins for Bogut/Klay. I'd ask them to throw in Malachi Richardson, and then sign Courtney Lee and Nicolas Batum.

Steph
Lee
Batum
Draymond
Cousins

with Iggy, Livingston, Barbosa, McCaw, Jones, Looney etc. off the bench.

There'd be an adjustment period...but that's a monster team IMO.

So we'd trade away the best SG in the league to give us the most mentally unstable frontcourt in the league.. what could go wrong?

The best part of the W's FO is that they don't do too much. Add a vet here, shuffle the small pieces around.. but they don't go blowing the team up, even when we lost in the 2nd and 1st rounds respectively. They sure as hell wont do it when we lost in the Finals by one possession.

But FWIW, I wouldnt S&T Barnes for Cousins unless we were shipping him out for value. This ain't 2K. There's a reason his teams don't win, and its not just that his teammates suck.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#246 » by azwfan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:21 am

Mylie10 wrote:Let's say we got Durant and had to give up Bogut. We have the following;

Curry, Livingston
Klay, McCaw
Durant, Iguodala
Green, Looney (who may not play) and or Carter (who needs to impress and get a contract)
?, ?, ?

First I look at minimum guys, (now of course these guys may not take minimums but)

MINIMUM ADDS;

Dwayne Dedmon C - athletic big man who was once a Warrior briefly and latched on to Orlando. Would be a nice short term long athletic big man for us.

Jon Leuer PF - Versatile player who is very skilled. Played good minutes for Phoenix and can stretch the floor at pf. He can play some small forward too. Good three point shooter and smart rebounder.

Dwight Powell C - Not you prototypical center and could easily be labeled a power forward, but for us a center. Really smart cerebral bring your lunch pail guy. Predicting a solid plus minus guy.

Tyler Johson PG - athletic scoring guard who has great handles. Good passer, and can really get to the bucket. Very underrated at this point, but could break out with a bigger role. Also a local guy.

That's four guys who could help provide depth and be a part of our bench rotation. Not sit down at the end of the bench guys.

VETERAN MINIMUM ADDS; (mind you, this is my hope, as far as them being willing to take the minimum for us)

Nowitzki - Pipe dream I know, but would play 4/5 for us depending on Draymond being in the game.

Pau Gasol - Potential awesome fit as a center for us. Rebounds, blocks shots, scores in the post and mid range backups. Also hits an occasional three. Really smart passer. To perfect a fit.

Luis Scola - Basically a poor man's Gasol. Does all the things Gasol does. Good screen setter and good passer. Good fit.

Davis West - would have to be minimum, but he could still provide depth where we need it. Probably looking for a bigger role than he had last year with the Spurs. He could also be trying to get back some of that money he left in Indiana for one last contract. So not sure what he wants.

Matt Barnes - seems like this one's a done deal already. I just feel like it's bound to happen. And for the price, the value is really good.

Kevin Martin - I know many hate his game, but there is little doubt that for the minimum he would put up solid numbers and help our bench score by getting to the line frequently. No defense, but Ron Adams got Barbosato play decent team defense, maybe he can get Martin to as well.

Leandro Barbosa - I think this will be a no Brainer after the dust settles. Many scratched their heads why Bisa didn't play more in the Finals, because he was the lone consistent scorer.

2.9 mil MLE ADDS;
Again, who knows who's willing to accept to play for a title chance, but here goes.

Pau Gasol - 2.9 is better than the vet. min. and obviously he's worth that tiny number.

Jared Dudley - No way he takes this unless he really wants to ring chase.

Joakim Noah - while I believe the Wizard Offers were fake, I still think some team is gonna throw to much at him, for him to turn it down. Great fit if we lose Bogut though.

Scola - 2.9 is fair if not the min.

Terrance Jones- most likely gets a bigger offer, but versatile.

Eric Gordon - Doubt he would sign for this, but it would be a nice pickup at that cost. Would add to the backcourt depth.

Jeremy Lin - he should get a bigger offer, but would be really good for the bench. Could start if Steph missed time.

Afflalo, Gerald Henderson, Jordan Hill, Hibbert are other guys to look at, depending on what goes down.

Curry, Livingston, Tyler Johnson
Klay, Kevin Martin, McCaw
Durant, Matt Barnes
Green, Jon Leuer, Looney, Carter
Pau Gasol, Dwayne Dedmon, Damian Jones

Jones in the d league. McCaw and Carter take turns on d league and dressing for games.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKYmU_YkT88[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeM_d6ak1Js[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqkRUhgjefY[/youtube]

In your excitement to fill out the roster you forgot Iguodala in the final look. haha

At any rate, I'd like to add the following to what you said.

Zaza Pachulia. Like a lot of the guys, no idea if he would take the space exception but if he did, he'd probably be my preference for that slot after Gasol.

Brandon Bass. Not especially great at anything, but he can play some 4/5 for us and he's got playoff experience. I can't imagine he's got a huge market out there so my thinking is that the minimum would not be too much of a stretch for him.

I have to think both Dedmon and Leuer could get more than the minimum elsewhere and since neither has made a ton of money i wouldn't put them in as minimum guys. (of course, like you i am just guessing) I would be willing to pay Dedmon the tax payers exception if we couldn't get a starting quality vet center to take that deal.

Here's my roster:

Curry / Livingston / Hinrich
Thompson / Barbosa / McCaw
Durant / Iguodala
Green / Carter Jr. / Looney / Baby J
Pachulia / Bass / Jones

Edit: Oh yeah
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDefTdwIx0[/youtube]
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
mos_def
Sixth Man

Post#247 » by mos_def » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:59 am

FNQ wrote:
TylerTurban wrote:
mos_def wrote:
Ill ask this, if it was supposedly Klay and Draymond for Kevin Love and the Kings asked for Klay and Bogut/Barnes for Cousins, do you think the FO would do that? Would you do that?

Yes...I'd do that all day. Cousins for Bogut/Klay. I'd ask them to throw in Malachi Richardson, and then sign Courtney Lee and Nicolas Batum.

Steph
Lee
Batum
Draymond
Cousins

with Iggy, Livingston, Barbosa, McCaw, Jones, Looney etc. off the bench.

There'd be an adjustment period...but that's a monster team IMO.

So we'd trade away the best SG in the league to give us the most mentally unstable frontcourt in the league.. what could go wrong?

The best part of the W's FO is that they don't do too much. Add a vet here, shuffle the small pieces around.. but they don't go blowing the team up, even when we lost in the 2nd and 1st rounds respectively. They sure as hell wont do it when we lost in the Finals by one possession.

But FWIW, I wouldnt S&T Barnes for Cousins unless we were shipping him out for value. This ain't 2K. [url]There's a reason his teams don't win, and its not just that his teammates suck[/url].

His teammates do really suck though, lol. Cousins could arguably the best Center in the NBA that why did SAC acquire 5 7footers after they had DMC.
Kev_Warrior
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#248 » by Kev_Warrior » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:04 pm

I would keep my eyes on Nerlens Noel, talented young center. Maybe we could get him, if we S&T Harry B.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#249 » by Commodor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Kev_Warrior wrote:I would keep my eyes on Nerlens Noel, talented young center. Maybe we could get him, if we S&T Harry B.

Bleacher Report has an article by a 6er fan proposing Noel for Livingston. Thoughts?
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#250 » by kaiballz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:22 pm

ivang101 wrote:
Kev_Warrior wrote:I would keep my eyes on Nerlens Noel, talented young center. Maybe we could get him, if we S&T Harry B.

Bleacher Report has an article by a 6er fan proposing Noel for Livingston. Thoughts?

that would be a no brainer. but no way we can get noel for shaun.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#251 » by Commodor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:27 pm

kaiballz wrote:
ivang101 wrote:

Whiel I agree with you Philly.com isnt so sure. They even go as far as to say Noel and the lakers pick :o

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Hayes-Noel-Shaun-Livingston-is-worth-.html
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#252 » by kaiballz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:30 pm

ivang101 wrote:
kaiballz wrote:
ivang101 wrote:

Whiel I agree with you Philly.com isnt so sure. They even go as far as to say Noel and the lakers pick :o

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Hayes-Noel-Shaun-Livingston-is-worth-.html

i love that article. hope it happens. we would be getting the biggest steal of the season and a future centre of our franchise for our backup point guard.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#253 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Terrance Jones did not get the QO from Houston. He could be a potentially cheap Barnes fill in. Not sure what the market will pay him, but worth keeping an eye on.
Khoee wrote “
mos_def
Sixth Man

Post#254 » by mos_def » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Terrance Jones did not get the QO from Houston. He could be a potentially cheap Barnes fill in. Not sure what the market will pay him, but worth keeping an eye on.

I think Terrence Jones would be a target for GS but not at SF. Dude cant hit 3s or FTs. He is more of a stretch 4
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#255 » by marthafokker » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:24 pm

mos_def wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Terrance Jones did not get the QO from Houston. He could be a potentially cheap Barnes fill in. Not sure what the market will pay him, but worth keeping an eye on.

I think Terrence Jones would be a target for GS but not at SF. Dude cant hit 3s or FTs. He is more of a stretch 4

Well, TJ is like Barnes then. Barnes could not drain 3s or FTs in the playoff. Perfect cheap replacement then. :lol:
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#256 » by Quazza » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:27 pm

He had a really bad year but wasn't used correctly at all. Gets some baffling injuries too (I think 2 detached retina )

Definitely has talent though
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#257 » by RichmondWarrior » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Yea I doubt we get KD now since that report came out from 2 different sources....lost the faith I had in Barnes the last 4 games of the finals (gotta admit I was a Barnes backer....even wanted him over Drummond in the draft) and Ezeli isn't coming back since we drafted his replacement.

Hope we start looking at some other options since we're most likely to swing and miss on the KD sweepstakes...should start contacting Gasol, Ryan Anderson and Chandler Parsons.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#258 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Interesting....Warriors are not rumored to be after anyone other than Durant. I wonder if that means he's a lock? I would have thought Whiteside....Hortford...Batum....but it feels like Warriors are going ALL IN on Durant.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
mos_def
Sixth Man

Post#259 » by mos_def » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:04 pm

where is this small growing fandom of Ryan Anderson coming from?
mos_def
Sixth Man

Post#260 » by mos_def » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Interesting....Warriors are not rumored to be after anyone other than Durant. I wonder if that means he's a lock? I would have thought Whiteside....Hortford...Batum....but it feels like Warriors are going ALL IN on Durant.

what sites are you not reading? I think we are linked to every FA

Return to Golden State Warriors