ImageImageImageImageImage

Watch Klay get animated about the ESPN article!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Watch Klay get animated about the ESPN article! 

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:35 pm

He starts off his sit down with being irked about a flat tire on the way to shoot around. Then Roz asks him about finding his voice in the league, then she jumps into the espn article from Ethan Strauss. Klay gets pissed about the "Cowards" quote by an unnamed NBA executive.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/video/warriors-talk-klay-20161021

So those who say all of the players like Strauss are a bit off. Not everybody is cool with him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Watch Klay get animated about the ESPN article! 

Post#2 » by Little Digger » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Strauss could have easily pulled a "Kamakazi" and just pretended he had a source. Works well for the Timmer.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,255

Post#3 » by wco81 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Yeah but the key is that it was supposedly someone on the team who said it.

And "cowards" is a euphemism, supposedly the word used was more harsh.

What a stupid thing to say. That's a good way to alienate players who put it all out there. Klay didn't play well in the Finals but if it wasn't for him, they wouldn't have reached the Finals.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#4 » by Money_ » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:26 pm

the word is what Trump said he could grab anytime he wanted.... or another name for your everyday house cat....

I thought they said someone in the organization said that, not a player?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,255

Post#5 » by wco81 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Yeah it sounded like it.

It would be inexcusable if even Lacob said it.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#6 » by Impuniti » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:43 am

I thought Strauss said anyone in the league? It was an GS exec? Are you guys certain of this, that's a huge difference if so.. and a possible problem if the word ever gets out who it is.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#7 » by azwfan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:14 am

Dunno about that but i got to see the Festus tribute (and later searched for and found the Mo Buckets one) from the link. I love how we do something so simple for our former players. Is this something that is typically done throughout the league? It seems unique to GSW. Looks like the players appreciate it also.

Oh yeah, and from his interviews to the "**** it, i'm shooting" play on the court... gotta love Klay.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#8 » by DreDay » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:31 am

azwfan wrote:Dunno about that but i got to see the Festus tribute (and later searched for and found the Mo Buckets one) from the link. I love how we do something so simple for our former players. Is this something that is typically done throughout the league? It seems unique to GSW. Looks like the players appreciate it also.

I think we're the only ones to do it for dudes like Mo and Ezeli, others do it for stars like Paul Pierce. It's really great, no matter what we think of them as players they were part of reviving Warriors basketball with a championship here and they deserve to be appreciated for that.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#9 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:02 am

Curry out there backing up Draymond about the article that got Klay so animated. Love to see the guys sticking up for each other, because honestly not all teams do this for each other.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#10 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:10 am

Mylie10 wrote:Curry out there backing up Draymond about the article that got Klay so animated. Love to see the guys sticking up for each other, because honestly not all teams do this for each other.

This is one of the strongest instances of Steph showing leadership. He's not really that sort of guy, seems more playful and easy going than the stern leadership type but he made sure everyone knows he's got Dray's back. Smart comments too. It's a reminder that these guys relationships are bigger than just what happens on the court. They've each got personal relationships with each other. It doesn't surprise me that Dray and Klay have it out because they have such different personalities but it strikes me that the professional respect these two dudes have for each other is very strong. It seems like Dray's always intense but since Klay just let's everything slide their personalities can actually mesh.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
jucje32
Freshman
And1: 42

Post#11 » by jucje32 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:21 am

FWIW, I saw Draymond hanging out with Klay at the club all night during the summer. They're fine.

Return to Golden State Warriors