Post#1 » by DIO » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:12 am

Read on Twitter

Is it becoming a concern??
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,613

Re: Green vs Durant again 

Post#2 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:26 am

Nah.....they cool. Just in game stuff. No worries.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#3 » by Quazza » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:42 am

Think they are pretty tight

I'm probably reading too much into things, but notice when Mcgee was handing out blankets , everyone was sitting by themselves?

KD and Draymond weren't, they were right next to each other
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,708

Post#4 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:48 am

I don't see the big deal honestly.

That's how Green is. He's vocal. I wish he called out players more. That's how you get better as a team.

I love how this team communicates. Green doesn't bottle it in, he lets KD know and as a result it helps the team.

I see people on the General Board look at it as a sign of bad chemistry, but to me it shows transparency and the comfort to call each other out. No mitigated speech.

And despite Draymond lashing out, I bet he knows his limits in what he's saying. To me it looks like he's telling KD what he should be doing, instead of saying something extremely personal. These are grown men, they're not going to cry over basketball talk.

This only makes KD better as opposed to him getting away with mistakes. This team learns from their mistakes which is why they are elite. And this type of communication is something I bet KD loves. He gets held responsible and it gets him fired up next time around. You never saw that in OKC which is why he left. It's that type of tough love and it's no surprise you see Draymond and KD hanging out all the time, even sitting next to each other on team flights.

And the scary part? The Warriors are DOMINATING.

The Warriors could very well win 70 games this year and win the championship and they wouldn't even be at their best yet. KD is still learning, and even guys like Steph, Klay and Draymond are getting better as they're all entering their primes.
#DubNation
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,667

Post#5 » by Coxy » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:22 am

2 bulldogs rumbling it out. Whatever.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#6 » by likashing » Mon Feb 6, 2017 5:58 am

Hmm nope. They sit next to each other on the team plane despite the first *incident*. I'd feel pretty cramped sitting next to a 6-8 250 dude if I were a 7-footer myself and would want my own space.

Reports that they are pretty close is probably true... some wierd manly bond they have.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I'm sure that's not what those who don't follow the Warriors expect to find out after watching the Draymond KD clip on ESPN/YouTube *after* the Kings game when it was *over*
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:27 am

What stands out, is that KD barks back. When Draymond calls out the other dudes on the team, they just nod or go about their business....KD's an Alpha Dog too, and that's what Alphas do.

If any of you have ever played high level sports this stuff happen s all the time. Especially with the best of friends. It's a competitive world they live in and emotions are high. But when it's done it's usually done. You go to a strip club or play video games. No big.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,846

Post#8 » by floppymoose » Mon Feb 6, 2017 8:35 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:That's how Green is. He's vocal. I wish he called out players more. That's how you get better as a team.

If you are *right* it can work. If you start calling out people and you are wrong, they tune you out. And it can go downhill from there.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,314

Post#9 » by Impuniti » Mon Feb 6, 2017 1:14 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:I don't see the big deal honestly.

That's how Green is. He's vocal. I wish he called out players more. That's how you get better as a team.

I love how this team communicates. Green doesn't bottle it in, he lets KD know and as a result it helps the team.

I see people on the General Board look at it as a sign of bad chemistry, but to me it shows transparency and the comfort to call each other out. No mitigated speech.

And despite Draymond lashing out, I bet he knows his limits in what he's saying. To me it looks like he's telling KD what he should be doing, instead of saying something extremely personal. These are grown men, they're not going to cry over basketball talk.

This only makes KD better as opposed to him getting away with mistakes. This team learns from their mistakes which is why they are elite. And this type of communication is something I bet KD loves. He gets held responsible and it gets him fired up next time around. You never saw that in OKC which is why he left. It's that type of tough love and it's no surprise you see Draymond and KD hanging out all the time, even sitting next to each other on team flights.

And the scary part? The Warriors are DOMINATING.

The Warriors could very well win 70 games this year and win the championship and they wouldn't even be at their best yet. KD is still learning, and even guys like Steph, Klay and Draymond are getting better as they're all entering their primes.

Being vocal works but you also need to know when to do it. It can also get obnoxious and piss people off, as Speights stated when he had that interview before the season. Several players were getting irritated and his words went on deaf ears. Plus he didn't play as well as he should have until the 4th started.

Klay and KD need to move off the ball when the games get tight. They stay in one spot hoping something happens, a major reason the team is so mediocre in tight games which will happen a lot more come play off time. Steph was constantly moving towards the end despite missing the easy lay up. :banghead:
Nadeem
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#10 » by Nadeem » Mon Feb 6, 2017 3:43 pm

Nothing up with it

When I used to play football (soccer) I used to always argue with my best mate because we were both very vocal. It happens and is a good thing imo because it shows how much they care
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#11 » by Impuniti » Mon Feb 6, 2017 4:39 pm

KD needs to learn how to not play OKC bball essentially, as he's done this in most tight games. KD and Green are bffs anyways, and this is much better that it happens now than in the playoffs.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#12 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:13 pm

If you follow Dray on snapchat you'd know for sure (if you had second thoughts) this is a non story. Media will take anything and run with it these days it's the tmz era we live in.

Honestly it did look bad because the clip ended without seeing what happened next. But like someone above said it's better to work this stuff out now than in the playoffs.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#13 » by FNQ » Mon Feb 6, 2017 9:42 pm

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#14 » by turk3d » Mon Feb 6, 2017 11:59 pm

Durant
25.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 4.8 apg, 53.7% fg%, 36.9 3pt%, 87.5% ft%, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg, 2.3 topg
Green
10.5 ppg 8.4 rpg, 7.4 apg, 43.7% fg%, 31.5% 3pt%, 65.7% ft%, 1.9 spg, 1.5 bpg. 2.4 topg

My only question here is: Who's the one who really should be called out?

If you go by this entire season so far, you'd have to say that KD has been our most valuable player (although you'd have to say that Steph as been as of late) and it certainly hasn't been Draymond (especially lately with his poor ft shooting and costly turnovers in addition to some terrible shots he's been taking).

Draymond's still my guy, but he needs to stop calling guys out, particularly when he's been playing rather poorly himself lately, and especially Durant who's won quite a few games so far this season (discounting maybe just 1 or 2).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#15 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:34 am

Settle down Turk. They are friends.
Khoee wrote “
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,157

Post#16 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:40 am

Impuniti wrote:KD needs to learn how to not play OKC bball essentially, as he's done this in most tight games. KD and Green are bffs anyways, and this is much better that it happens now than in the playoffs.

Yup this. I think its just Draymond basically giving KD the crash course on this offense. Its not shocking KD is still making some mistakes on the offense, he is still pretty new to this team. You dont see guys like Zaza getting called out because his role on offense is much more simple and easier for him to mold himself into it. KD needs to learn to still be that superstar guy that can score on anyone off the dribble but still mold it into the team's offense. These guys have seemed pretty close off the court, just seems like two guys getting heated in an in game situation. My most heated arguments when it came to playing a basketball game or hell even a game of beer pong or something came between me and my closest friends. Thats just what happens.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#17 » by turk3d » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:53 am

Mylie10 wrote:Settle down Turk. They are friends.

I'm pissed off at Draymond because he's taking crap shots, playing hero ball (and could get hurt real bad doing so) and seems to have forgot how to hit free throws (how many important ones has he missed lately?) and is turning the ball over way too much as far as I'm concerned (his assists are way also down). So he wants to call "people" out, then he should start by calling himself out (seems to have forgotten how to do that too). So I'm just calling him out. Just because someone might be my favorite player doesn't mean that when I think he's effed up, I'm not going to call him on it, just the way I roll. Dray's the one I think needs to settle down, for his good but must importantly for the good of the team.

Stats two losses:
Against Miami 3 pt loss
Green 3-8 fg, 0-3 3pt, 1-4 ft, 3 reb, 7 ast, 1 stl,1 blk, 7 pts, 2 tos,
Durant 12-23 fg, 1-8 3pt, 2-2 ft, 6 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 0 blk, 27 pts (led team) 2 tos

Against Sacramento 3 pt loss OT
Green 6-15 fg, 3-8 3pt, 1-4 ft, 8 reb, 6 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk, 16 pts, 6 tos,
Durant 2-10 fg, 0-6 3pt, 9 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 5 blk, 10 pts, 3 tos

So who was most responsible for those two losses? I'd say that based on his performance Dray was at least equally responsible. Was that 2nd loss the only time he's outscored KD this entire season? And even so, he shot only 6-15 which to me is really nothing to brag about.

Only 3 rebounds in the Miami game, and 1-4 free throwing in both games (he makes all of them and we're at least tied lol). No one really played too well in the Miami game. Sorry Mylie, but with all due respect I have to say what I think is right. Hopefully this is the end of it and Dray sticks to his own game and he lets Kerr take care of any issues with other players when needed.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#18 » by DIO » Wed Feb 8, 2017 7:21 am

Draymond Green purposely tried to rile up, motivate Kevin Durant
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18640894/draymond-green-intentionally-riled-golden-state-warriors-teammate-kevin-durant

Sources told ESPN that Green, trying to use reverse psychology,
intentionally and aggressively approached Durant with a bevy of choice words
during a break in Saturday's loss to the Sacramento Kings.
"F--- you" obscenities were repeatedly tossed back and forth by both players,
sources told ESPN. Durant was enraged. Sources said Green, knowing he had accomplished his goal,
began winking and smiling at some of his teammates and coaching staff.

Sources told ESPN that Green and Durant watched Super Bowl LI together Sunday.

:wink:
turk3d
RealGM

Post#19 » by turk3d » Wed Feb 8, 2017 1:15 pm

DIO wrote:Draymond Green purposely tried to rile up, motivate Kevin Durant
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18640894/draymond-green-intentionally-riled-golden-state-warriors-teammate-kevin-durant

sources told ESPN. Durant was enraged. Sources said Green, knowing he had accomplished his goal,

I guess it didn't work so well. They lost didn't they? I hope they work it out (sounds like they may have which is good). I just don't like seeing that on the court. No reason that they shouldn't be working on things like this in practice, not in front of millions of people.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#20 » by Impuniti » Wed Feb 8, 2017 2:22 pm

turk3d wrote:
DIO wrote:Draymond Green purposely tried to rile up, motivate Kevin Durant

I guess it didn't work so well. They lost didn't they? I hope they work it out (sounds like they may have which is good). I just don't like seeing that on the court. No reason that they shouldn't be working on things like this in practice, not in front of millions of people.

Have you ever played competitive sports before? It honestly sounds like you never have, because this is common. It could have a negative effect of course, but this isn't some huge concern (for now anyways).

Return to Golden State Warriors