Re: More Free Agent Talk 

Post#1422 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Oct 9, 2023 4:34 am

Lamb off to New Zealand.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Post#1423 » by whatisacenter » Mon Oct 9, 2023 4:44 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Lamb off to New Zealand.

good riddance.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#1424 » by xdrta+ » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:00 pm

Read on Twitter
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#1425 » by WarriorGM » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:48 pm

Pelinka just signs whoever the Warriors pass on.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#1426 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:54 pm

WarriorGM wrote:Pelinka just signs whoever the Warriors pass on.

I don't know that that's necessarily true.

For instance, would Prince have signed with the Warriors for a minimum salary?

Lebron and Klutch have some sway over players willing to sign for a 1-year minimum, to earn a bigger contract later.

For instance, Malik Monk a couple of seasons ago and Lonnie Walker last season.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#1427 » by marthafokker » Wed Nov 1, 2023 11:27 pm

Wonder whom Dubbs would sign come Monday for 14th spot.

I hope they don't just flip poor man's Poole boy.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#1428 » by Warriorfan » Thu Nov 2, 2023 6:39 pm

Danny Green coming to play Iguadalla for a few weeks.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#1429 » by TB » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:25 am

Well would you look at that, Javonte Green is done with knee rehab and played the last 2 Santa Cruz games looking great in limited minutes.

Smart move might be to give him the 14th spot before someone swoops him and keep Lester on the 2way until we give him the 15th towards end of season since he still has 2way games to play.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#1430 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:21 pm

Read on Twitter
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 202

Post#1431 » by BayAreaDub » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:06 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Buyout? Dude hasn’t played in years

* guess he’s in Asia
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Post#1432 » by whatisacenter » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:42 pm

BayAreaDub wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Buyout? Dude hasn’t played in years

* guess he’s in Asia

this seems so random :lol:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#1433 » by killmongrel » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:07 pm

For fun, I took an early look at the free agent list for this summer. I took a look at it with the mindset if we only had the mle and vet minimums to use. Oof.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ufa/?ref=trending-pages

Mason Plumlee, Jonas Valanciunas, Lonnie Walker, Gordon Hayward, Otto Porter Jr., Andre Drummond, Buddy Hield, Goga Bitadze, Doug McDermott, Nicolas Batum, Joe Harris.

Really hope Kuminga takes another level in his progress or Dunleavy makes a big trade in the summer.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#1434 » by xdrta+ » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:54 pm

The Warriors have to fill that 14th spot that Cory Joseph vacated by next Thursday, 2/22. The obvious choice would be Quinones, but they could sign someone else and hold off promoting Q until the end of the season, assuming they make the playoffs and want him with them. The money wouldn't be much different for the Warriors, though it would be for Lester.

They could also sign someone to a 10 day contract and have the same decision 10 days later.

These are veterans who have been bought out or simply waived and are free agents. Anybody like anyone for that spot?

Ryan Arcidiacono, G
Danny Green, G
Joe Harris, F
Danuel House, G/F
Kevin Knox, F
Furkan Korkmaz, G
Robin Lopez, C
Chimezie Metu, C
Frank Ntilikina, G
Ish Smith, G
Juan Toscano-Anderson, G/F
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#1435 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:54 am

Hard to say what they're even looking for. Probably not going to give this player a lot of minutes either way.

Q's main thing seems to be that he can shoot it a little bit.

For that, Harris has more of a track record though he's among the oldest out there.

For instance, JTA will put a lot of effort into defending, knows the system. But Warriors moved on because he was unwilling to shoot and unable to make enough shots.

I have a sneaking suspicions that they will just sign Q as a loyalty thing, reward him, rather than bringing in someone else who might have greater impact.

Hell, they're playing Q ahead of Moody now so they don't seem to be too interested in looking for better options.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#1436 » by watch1958 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:02 pm

wco81 wrote:Hard to say what they're even looking for. Probably not going to give this player a lot of minutes either way.

Q's main thing seems to be that he can shoot it a little bit.

For that, Harris has more of a track record though he's among the oldest out there.

For instance, JTA will put a lot of effort into defending, knows the system. But Warriors moved on because he was unwilling to shoot and unable to make enough shots.

I have a sneaking suspicions that they will just sign Q as a loyalty thing, reward him, rather than bringing in someone else who might have greater impact.

Hell, they're playing Q ahead of Moody now so they don't seem to be too interested in looking for better options.
My guess is that they will want one more guy to put ahead of Moses in the rotation. Right now, a couple of fluke injuries might force them to play Moody. One more scrub would be extra ABM insurance.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
TB
General Manager

Post#1437 » by TB » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:03 pm

xdrta+ wrote:The Warriors have to fill that 14th spot that Cory Joseph vacated by next Thursday, 2/22. The obvious choice would be Quinones, but they could sign someone else and hold off promoting Q until the end of the season, assuming they make the playoffs and want him with them. The money wouldn't be much different for the Warriors, though it would be for Lester.

They could also sign someone to a 10 day contract and have the same decision 10 days later.

These are veterans who have been bought out or simply waived and are free agents. Anybody like anyone for that spot?

Ryan Arcidiacono, G
Danny Green, G
Joe Harris, F
Danuel House, G/F
Kevin Knox, F
Furkan Korkmaz, G
Robin Lopez, C
Chimezie Metu, C
Frank Ntilikina, G
Ish Smith, G

Metu best on that list, but not needed on this team when we have Loon/Trayce/Garuba. He may be better than Garuba but lets be honest, we dont need to sign a center, we need to just have Kerr play the ones we have.

I still like Javonte Green on 10 day deals and an eventual 14th spot if he looks like he's getting back to normal (great signs down in Santa Cruz). Then add Q as the 15th at the end of season.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#1438 » by Onus » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:05 pm

TB wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:The Warriors have to fill that 14th spot that Cory Joseph vacated by next Thursday, 2/22. The obvious choice would be Quinones, but they could sign someone else and hold off promoting Q until the end of the season, assuming they make the playoffs and want him with them. The money wouldn't be much different for the Warriors, though it would be for Lester.

Ryan Arcidiacono, G
Danny Green, G
Joe Harris, F
Danuel House, G/F
Kevin Knox, F
Furkan Korkmaz, G
Robin Lopez, C
Chimezie Metu, C
Frank Ntilikina, G
Ish Smith, G

Metu best on that list, but not needed on this team when we have Loon/Trayce/Garuba. He may be better than Garuba but lets be honest, we dont need to sign a center, we need to just have Kerr play the ones we have.

I still like Javonte Green on 10 day deals and an eventual 14th spot if he looks like he's getting back to normal (great signs down in Santa Cruz). Then add Q as the 15th at the end of season.

How would you feel if they signed Javonte and he took over all of moody and q minutes and some of podz/jk minutes?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
TB
General Manager

Post#1439 » by TB » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:22 pm

Onus wrote:
TB wrote:

Ryan Arcidiacono, G
Danny Green, G
Joe Harris, F
Danuel House, G/F
Kevin Knox, F
Furkan Korkmaz, G
Robin Lopez, C
Chimezie Metu, C
Frank Ntilikina, G
Ish Smith, G

How would you feel if they signed Javonte and he took over all of moody and q minutes and some of podz/jk minutes?

If Javonte is back to his normal self, then I would live with the results because he's been a net positive with a GP2 like boost for teams when he plays. But I suspect he'd just be for deep rotation depth if there are injuries. Maybe instantly take Gui/Lester/Moody minutes if he looks good.

Basically I'd roll with this:

Steph / CP3 / Lester
Podz / GP2 / Moody
Wiggins / Klay / Javonte
Kuminga / Saric / Gui
Dray / Trayce / Loon

And ya, if healthy I could see Javonte being the 11th man ahead of Moody wether he should be or not. But I'd have no problem with him over Lester/Gui or even some defensive stretches over Klay/Saric.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#1440 » by Onus » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:04 pm

TB wrote:
Onus wrote:
TB wrote:

If Javonte is back to his normal self, then I would live with the results because he's been a net positive with a GP2 like boost for teams when he plays. But I suspect he'd just be for deep rotation depth if there are injuries. Maybe instantly take Gui/Lester/Moody minutes if he looks good.

Basically I'd roll with this:

Steph / CP3 / Lester
Podz / GP2 / Moody
Wiggins / Klay / Javonte
Kuminga / Saric / Gui
Dray / Trayce / Loon

And ya, if healthy I could see Javonte being the 11th man ahead of Moody wether he should be or not. But I'd have no problem with him over Lester/Gui or even some defensive stretches over Klay/Saric.

If Javonte is healthy and ready to play a real role I can see him closing over jk.

A curry/podz/green/wigs/green lineup might work. But really is Javonte really bring that much more than moody? We really need moody to break into the rotation
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors