ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,071

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3301 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 pm

Oh I was only looking at guards. White was a good enough shooter in SA save for 1 season, so to be expected that his numbers go up in an offense that gets him more wide open, rhythm looks. If its basically any guard or forward, that's a huge net thats being thrown out there

SS doesnt do direct player comps, thats subjective btw
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,400

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3302 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:03 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Lonzo ball. High risk High reward.

Can he even run?

I'm 10000000% behind things like this typically, but his contract is as-such that it would have to come at the expense of Wiggins or moving CP3 for it. And since he's an expiring, the Bulls only motivation to dump him for CP3 would be that they know he's not coming back this year. Tough situation to navigate and come out on top

That said, still OK with kicking the tires on Ben Simmons. Its a huge risk but it would only be worth it if he had 2 full years left on his contract, and he too is now an expiring. But the logic would be that you rehab him like OPJ - of course would take some luck - and then can sell him off the next season. Since we aren't really pushing for wins now, and because his salary costs too much of our 2nd apron cushion.. the only chance is bringing him in if he's waived. But I absolutely would - thats how you turn min contract/MLE contracts into legitimate draft capital

If derozan re-signs, the bulls will try to compete.
Cp3 could help them now.
Ball is maybe expected to play 5 vs 5 in August/September, so celebrini could work some magic. A big rubio is what I'd like next to steph as he ages.
I'd add jk too if we could pry caruso away.

Wiggins is the other option if the dubs want to just dump the contract and think jk is ready to be the full time SF.

I'm not sure we can go big game hunting with cp3s contract. If nothing becomes available, I'd kick the tires on ball.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#3303 » by Onus » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:Can he even run?

I'm 10000000% behind things like this typically, but his contract is as-such that it would have to come at the expense of Wiggins or moving CP3 for it. And since he's an expiring, the Bulls only motivation to dump him for CP3 would be that they know he's not coming back this year. Tough situation to navigate and come out on top

That said, still OK with kicking the tires on Ben Simmons. Its a huge risk but it would only be worth it if he had 2 full years left on his contract, and he too is now an expiring. But the logic would be that you rehab him like OPJ - of course would take some luck - and then can sell him off the next season. Since we aren't really pushing for wins now, and because his salary costs too much of our 2nd apron cushion.. the only chance is bringing him in if he's waived. But I absolutely would - thats how you turn min contract/MLE contracts into legitimate draft capital

If derozan re-signs, the bulls will try to compete.
Cp3 could help them now.
Ball is maybe expected to play 5 vs 5 in August/September, so celebrini could work some magic. A big rubio is what I'd like next to steph as he ages.
I'd add jk too if we could pry caruso away.

Wiggins is the other option if the dubs want to just dump the contract and think jk is ready to be the full time SF.

I'm not sure we can go big game hunting with cp3s contract. If nothing becomes available, I'd kick the tires on ball.

Ball and Caruso were locking people up when they were playing together. It’s a good buy low opportunity and we know they were interested in jk which we said no to for Caruso.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,154

Post#3304 » by TB » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:48 am

wco81 wrote:
TB wrote:What type of draft collateral would be needed in either direction for:

Wiggins to Toronto for Bruce Brown

Loon/GP2 to Brooklyn for Finney-Smith

CP3/Kuminga to Atlanta for Murray

All moves to make the team smaller.

Interesting.

Oh and it's interesting, the same people who want to move on from Klay and JK are touting Ben Simmons?

Not sure what the last sentence has to do with my post lol

But as for the "make the team smaller" part, I don't really see it that way... even though, yes, an outgoing player may be "bigger" than the incoming player in that specific trade.

Wiggins for Brown I get... but thats more of a salary move that also is easier to make room for Moody/Kuminga potentially. Brown is super strong and versatile, even though he is a tad short.

Loon is small for his position (but plays big). GP2 is small for his position (but plays big). DFS is pretty normal size for a forward but has shown he can play small ball center as well. This is more assuming we bring in a center to split time with Trayce, then we have DFS in the Otto Porter backup 4/5 role. I dont want DFS as the main backup center replacing Loons minutes.

CP3 is small for his position, plus played next to Steph a lot. Murray is much bigger and more capable of defending SGs or POA in general. Murray taking minutes from CP3 and Klay doesn't make us smaller at the 1/2 in my view when you consider what it allows us to do throughout the whole lineup.

Kuminga as part of that trade doesn't mean Murray is playing his PF minutes lol. Trading Kuminga would be to move Dray back to PF and next to a center. In this scenario, it makes us a bigger team, not smaller.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,415

Post#3305 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 am

Early exits by vets might help Curry and Warriors rebuild super team.

Giannis and the Bucks
Durant and Suns
LeBron and AD and Lakers
Paul George and Clipper

With Denver the dominant team, one of these guys might force their way to Golden State. Warriors can trade Wiggins and Kuminga as core pieces....or CP3 and Kuminga etc....to match salary.

All it takes is a team like Lakers or Bucks to decide that rebuilding is the way to go...and their opinion that Kuminga is a younger potential Giannis.

Not highly likely but that's the kind of connection that would make it work.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,214

Post#3306 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 pm

*dream scenario* i guess

- trade Wiggins/Dray to Phoenix for KD
- trade Kuminga to Cleveland for Mobley
- trade Podz/TJD to Magic for Black

+ resign Cp3 + Klay at hopefully nothing more than ~25m combined

draft: Oso Ighodaro and Jalen Bridges

all feasible on their own logically and financially would make us better both short term + long term. putting this out into the ether so the FO can get some ideas.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 853

Post#3307 » by DevinVassell » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 pm

clyde21 wrote:- trade Wiggins/Dray to Phoenix for KD

This is lalaland stuff. Straight up?

clyde21 wrote:- trade Kuminga to Cleveland for Mobley

Why do you think Cleveland would even consider this?

clyde21 wrote:- trade Podz/TJD to Magic for Black

So our last two extremely productive rookie hits for a rookie miss that cant shoot? Why?

clyde21 wrote:+ resign Cp3 + Klay at hopefully nothing more than ~25m combined

Resigning both these guys is in your dream scenario? How many more years do you want to re-up them for??
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,415

Post#3308 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 pm

Wiggins and Draymond to Suns for Durant would make them a vastly better team. Not sure why it's lalaland stuff?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#3309 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 pm

DevinVassell wrote:This is lalaland stuff. Straight up?

Why is Wiggy/Dray for KD lalaland? Fits perfectly financially and Phoenix gets two starters for one, improve their depth/fit and add a needed playmaking hub in Dray.

Why wouldn't they? Both top 10s from the same class and Mobley's fit next to Allen is awkward...they have a huge hole at the wing which Kuminga fills perfectly.

So our last two extremely productive rookie hits for a rookie miss that cant shoot? Why?

because Anthony Black is a better prospect than both combined and is an incredible fit here. were you one of the ones bitching when I was proposing a similar trade for Haliburton his rookie year?

Resigning both these guys is in your dream scenario? How many more years do you want to re-up them for??

one year for both as off-bench compliments to Steph/KD.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#3310 » by DevinVassell » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 pm

clyde21 wrote:

Why is Wiggy/Dray for KD lalaland? Fits perfectly financially and Phoenix gets two starters for one, improve their depth/fit and add a needed playmaking hub in Dray.

So its straight up then... no picks added from our side... for KD? You do mean Kevin right, that top 15 player of all time?

Because if its Kris Dunn... that just blocks Anthony Blacks obvious untapped development and that just gets us nowhere.

But whatever, throw in an NFT and I'm in.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#3311 » by cdubbz » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:

Why wouldn't they? Both top 10s from the same class and Mobley's fit next to Allen is awkward...they have a huge hole at the wing which Kuminga fills perfectly.

That trade wouldn't improve the Suns at all. KD averaged 27, 6r, 5,a, 1b this season.

Cavaliers wouldn't do the trade because Mobley >>> Kuminga. They can fill their wing void by other means - not by trading their best big man.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#3312 » by DevinVassell » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 pm

cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

That trade wouldn't improve the Suns at all. KD averaged 27, 6r, 5,a, 1b this season.

Cavaliers wouldn't do the trade because Mobley >>> Kuminga. They can fill their wing void by other means - not by trading their best big man.

Yeah, only five starting spots in basketball and it's two 50cers for a dollar.

7ft Kevin doesn't need to soley rely on his athletism going forward.

Dray otoh is an aging undersized forward battling the behemoths of the league and lets no forget that a history of nutcasism is not exactly attractive atm.

Wiggins while ok is... underwhelming.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#3313 » by DevinVassell » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 pm

cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Yeah, only five starting spots in basketball and it's two 50cers for a dollar.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#3314 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:24 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

So its straight up then... no picks added from our side... for KD? You do mean Kevin right, that top 15 player of all time?

Because if its Kris Dunn... that just blocks Anthony Blacks obvious untapped development and that just gets us nowhere.

But whatever, throw in an NFT and I'm in.

glad you're on the same page next time catch up faster
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#3315 » by cdubbz » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm

Would love to see the Warriors do what the Celtics did with KG & Pierce trade. But they won't.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,016

Post#3316 » by whatisacenter » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 pm

Just need to find a way to trade Draymond and then not re-sign Klay. Out with the old system and in with the new...turn the page already.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,279

Post#3317 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 pm

cdubbz wrote:Would love to see the Warriors do what the Celtics did with KG & Pierce trade. But they won't.

That was because the Nets had a very highly incompetent GM. Ainge conned him big time.

Ainge might have gotten away with the trade of Gobert and Mitchell too. But Gobert at least is part of the top seed in the WC this year.

Though the Wolves may be short-lived, they may have to shed salaries.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#3318 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 pm

KD is on the table, make it happen with Wiggy+Dray
clyde21
RealGM

Post#3319 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 pm

cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

i am the biggest Mobley fan on this entire board but that seems like an exaggeration-

per 36:

Mobley: 18/11/4
Minga: 22/6/3

Minga is actually also a year younger, is on the same contract scale as Mobley (same class) and fits their team way more (they desperately need a wing and already have Allen at C)

I don't see why either of these trades are crazy. they make sense for both teams from almost every aspect, fit, talent, contract, financially, etc.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 364

Post#3320 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:07 pm

clyde21 wrote:*dream scenario* i guess

- trade Wiggins/Dray to Phoenix for KD
- trade Kuminga to Cleveland for Mobley
- trade Podz/TJD to Magic for Black

+ resign Cp3 + Klay at hopefully nothing more than ~25m combined

draft: Oso Ighodaro and Jalen Bridges

all feasible on their own logically and financially would make us better both short term + long term. putting this out into the ether so the FO can get some ideas.

I'm for the first two trades (Whatever it takes to land KD and/or Evan Mobley), but Anthony Black has the most tremendous upside to either flourish or bust. I just don't think this team has the time to figure what kind of player he'll be in the next 2-4 years.

What I would do to grab a 1st round pick is CP3 + Podz for Ben Simmons + Nets 1st Round Pick, though. Hate or request for my account to be suspended all you want (LOL), but I think Ben could flourish here as an Iggy/Draymond-type player where all he will do is handle and distribute the rock, play solid defense to disrupt the opposing team's offensive flow and take *gasp* wide-open jumpers. And can look to unload that future 1st round pick for a solid player.

Return to Golden State Warriors