ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3241 » by Commodor » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:45 am

wco81 wrote:
Commodor wrote:Curry in OKC will be a great fit and will make Dame's haul look cheap.

He's 36. At most OKC will give the Warriors a bunch of FRPs projected in the latter half of the first round. They have too many of those anyways and they already have a young Big 3 so they don't need a lot of picks.

Maybe but championships don't come easy and if they can get Curry without sacrificing their core I think at least some of their +picks will be available. 3 year window left for Curry and SGA will still be the primary guy so Curry doesn't get too worn down. They could use some range to space things out.

Maybe not all of the juicy ones a few+ years out but next 3 years should be definitely available.

Would prefer for us to retool around Curry but just don't see how it gets done at this point. Gettin
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3242 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:28 am

Commodor wrote:
wco81 wrote:
Commodor wrote:Curry in OKC will be a great fit and will make Dame's haul look cheap.

He's 36. At most OKC will give the Warriors a bunch of FRPs projected in the latter half of the first round. They have too many of those anyways and they already have a young Big 3 so they don't need a lot of picks.

Maybe but championships don't come easy and if they can get Curry without sacrificing their core I think at least some of their +picks will be available. 3 year window left for Curry and SGA will still be the primary guy so Curry doesn't get too worn down. They could use some range to space things out.

Maybe not all of the juicy ones a few+ years out but next 3 years should be definitely available.

Would prefer for us to retool around Curry but just don't see how it gets done at this point. Gettin

We will see what happens in the playoffs but OKC's real need is some big men, so that Chet Holmgren doesn't have to bang against guys who outweigh him by 30 pounds or more.

So would they want Curry? Maybe, though SGA is already a big time scorer and Jalen Williams is trending towards being an all-star wing himself. They have spacing with Joe. They could always use more but I don't think spacing has been a problem for them.

Again, depends on what happens in the playoffs for them.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,771

Post#3243 » by eminence » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:57 pm

You tell me GS fans: Looney/Kuminga/your tradable 1sts for Lauri (Payton in place of Looney is fine for me, but I thought keeping him made more sense for y'all).

You let CP3/Klay walk and come back next season with this:

Curry
Podz/Payton
Wiggins/Moody
Lauri
Dray/TJD

+a MLE level player (maybe it's Klay, but I'd be worried about Kerr using him properly)
I bought a boat.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,969

Post#3244 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:10 pm

eminence wrote:You tell me GS fans: Looney/Kuminga/your tradable 1sts for Lauri (Payton in place of Looney is fine for me, but I thought keeping him made more sense for y'all).

Curry
Podz/Payton
Wiggins/Moody
Lauri
Dray/TJD

+a MLE level player (maybe it's Klay, but I'd be worried about Kerr using him properly)

I would do this in a heartbeat and I like JK.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#3245 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:14 pm

Plan A
CP3 (Expiring) + Kuminga + Podz + add picks how you see fit.
For
Lauri + Clarkson

C Lauri
PF Green
SF Wiggins
SG Moody
PG Curry
6th Clarkson
7th TJD
8th GP2
9th Looney

Get some spacing out of the 5 spot. Lauri+Steph pick n pop will be lethal. Having a 5 that can shoot is more spacing for everyone. Lauri puts pressure on opposing centers and draws them from the cup for better driving lanes.

When Steph and Dray sub out then Lauri+Clarkson anchor the second unit pick n roll scoring.

Lineups with Lauri at power forward next to a center allow us to play big.

Plan B
CP3 (Expiring) + Kuminga
For
Dejounte Murray + Capela

C Capela
PF Green
SF Wiggins
SG Murray
PG Curry
6th Podz
7th TJD
8th Moody
9th GP2
10th Looney

Swapping CP3 and Kuminga for Murray and Capela gets us back to the top of the league in defense. The starting lineup could be the best defensive starting 5 in the NBA. Murray takes the tough guard assignments and Wiggins the toward wing assignments with Capela and Dray providing additional back line support.

Murray handles the 2nd unit and in lineups with GP2 next to him hound opposing guards with TJD providing help inside.

Murray averaged 9apg with the Spurs before moving off ball with the Hawks. With us I think we would be fine letting Murray get downhill for stretches and hitting the open man.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,287

Post#3246 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:12 pm

eminence wrote:You tell me GS fans: Looney/Kuminga/your tradable 1sts for Lauri (Payton in place of Looney is fine for me, but I thought keeping him made more sense for y'all).

Curry
Podz/Payton
Wiggins/Moody
Lauri
Dray/TJD

Yes please this should've happened before the trade deadline. After this draft though it should theoretically be easier to trade the picks now. But I would do this easily.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM

Post#3247 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:14 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:Plan A
CP3 (Expiring) + Kuminga + Podz + add picks how you see fit.
For
Lauri + Clarkson

C Lauri
PF Green
SF Wiggins
SG Moody
PG Curry
6th Clarkson
7th TJD
8th GP2
9th Looney

Get some spacing out of the 5 spot. Lauri+Steph pick n pop will be lethal. Having a 5 that can shoot is more spacing for everyone. Lauri puts pressure on opposing centers and draws them from the cup for better driving lanes.

When Steph and Dray sub out then Lauri+Clarkson anchor the second unit pick n roll scoring.

Lineups with Lauri at power forward next to a center allow us to play big.

Plan B
CP3 (Expiring) + Kuminga
For
Dejounte Murray + Capela

C Capela
PF Green
SF Wiggins
SG Murray
PG Curry
6th Podz
7th TJD
8th Moody
9th GP2
10th Looney

Swapping CP3 and Kuminga for Murray and Capela gets us back to the top of the league in defense. The starting lineup could be the best defensive starting 5 in the NBA. Murray takes the tough guard assignments and Wiggins the toward wing assignments with Capela and Dray providing additional back line support.

Murray handles the 2nd unit and in lineups with GP2 next to him hound opposing guards with TJD providing help inside.

Murray averaged 9apg with the Spurs before moving off ball with the Hawks. With us I think we would be fine letting Murray get downhill for stretches and hitting the open man.

Give me option A. I really want a player taller than 6'7'' that will play at least 30 mpg.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Post#3248 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:25 pm

What are the "trade-able firsts" that Ainge would want for Lauri?

Probably all of them is my guess.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,249

Post#3249 » by xdrta+ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:42 pm

Ainge is quoted yesterday as saying, “We’re ready to go big game hunting...we’re not really interested in dinosaurs,” Ainge said. “We’re interested in like, good six or seven years guys, those are good players." Ideally, the Jazz will trade for an All-Star level player in the prime of his career.

I'm not sure any Warrior package fits that scenario.
Onus
RealGM

Post#3250 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:07 pm

wco81 wrote:What are the "trade-able firsts" that Ainge would want for Lauri?

Probably all of them is my guess.

Once 24 conveys we would be able to trade 25/27 or 26/28/30 1-20. Then pick swaps as needed.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#3251 » by Romulus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:35 am

I too think Lauri should be the key target with the trade including JK from the Warriors. If you also want Clarkson (and I would) then yes, I would be willing to also include Podz. I think this is the type of package that would be very attractive to Ainge -- very good young players and draft picks.

You have to shake this roster up. If you really want Curry to stay, give him a legit #2. Lauri's shooting and size would really help this team.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#3252 » by killmongrel » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 am

Curry
Podz/Payton
Wiggins/Moody
Lauri
Dray/TJD

I would do this deal yesterday.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,048

Post#3253 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:07 am

xdrta+ wrote:Ainge is quoted yesterday as saying, “We’re ready to go big game hunting...we’re not really interested in dinosaurs,” Ainge said. “We’re interested in like, good six or seven years guys, those are good players." Ideally, the Jazz will trade for an All-Star level player in the prime of his career.

Lauri will be 27 to start next season.. he should be good the next 6-7 years

So one of 3 things

- Lauri is not going to re-sign
- Ainge doesnt see Lauri's on-court value as highly as his trade value
- Ainge is looking for a sucker

Only 1 1st should be available in any trade and it should be the 2025 1st only, and it really shouldnt be for Lauri. Deeper you dig, its a worse and worse fit. If the team does anything it should be a big guard.. something that moves Steph over to SG on a more permanent basis
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#3254 » by watch1958 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Ainge is quoted yesterday as saying, “We’re ready to go big game hunting...we’re not really interested in dinosaurs,” Ainge said. “We’re interested in like, good six or seven years guys, those are good players." Ideally, the Jazz will trade for an All-Star level player in the prime of his career.

So one of 3 things

Only 1 1st should be available in any trade and it should be the 2025 1st only, and it really shouldnt be for Lauri. Deeper you dig, its a worse and worse fit. If the team does anything it should be a big guard.. something that moves Steph over to SG on a more permanent basis
DJM
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,152

Post#3255 » by TB » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:

So one of 3 things

Unless I missed part of the quote that was directly referencing Lauri's value, I sort of see that comment as Lauri not being for sale. They want to trade other pieces to get a fit exactly with Lauri's timeline.
Onus
RealGM

Post#3256 » by Onus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:24 pm

CDM_Stats wrote: If the team does anything it should be a big guard.. something that moves Steph over to SG on a more permanent basis

Curry is already off the ball most of the game. He really only gets on the ball when we need to actually score and we run pick and roll down the stretch of games.

If you really want to get him off ball with a player that can guard elite 1s and 2s I'd look at Kris Dunn.
TB
General Manager

Post#3257 » by TB » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:49 pm

Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote: If the team does anything it should be a big guard.. something that moves Steph over to SG on a more permanent basis

Curry is already off the ball most of the game. He really only gets on the ball when we need to actually score and we run pick and roll down the stretch of games.

If you really want to get him off ball with a player that can guard elite 1s and 2s I'd look at Kris Dunn.

Dunn is definitely my pick for backup guard that can play alongside Steph or Podz if we aren't bringing in a Murray level guy.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,733

Post#3258 » by JustBuzzin » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 pm

Go get Jimmy B for Kuminga and picks.

If the goal is to keep the big 3 together then add a guy that fits that timeline and let them ride it out together.

Jimmy B still a difference maker.
TB
General Manager

Post#3259 » by TB » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:21 pm

Jimmy Butlers 3 point percentage throughout his career is an absolute roller coaster.

Him and Dray both at 40% next year and we can plan the parade.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#3260 » by vvoland » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Go get Jimmy B for Kuminga and picks.

If the goal is to keep the big 3 together then add a guy that fits that timeline and let them ride it out together.

Jimmy B still a difference maker.

That's just not how the cap works.

Return to Golden State Warriors