ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3141 » by vvoland » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:57 pm

killmongrel wrote:
vvoland wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
I'm kind of pissed now. :lol:

Maybe they didn't want to do CP3 dirty like that. But I want to do what's best for the team. Getting a shooter/scorer like Bojan is what we need. The lineups we can do with him. And if the FO doesn't like him, trade him or let him walk this summer. Same thing they're gonna do with CP3, just 10m less. But they have other salaries they can add to that just in case. Dunleavy's first L.

The knicks could have included one of their less favorable 1sts if they wanted to beat our offer, had we made one. I like Bojan on this team as wiggins/klay insurance but if he has to play big minutes, we're probably done. If we're playing reasonably well, Bojan probably plays 20 mins a game but we would need to integrate him into our offensive and defensive schemes. Not sure CP3 and Moody would be appreciably worse than Bojan over the next 30 games.

If we make a playoff run, he would have been nice as a bench scorer. It's a good move for the knicks but not sure it moves the needle enough for us. The players they traded are low impact. The org clearly values what cp3 brings and I don't think anyone wants to give up on moody and use him as the asset for a rental.

I'd rather have Bojan instead of Klay or CP3. The cost is Moody and seconds. But is he gonna play anyway? At least we get a good bench player who can provide more consistent shooting than either of those two. And he can start and close in some lineups. And his contract gives us almost as much flexibility as CP3's. I'll take it.

I just think it's a 50/50 call. They're not trading Klay; if they did, Bojan would have been a pretty decent replacement. CP3 and Moody for Bojan and maybe gets it done or NY ups their offer. We're not giving up a 1st, even super protected. Plus, the fact that there's no guarantee Bojan can acclimate to our system, team, vibe, etc. For a clear upgrade, sure. For a lateral move? I'd pass but it's close.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,269

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3142 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:00 pm

vvoland wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
vvoland wrote:

The knicks could have included one of their less favorable 1sts if they wanted to beat our offer, had we made one. I like Bojan on this team as wiggins/klay insurance but if he has to play big minutes, we're probably done. If we're playing reasonably well, Bojan probably plays 20 mins a game but we would need to integrate him into our offensive and defensive schemes. Not sure CP3 and Moody would be appreciably worse than Bojan over the next 30 games.

If we make a playoff run, he would have been nice as a bench scorer. It's a good move for the knicks but not sure it moves the needle enough for us. The players they traded are low impact. The org clearly values what cp3 brings and I don't think anyone wants to give up on moody and use him as the asset for a rental.

I'd rather have Bojan instead of Klay or CP3. The cost is Moody and seconds. But is he gonna play anyway? At least we get a good bench player who can provide more consistent shooting than either of those two. And he can start and close in some lineups. And his contract gives us almost as much flexibility as CP3's. I'll take it.

I just think it's a 50/50 call. They're not trading Klay; if they did, Bojan would have been a pretty decent replacement. CP3 and Moody for Bojan and maybe gets it done or NY ups their offer. We're not giving up a 1st, even super protected. Plus, the fact that there's no guarantee Bojan can acclimate to our system, team, vibe, etc. For a clear upgrade, sure. For a lateral move? I'd pass but it's close.

Klay couldn’t stay in front of Pat bev last night.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#3143 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:04 pm

vvoland wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
vvoland wrote:

What exactly are we holding onto this season? :lol:

Make the move because it gives us options for next season as well. If they won't trade Klay because of feels then trade CP3.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,923

Post#3144 » by whatisacenter » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:11 pm

I can't see the Warriors trading Klay....not going to happen.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#3145 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:18 pm

Royce to the suns for 3 2nds
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#3146 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:19 pm

whatisacenter wrote:I can't see the Warriors trading Klay....not going to happen.

I don't either. I just hope they let him walk in the summer.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#3147 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:20 pm

The west is getting ready for a war.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#3148 » by TB » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:21 pm

Mavs and Suns making more deals....

we have 2 more losses than the Mavs and have Steph Curry on the roster... yet they are getting Gafford and PJ while we are looking to salary dump wiggins and sell the fans on CP3 being a new acquisition.
Onus
RealGM

Post#3149 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:21 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:The west is getting ready for a war.

The only team in the east trying to get better are the knicks
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#3150 » by Warriorfan » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:27 pm

Warrior tradeable / expendable assets except Wiggins not healthy.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#3151 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:39 pm

Cojo for 2047 a top 58-protected 2nd rounder probably the only thing we're doing
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#3152 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:40 pm

Pat Beverly to the bucks for payne and 2nd.

I guess mjd didn't want Portis.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#3153 » by cdubbz » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#3154 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:09 pm

It makes sense. We're not getting max value right now for Wiggs, an injured CP3, or Moody, and those are the 3 guys I can see us trading.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Onus
RealGM

Post#3155 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:13 pm

Yea it doesn't make sense to make a trade. We have a good team, just not a good coach that has been able to find the right combinations. We'll see if Kerr can push the right buttons going forward. He's found a good rotation now but what happens when cp comes back. We're going to see more CP/Curry/Klay lineups aren't we.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#3156 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:14 pm

Onus wrote:Yea it doesn't make sense to make a trade. We have a good team, just not a good coach that has been able to find the right combinations. We'll see if Kerr can push the right buttons going forward. He's found a good rotation now but what happens when cp comes back. We're going to see more CP/Curry/Klay lineups aren't we.

Moody for el Goga
Onus
RealGM

Post#3157 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:16 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:Yea it doesn't make sense to make a trade. We have a good team, just not a good coach that has been able to find the right combinations. We'll see if Kerr can push the right buttons going forward. He's found a good rotation now but what happens when cp comes back. We're going to see more CP/Curry/Klay lineups aren't we.

Moody for el Goga

Oddly I think Moody or Podz should be closing over Klay and CP.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#3158 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:16 pm

I would have been all over Hield and Goga for this one.. something along the lines of CP3/TJD + 2nds for Hield, and then Moody for Goga.. get a pure shooter off the bench, get a guy who auditions for a starting C role/extension in the offseason. Gives us a Klay alternative and a Looney alternative heading into the offseason for 2 guys that Kerr is freezing out
Mambomuziki
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#3159 » by Mambomuziki » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:21 pm

I wouldn't.mind Metu over Saric and Cojo for KBD.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using RealGM mobile app
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#3160 » by vvoland » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:39 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:I would have been all over Hield and Goga for this one.. something along the lines of CP3/TJD + 2nds for Hield, and then Moody for Goga.. get a pure shooter off the bench, get a guy who auditions for a starting C role/extension in the offseason. Gives us a Klay alternative and a Looney alternative heading into the offseason for 2 guys that Kerr is freezing out

Yes, both would be nice additions. Doubt Kerr plays hield over Klay and as bad as Klay's season has been, can't imagine he's worse than buddy. Goga would be very interesting here but what does Orl want and I think WCJ would fit better as a spacing 4/5 next to dray than goga might.

My biggest motivation might be moving cp3 so I don't have to see 3 players under 6'4 on the floor at the same time. I'm afraid we'll see a lot of Podz, CP3, Curry lineups when cp3 is healthy.

Return to Golden State Warriors