ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3181 » by TB » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:43 pm

I'm reading we get the worst of the pacers 3 2nd rounders this year. Still ideal to root against bucks, Cavs, pelicans in that case.

We are also sending them our top 55 protected 2025 2nd from Charlotte (which uhhh is essentially not a real pick)
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3182 » by donkeylips » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:45 pm

i like the trade even more now, its like buying a 2nd round pick early.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#3183 » by azwfan » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:48 pm

TB wrote:I'm reading we get the worst of the pacers 3 2nd rounders this year. Still ideal to root against bucks, Cavs, pelicans in that case.

We are also sending them our top 55 protected 2025 2nd from Charlotte (which uhhh is essentially not a real pick)

Thats a great trade. We bought a 2nd!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#3184 » by xdrta+ » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:51 pm

TB wrote:
gswhoop wrote:Please please please tell me it’s Isaiah Jackson for Corey Joseph

Nope, tax saving deal. Getting back a 2nd rounder we probably will never see. Move Lester to roster, save 11m.

How do you get 11M? I see Joseph, salary +tax = $14.5M
Quin, salary + tax = $8M

About $6.5M still well worth it. Plus Warriors sent cash, don't know amount yet, but savings won't be that great.
TB
General Manager

Post#3185 » by TB » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:08 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
TB wrote:
gswhoop wrote:Please please please tell me it’s Isaiah Jackson for Corey Joseph

Nope, tax saving deal. Getting back a 2nd rounder we probably will never see. Move Lester to roster, save 11m.

Quin, salary + tax = $8M

About $6.5M still well worth it. Plus Warriors sent cash, don't know amount yet, but savings won't be that great.

I did zero math to get that 11m number. I copy/pasted from a tweet :lol:

My guess is it was the number before factoring in various aspects of the trade including Q and cash paid. I read the cash paid was over 5m... so based on your numbers, ya not much of savings. But still saved money and got a 2nd rounder.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,170

Post#3186 » by cpower » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:23 pm

now trade deadline is over, wiggins will be back to his old self...do not care
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#3187 » by xdrta+ » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:24 pm

TB wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
TB wrote:

Quin, salary + tax = $8M

I did zero math to get that 11m number. I copy/pasted from a tweet :lol:

My guess is it was the number before factoring in various aspects of the trade including Q and cash paid. I read the cash paid was over 5m... so based on your numbers, ya not much of savings. But still saved money and got a 2nd rounder.

Yeah, I saw a report that said the Warriors would save $14M, even subtracted it from the tax total. Guess they forgot the W's have to fill that roster spot. Too many places just rush something out as soon as they hear news.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#3188 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:08 pm

Rumors are the Hawks may shop Trae Young in the offseason

The DJM window might be permanently closed. Bummer

On the plus side, I like the Hawks so this seems to be a good direction for them. Trae's a great player but they let him be too ball-dominant and he doesnt have a Dray to help him out on the other side
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 261

Post#3189 » by ShayDee » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:19 pm

Hawks aren't shopping Trae, it's just media trying to push narratives, Murray though will almost 100% get traded in the offseason
TB
General Manager

Post#3190 » by TB » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:03 am

Trae is 25 and starting to get labeled as a stats only guy (true or not is beside the point). I don't see him wanting to stick around and wait for any new draft picks to develop; and I dont see the Hawks as a team that can bring in a true 2nd star....

He is definitely going to be one of the next superstars to force himself to a team of his choice, and I think its between two team:

Thunder - pretty much his home town, ready to win now, assets galore. However, even though he can replace Josh Giggity and Shai can guards 2s, I'm not sure Presti would go down that route vs someone that fits with Shai more.

Spurs - So I think it ends up being the Trae/Vic show in San Antonio.... and I can see it happening as soon as this offseason.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#3191 » by ShayDee » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:49 am

TB wrote:Trae is 25 and starting to get labeled as a stats only guy (true or not is beside the point). I don't see him wanting to stick around and wait for any new draft picks to develop; and I dont see the Hawks as a team that can bring in a true 2nd star....

He is definitely going to be one of the next superstars to force himself to a team of his choice, and I think its between two team:

Thunder - pretty much his home town, ready to win now, assets galore. However, even though he can replace Josh Giggity and Shai can guards 2s, I'm not sure Presti would go down that route vs someone that fits with Shai more.

Spurs - So I think it ends up being the Trae/Vic show in San Antonio.... and I can see it happening as soon as this offseason.

He would only force himself if the hawks don't build a good team for the next 2 years. And no he is not a stats only guy his team just sucks

But the Spurs will have interest if Trae is on the market. the main problem with the Hawks is the ownership. they are being really cheap, shipping out players without filling in their roster spot with rotational players and expecting Trae to carry a bunch of gleaguers which obviously he has proven he can't. Also the Hawks front court is just bad and has been for multiple years, as well as many of their draft picks after Trae not amounting to anything and has resulted in a downfall of the hawks

Draft picks after Trae OO(Pick 6, undersized C with almost no offesne and just above average defense, bullied by bigger players), Hunter and Cam(pick 4 and 11, Supposed to be the wing defensive anchors of the hawks, 1 one has busted, the other has not lived up to a number 4 pick, injured every year while having multiple negative net rating seasons, cannot rebound or get stocks), JJ (only starting to realize his potential, but is basically a worse Kuminga right now, very soft player around the rim, cannot defend properly without fouling), AJ Griffin( pick 16, good rookie year, unplayable right now), Bufkin(pick 15, picked before multiple players that have logged minutes, Keyonte, Pod, Cam, JJJ, Kris Murray, Sasser, right now he is playing well in the Gleague but cannot get rotational minutes when the hawks suck?)

The DJM trade was supposed to help alot but the player DJM was on the spurs or at least the illusion of the player was not what the hawks traded all their assets for, and the trade set them back a bit. but the main thing is DJM is locked up to multiple years and he is putting up stats. Some team will want him for a premium asset that the hawks covet and they will make a big move then

Quinn has also not done a good job with coaching. Multiple players don't understand what he is trying to do on defense, has caused the hawks to have one of the worst defenses. Nate knew how to use his players quin doesn't so the hawks need to restructure the team to players Quin can use. The ownership also has to be willing to pay the tax and build a real team. It's just a mess right now (ps: Hawks are the 2nd team I follow religiously so I know alot about their situation)
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,264

Post#3192 » by wco81 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:04 am

TB wrote:Trae is 25 and starting to get labeled as a stats only guy (true or not is beside the point). I don't see him wanting to stick around and wait for any new draft picks to develop; and I dont see the Hawks as a team that can bring in a true 2nd star....

Or probably the Lakers.

Or Luka also linked to them.

All the all star or better players on their second contracts are inevitably linked to the Lakers.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#3193 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:17 am

ShayDee wrote:Hawks aren't shopping Trae, it's just media trying to push narratives, Murray though will almost 100% get traded in the offseason

Its sourced by opposing GMs based on their talks with the Hawks, thats not a narrative being pushed. Just reporting what league sentiment is
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#3194 » by ShayDee » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:13 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Hawks aren't shopping Trae, it's just media trying to push narratives, Murray though will almost 100% get traded in the offseason

Its sourced by opposing GMs based on their talks with the Hawks, thats not a narrative being pushed. Just reporting what league sentiment is

If it was Jake Fisher reporting this then it's almost not accurate as he gets so much wrong about the hawks
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#3195 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:19 pm

ShayDee wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

If it was Jake Fisher reporting this then it's almost not accurate as he gets so much wrong about the hawks

So the implication is he's making up the sources, from other teams, about the Hawks?

Jake Fischer is actually one of the more reputable names that isnt Woj/Shams, so I tend to believe that more than just dismissing his credibility after likely looking up who the source was in the first place
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#3196 » by killmongrel » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:02 pm

In hindsight, should the Warriors have traded for Kristaps Porzingus? Regardless of what you think of him and his multi year salary, would a lineup of Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Kristaps been kind of nasty? Also, I am just not looking forward to seeing CP3 again on this team.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#3197 » by ShayDee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:11 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

So the implication is he's making up the sources, from other teams, about the Hawks?

Jake Fischer is actually one of the more reputable names that isnt Woj/Shams, so I tend to believe that more than just dismissing his credibility after likely looking up who the source was in the first place

He just reports stuff that he has heard from chatter not directly from the Front offices, only Shams/Woj I would say are reliable, especially Shams since he has ties to clutch, anything else is just speculation.

I would not put too much stock on reporters saying Trae is on the table. The Hawks ownership don't want to trade Trae young but when the GM is putting it out there that everyone on the hawks is on the table(except Trae/JJ) and the Hawks are not a good team at attracting FAs and they have no assets because they traded everything to the spurs then GMS are going to speculate that the hawks want to get some assets back and the only way to do that is to trade Trae since no one else on their team will get back any sort of assets because they speculate that the Hawks might listen to Trae offers

And the only trade they would accept anyways are trades with the Spurs to get their picks back but the spurs are not stupid, or I hope they aren't to give them back so there is no use trading Trae unless he asks out. And If they are Trading him they might as well go full rebuild as DJM is not taking them anywhere except multiple lottery teams so trade him as well and they have to make sure if the trade Trae that they know someone in the lottery will have as much impact as him because Trae is someone that can carry teams to the playoffs and has proven many times at least in the East

but no they don't want to trade Trae, I know a close hawks source that says they don't
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#3198 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:40 pm

azwfan wrote:
TB wrote:I'm reading we get the worst of the pacers 3 2nd rounders this year. Still ideal to root against bucks, Cavs, pelicans in that case.

Thats a great trade. We bought a 2nd!

Paid 5 million for the second round pick but saved 13 million in luxury tax by getting rid of Corey Joseph’s contract.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#3199 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:47 pm

killmongrel wrote:In hindsight, should the Warriors have traded for Kristaps Porzingus? Regardless of what you think of him and his multi year salary, would a lineup of Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Kristaps been kind of nasty? Also, I am just not looking forward to seeing CP3 again on this team.

He is having a good season. What would we have traded for him?

June 23, 2023: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the Washington Wizards to the Boston Celtics; the Boston Celtics traded Marcus Smart to the Memphis Grizzlies; the Boston Celtics traded Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala and Julian Phillips to the Washington Wizards; the Memphis Grizzlies traded Marcus Sasser and a 2024 1st round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Boston Celtics; and the Memphis Grizzlies traded Tyus Jones to the Washington Wizards. 2023 top-4 protected pick is GSW own
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#3200 » by killmongrel » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:48 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
killmongrel wrote:In hindsight, should the Warriors have traded for Kristaps Porzingus? Regardless of what you think of him and his multi year salary, would a lineup of Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Kristaps been kind of nasty? Also, I am just not looking forward to seeing CP3 again on this team.

He is having a good season. What would we have traded for him?

June 23, 2023: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the Washington Wizards to the Boston Celtics; the Boston Celtics traded Marcus Smart to the Memphis Grizzlies; the Boston Celtics traded Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala and Julian Phillips to the Washington Wizards; the Memphis Grizzlies traded Marcus Sasser and a 2024 1st round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Boston Celtics; and the Memphis Grizzlies traded Tyus Jones to the Washington Wizards. 2023 top-4 protected pick is GSW own

The Celtics offer is what here?

Marcus Smart, Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala, Julian Phillips?

Jordan Poole/1st/seconds would have been my offer.

Return to Golden State Warriors