ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3201 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:30 am

killmongrel wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
killmongrel wrote:In hindsight, should the Warriors have traded for Kristaps Porzingus? Regardless of what you think of him and his multi year salary, would a lineup of Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Kristaps been kind of nasty? Also, I am just not looking forward to seeing CP3 again on this team.

He is having a good season. What would we have traded for him?

June 23, 2023: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the Washington Wizards to the Boston Celtics; the Boston Celtics traded Marcus Smart to the Memphis Grizzlies; the Boston Celtics traded Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala and Julian Phillips to the Washington Wizards; the Memphis Grizzlies traded Marcus Sasser and a 2024 1st round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Boston Celtics; and the Memphis Grizzlies traded Tyus Jones to the Washington Wizards. 2023 top-4 protected pick is GSW own

The Celtics offer is what here?

Marcus Smart, Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala, Julian Phillips?

Jordan Poole/1st/seconds would have been my offer.

I think this can be figured out.
I am still not clear who had the Warriors draft pick and traded it.

Celtics receive:

Kristaps Porzingis (via Wizards)
No. 25 pick in 2023 Draft (via Grizzlies)
2024 first-round pick (top-four protected, via Warriors)
Grizzlies receive:

Marcus Smart (via Celtics)
Wizards receive:

Tyus Jones (via Grizzlies)
Danilo Gallinari (via Celtics)
Mike Muscala (via Celtics)
No. 35 pick in 2023 Draft (via Celtics)

……….,.,,,,,

Kristaps Porzingis to Celtics, Marcus Smart to Grizzlies in 3 ...
The Grizzlies, meanwhile, would receive Marcus Smart from the Celtics while sending their 25th pick in this year's Draft and a 2024 first-round pick via the Golden State Warriors to the Celtics. Celtics receive: Kristaps Porzingis (via Wizards) No. 25 pick in 2023 Draft (via

…………

Celtics
Outgoing: Marcus Smart, Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala, 2023 35th overall pick

Incoming: Kristaps Porzingis, 2023 25th overall pick, 2024 1st-rounder (via Warriors, top-4 protected)

Grizzlies
Outgoing: Tyus Jones, 2023 25th overall pick, 2024 1st-rounder (via Warriors, top-4 protected)
Incoming: Marcus Smart

Wizards

Outgoing: Kristaps Porzingis,
Incoming: , Tyus Jones, Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala,
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3202 » by killmongrel » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:36 am

killmongrel wrote:
He is having a good season. What would we have traded for him?

June 23, 2023: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the Washington Wizards to the Boston Celtics; the Boston Celtics traded Marcus Smart to the Memphis Grizzlies; the Boston Celtics traded Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala and Julian Phillips to the Washington Wizards; the Memphis Grizzlies traded Marcus Sasser and a 2024 1st round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Boston Celtics; and the Memphis Grizzlies traded Tyus Jones to the Washington Wizards. 2023 top-4 protected pick is GSW own

Celtics receive:

Grizzlies receive:

Wizards receive:

Grizzlies had the pick from the Iguodala trade and then gave it to the Celtics who then gave it to the Blazers after they traded Rob Williams and Malcolm Brogdon for Jrue Holiday I think.

So all in all, the Celtics basically traded Marcus Smart to make the numbers wrok. Second round pick, and scraps. Warriors could have definitely beat that. But I don't think I ever read they were interested in Kristaps.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#3203 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 am

killmongrel wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Celtics receive:

Grizzlies receive:

Wizards receive:

Grizzlies had the pick from the Iguodala trade and then gave it to the Celtics who then gave it to the Blazers after they traded Rob Williams and Malcolm Brogdon for Jrue Holiday I think.

So all in all, the Celtics basically traded Marcus Smart to make the numbers wrok. Second round pick, and scraps. Warriors could have definitely beat that. But I don't think I ever read they were interested in Kristaps.

I added some more versions of the trade to the post this replied to because I found the trade confusing.
Marcus Smart went to Grizzlies. Grizzlies sent Tyus Jones to Wizards. I liked Tyus Jones. Muscala and Gainari may be scraps. I thought Gainary was useful to Celtics.

Smart was no scrap.
I don’t consider Tyus Jones to the Wizard a scrap.

Warriors would have had to give up something of value. Maybe we should have got Porzingas instead of Chris Paul. We should have been interested in Porzingas.

Maybe Wizards wanted Kuminga and we said no.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3204 » by killmongrel » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:15 am

killmongrel wrote:

Celtics receive:

Grizzlies receive:

Wizards receive:

I added some more versions of the trade to the post this replied to because I found the trade confusing.
Marcus Smart went to Grizzlies. Grizzlies sent Tyus Jones to Wizards. I liked Tyus Jones. Muscala and Gainari may be scraps. I thought Gainary was useful to Celtics.

Smart was no scrap.

Warriors would have had to give up something of value. Maybe we should have got Porzingas instead of Chris Paul. We should have been interested in Porzingas.

I'm looking at the deal and it looks like Tyus was sent to the Wizards as the only player I can think of that could be considered a valuable asset. But he's 27. So he wasn't a young prospect. The others like Gallinari were scraps because he was injured and didn't even play for the Celtics I think.

Did the Wizards consider Jordan Poole a better incentive than Tyus Jones since he was young and potentially a reclamation project? Tyus is still on the Wizards who are tanking. So I don't know. I don't understand what they're doing. Maybe they couldn't find a trade partner for him by the deadline. They didn't get a first either.

So I guess it just comes down to how much the Wizards viewed Jordan Poole and if an unprotected first gets it done. I think for the Warriors FO, they would not have been interested in Kristaps demanding an extension and basically guaranteeing the Warriors stay above the second apron or luxury tax should they keep Klay in the summer.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#3205 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:48 am

killmongrel wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Smart was no scrap.

I'm looking at the deal and it looks like Tyus was sent to the Wizards as the only player I can think of that could be considered a valuable asset. But he's 27. So he wasn't a young prospect. The others like Gallinari were scraps because he was injured and didn't even play for the Celtics I think.

Did the Wizards consider Jordan Poole a better incentive than Tyus Jones since he was young and potentially a reclamation project? Tyus is still on the Wizards who are tanking. So I don't know. I don't understand what they're doing. Maybe they couldn't find a trade partner for him by the deadline. They didn't get a first either.

So I guess it just comes down to how much the Wizards viewed Jordan Poole and if an unprotected first gets it done. I think for the Warriors FO, they would not have been interested in Kristaps demanding an extension and basically guaranteeing the Warriors stay above the second apron or luxury tax should they keep Klay in the summer.

Kuzma and Tyus Jones should be traded for draft picks. If you are going to tank go all inon the tank.

I assume the answer to what the Wizards are doing is that they are tanking in which case Kuzma and Tyus Jones don’t fit. Maybe Poole can be rehabilitated and is young enough to keep with the post tank team. Poole os a young guy with chamionship experience but I am not sure I want Poole arround teaching my lottery picks anything. Poole has chamionship experience but I don’t think he is leadership material so trade Poole for 3 2nd round picks.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#3206 » by azwfan » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:28 pm

killmongrel wrote:

Smart was no scrap.

Kuzma and Tyus Jones should be traded for draft picks. If you are going to tank go all inon the tank.

I assume the answer to what the Wizards are doing is that they are tanking in which case Kuzma and Tyus Jones don’t fit. Maybe Poole can be rehabilitated and is young enough to keep with the post tank team. Poole os a young guy with chamionship experience but I am not sure I want Poole arround teaching my lottery picks anything. Poole has chamionship experience but I don’t think he is leadership material so trade Poole for 3 2nd round picks.

Definitely not leadership material on the court. Apparently great in the locker room. Nobody cares about the locker room stuff if you suck on the court though.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#3207 » by Sandy333 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:40 am

It is time to shut this thread down. Warriors are never going to be making significant trade as it own players are constantly devalued playing under Kerr. The sum is always far less than the parts in warriors case.
A good team like Celtics were able to get high value on a scrub like Grant Williams because he was able to play well in thier system. They were to sign Porizingis, who is a answer when everything else gets shut down. Kerr has one fixed way, and trying to forcefit players into that role. It is always about finding the next Andre, Draymond. He is not able to utilise their unique skills or grow them.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3208 » by killmongrel » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:59 am

Sandy333 wrote:It is time to shut this thread down. Warriors are never going to be making significant trade as it own players are constantly devalued playing under Kerr. The sum is always far less than the parts in warriors case.
A good team like Celtics were able to get high value on a scrub like Grant Williams because he was able to play well in thier system. They were to sign Porizingis, who is a answer when everything else gets shut down. Kerr has one fixed way, and trying to forcefit players into that role. It is always about finding the next Andre, Draymond. He is not able to utilise their unique skills or grow them.

Kinda dramatic.

But we'll see what happens this summer. Maybe they go for a big fish or the youngsters look fantastic and they decide to roll with them to help Steph compete going forward.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,803

Post#3209 » by floppymoose » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:05 pm

Coxy wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Coxy wrote:
I think it's best to just not have Ben Simmons anywhere near a team that I support. Ben is the worst kind of pro athlete, and this is coming from an Aussie.

Injured?

That's just one of the enormous problems with that dude.

Simmons out for the rest of the season.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3210 » by killmongrel » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:43 pm

floppymoose wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Injured?

That's just one of the enormous problems with that dude.

Simmons out for the rest of the season.

Once his current contract is over, what exactly is his market price?
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#3211 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:18 pm

OPJ was a vet min after his max deal expired, because he couldn’t stay on the court
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#3212 » by donkeylips » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:32 am

on a min contract, id take simmons. with moody, kuminga, payton, green, he wouldnt be asked to do a lot with this team.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#3213 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:31 am

With Naz Reid playing out of his mind, I wonder if the wolves would be more open to trading kat.

Cp3, podz, and jk might get a conversation started.

Steph
Moody
Wiggs
Dray
Kat
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,276

Post#3214 » by Onus » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:With Naz Reid playing out of his mind, I wonder if the wolves would be more open to trading kat.

Steph
Moody
Wiggs
Dray
Kat

That's really intriguing. Can we get under the tax with him though? Would almost assuredly have to not re-sign klay right.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#3215 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 pm

Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:With Naz Reid playing out of his mind, I wonder if the wolves would be more open to trading kat.

Steph
Moody
Wiggs
Dray
Kat

That's really intriguing. Can we get under the tax with him though? Would almost assuredly have to not re-sign klay right.

Kat will make 50M yearly on his next extension.

Jk will probably get 30+ on his.

Minus cp3, klay, jk, podz, and probably loon..maybe?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,276

Post#3216 » by Onus » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Onus wrote:

Steph
Moody
Wiggs
Dray
Kat

Kat will make 50M yearly on his next extension.

Jk will probably get 30+ on his.

Minus cp3, klay, jk, podz, and probably loon..maybe?

I'm really not attached to any of our players.

I'm just weary of Towns defense and compete level. I feel like he's always getting out competed and as a big that's hard to overcome. For a loose ball, or a rebound, who is going to go get it. But to just shake things up, I like it.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#3217 » by xdrta+ » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:04 pm

Onus wrote:

Steph
Moody
Wiggs
Dray
Kat

If they trade those three, CP, JK, and Podz, let Klay and Looney walk, and take on KAT, they're about $6M under the tax line with 7 players signed. So no, they couldn't get under it with that scenario.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#3218 » by superunknown » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:04 pm

"murray wouldn't help"
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#3219 » by wco81 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 pm

Their ownership situation may make it tough for them to keep that high-priced roster.

Yeah KAT is the logical player they move.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#3220 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:34 pm

superunknown wrote:"murray wouldn't help"

The buy-low window has slammed shut conclusively

One of the more frustrating conversations I've had on here this year.. DJM has been balling out since Trae got hurt. Not only that, his defensive impact has spiked since then as well, because despite what was told to us, he's actually a very good on-ball defender of PGs because he's quick enough to mostly stay with him, but has elite size/length to really screw with them. Anyways, in ATL's last 18 games (all w/o Trae), here's DJM:

18 games (10-8)
+/- per game: +1.0

MPG: 37.7
PPG: 26.1
RPG: 5.6
APG: 9.2
SPG: 1.9
BPG: 0.4
TOPG: 3.1
FG% 45.8% (10.0 / 21.8)
3PT%: 37.4% (3.6 / 9.5)
FT%: 74.2% (2.6 / 3.4)

Would he have saved the season? Most likely not.. but this is what you get when you let him run an offense, and it sure as hell is better than what CP3 + any of the youth, to include Podz, Moody or Kuminga, would have brought to the table. And he likes guarding PGs! And Curry doesnt! The fit was immaculate

Return to Golden State Warriors