ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3121 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:34 pm

TB wrote:Still rumors of Bucks after Wiggins... I think the only way the salaries match that would make me even remotely interested would be:

Wiggins, Cojo for Portis, Connaughton, Andre Jackson

Not sure why the Bucks would do that though, unless we send draft assets too... but why would they want draft picks?

Just hang up the phone on the bucks
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3122 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:35 pm

TB wrote:I think that trade was great for the Knicks who didn't need Grimes anymore... but I'm not sold on why we would have benefitted from Bojan. Yes, he can shoot it, but imagine the defense of Steph/Klay/Bojan together... yikes.

I'd rather have him than CP3. And take Klay out of any lineup with Bojan.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3123 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:35 pm

Onus wrote:
TB wrote:Still rumors of Bucks after Wiggins... I think the only way the salaries match that would make me even remotely interested would be:

Not sure why the Bucks would do that though, unless we send draft assets too... but why would they want draft picks?

This. I don't want to hear any more Wiggins to anywhere. Just stop already.
Onus
RealGM

Post#3124 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:37 pm

killmongrel wrote:
TB wrote:I think that trade was great for the Knicks who didn't need Grimes anymore... but I'm not sold on why we would have benefitted from Bojan. Yes, he can shoot it, but imagine the defense of Steph/Klay/Bojan together... yikes.

Bojan replaces Klay not with Klay.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3125 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:39 pm

Onus wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Bojan replaces Klay not with Klay.

Exactly. But that would have only happen next season.

Not now though. :x
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#3126 » by HiRez » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:40 pm

Kuminga just passed Dejounte Murray in both EPM and DPM...

Unless there's a Markkanen or Mikal Bridges trade out there (very likely neither) then I don't know where an upgrade is coming from.

Olynyk seems like the most likely pickup on the fringes but I don't know how they clear space for him. Hopefully not TJD. [Hah, I'm late on all the news this morning.]

I'm pissed we didn't go after Gafford when he was apparently available. He would be a great win now and win later piece.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#3127 » by TB » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:42 pm

Bojan is old, shoots a ton, doesn't pass much, doesn't rebound, and plays no defense. Why trade for Bojan when we already have Klay to do the same thing?

Yes, he has shot it way better than Klay recently, but he's really not much of a different player.
TB
General Manager

Post#3128 » by TB » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:43 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Onus wrote:

This. I don't want to hear any more Wiggins to anywhere. Just stop already.

I agree, I dont want to trade Wiggins. But thats the closest I can get on the trade machine to something that would make sense... and I doubt its what the Bucks have in mind.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3129 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:44 pm

HiRez wrote:Kuminga just passed Dejounte Murray in both EPM and DPM...

Unless there's a Markkanen or Mikal Bridges trade out there (very likely neither) then I don't know where an upgrade is coming from.

Olynyk seems like the most likely pickup on the fringes but I don't know how they clear space for him. Hopefully not TJD.

Olynyk was traded for a 1st to the Raptors.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#3131 » by HiRez » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:45 pm

killmongrel wrote:

Olynyk seems like the most likely pickup on the fringes but I don't know how they clear space for him. Hopefully not TJD.

Yeah, I just saw it, damn. Not a good day for MDJ. Olynyk would be OK but Gafford would have been an amazing pickup.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3132 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:46 pm

TB wrote:Bojan is old, shoots a ton, doesn't pass much, doesn't rebound, and plays no defense. Why trade for Bojan when we already have Klay to do the same thing?

Yes, he has shot it way better than Klay recently, but he's really not much of a different player.

Because he's better than Klay. And when we hopefully let Klay walk in the summer, we can decide to keep Bojan, trade him, or let him walk for 2m. And we get CP3 off the team. Or we could have traded Klay for him.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3133 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:47 pm

HiRez wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Yeah, I just saw it, damn. Not a good day for MDJ. Olynyk would be OK but Gafford would have been an amazing pickup.

I wouldn't pay a 1st for Olynyk.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#3134 » by vvoland » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:48 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Onus wrote:
killmongrel wrote:Damn, just realized that Bojan's contract is only guaranteed for 2m next season if they don't pick it up for the full 20m. ****. That would have given the FO the flexibility they value so much. Should have traded CP3 and Moody for that.

Yea Bojan was a no brainer.

the only thing left is the magic putting in an offer for cp. Please get cp off the team. I have no faith in Kerr not to play CP/Curry/Klay.

I'm kind of pissed now. :lol:

Maybe they didn't want to do CP3 dirty like that. But I want to do what's best for the team. Getting a shooter/scorer like Bojan is what we need. The lineups we can do with him. And if the FO doesn't like him, trade him or let him walk this summer. Same thing they're gonna do with CP3, just 10m less. But they have other salaries they can add to that just in case. Dunleavy's first L.

The knicks could have included one of their less favorable 1sts if they wanted to beat our offer, had we made one. I like Bojan on this team as wiggins/klay insurance but if he has to play big minutes, we're probably done. If we're playing reasonably well, Bojan probably plays 20 mins a game but we would need to integrate him into our offensive and defensive schemes. Not sure CP3 and Moody would be appreciably worse than Bojan over the next 30 games.

If we make a playoff run, he would have been nice as a bench scorer. It's a good move for the knicks but not sure it moves the needle enough for us. The players they traded are low impact. The org clearly values what cp3 brings and I don't think anyone wants to give up on moody and use him as the asset for a rental.
TB
General Manager

Post#3135 » by TB » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:50 pm

I know its unlikely, but considering the Heat seeding and roster, I'd still try and swoop Jovic from them.

Saric and 2 2nd rounders for him.

I doubt Warriors do this since my assumption is they are bought into the idea of CP3 coming back and him/saric being vets on the 2nd unit.... but with Kuminga/Trayce improvements + Dray playing so much center, I'm not sure I see the need for Saric. Would be hard to sell the fans/vets on bringing in a future piece though. I just love the idea of a Podz/Kuminga/Moody/Jovic/Trayce future.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#3136 » by HiRez » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:51 pm

killmongrel wrote:
HiRez wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

No, I wouldn't either. For Gafford I probably would though, but since he doesn't shoot 3s, Kerr would have little use for him and he'd get the 15 minutes treatment.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3137 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:51 pm

vvoland wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Onus wrote:Yea Bojan was a no brainer.

the only thing left is the magic putting in an offer for cp. Please get cp off the team. I have no faith in Kerr not to play CP/Curry/Klay.

I'm kind of pissed now. :lol:

Maybe they didn't want to do CP3 dirty like that. But I want to do what's best for the team. Getting a shooter/scorer like Bojan is what we need. The lineups we can do with him. And if the FO doesn't like him, trade him or let him walk this summer. Same thing they're gonna do with CP3, just 10m less. But they have other salaries they can add to that just in case. Dunleavy's first L.

The knicks could have included one of their less favorable 1sts if they wanted to beat our offer, had we made one. I like Bojan on this team as wiggins/klay insurance but if he has to play big minutes, we're probably done. If we're playing reasonably well, Bojan probably plays 20 mins a game but we would need to integrate him into our offensive and defensive schemes. Not sure CP3 and Moody would be appreciably worse than Bojan over the next 30 games.

If we make a playoff run, he would have been nice as a bench scorer. It's a good move for the knicks but not sure it moves the needle enough for us. The players they traded are low impact. The org clearly values what cp3 brings and I don't think anyone wants to give up on moody and use him as the asset for a rental.

I'd rather have Bojan instead of Klay or CP3. The cost is Moody and seconds. But is he gonna play anyway? At least we get a good bench player who can provide more consistent shooting than either of those two. And he can start and close in some lineups. And his contract gives us almost as much flexibility as CP3's. I'll take it.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#3138 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:54 pm

HiRez wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
HiRez wrote:Yeah, I just saw it, damn. Not a good day for MDJ. Olynyk would be OK but Gafford would have been an amazing pickup.

No, I wouldn't either. For Gafford I probably would though, but since he doesn't shoot 3s, Kerr would have little use for him and he'd get the 15 minutes treatment.

Yeah Gafford's salary is probably a non starter for this FO.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#3139 » by vvoland » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:54 pm

TB wrote:I know its unlikely, but considering the Heat seeding and roster, I'd still try and swoop Jovic from them.

Saric and 2 2nd rounders for him.

I doubt Warriors do this since my assumption is they are bought into the idea of CP3 coming back and him/saric being vets on the 2nd unit.... but with Kuminga/Trayce improvements + Dray playing so much center, I'm not sure I see the need for Saric. Would be hard to sell the fans/vets on bringing in a future piece though. I just love the idea of a Podz/Kuminga/Moody/Jovic/Trayce future.

Really? That seems worse than any young core, maybe on par with this season's Wizards or Pistons. I'm super high on JK but I don't think the other 4 are NBA starters, granted I've seen very little of Jovic. I don't even mean this season, I mean as a reasonable career outcome. Obviously Podz, and to a lesser extent, Moody, have a higher ceiling than that.
Onus
RealGM

Post#3140 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:54 pm

killmongrel wrote:
HiRez wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

They also got ochai and the 1st is okc's.

Return to Golden State Warriors