ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 262

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3221 » by ShayDee » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:18 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
superunknown wrote:"murray wouldn't help"

The buy-low window has slammed shut conclusively

One of the more frustrating conversations I've had on here this year.. DJM has been balling out since Trae got hurt. Not only that, his defensive impact has spiked since then as well, because despite what was told to us, he's actually a very good on-ball defender of PGs because he's quick enough to mostly stay with him, but has elite size/length to really screw with them. Anyways, in ATL's last 18 games (all w/o Trae), here's DJM:

18 games (10-8)
+/- per game: +1.0

MPG: 37.7
PPG: 26.1
RPG: 5.6
APG: 9.2
SPG: 1.9
BPG: 0.4
TOPG: 3.1
FG% 45.8% (10.0 / 21.8)
3PT%: 37.4% (3.6 / 9.5)
FT%: 74.2% (2.6 / 3.4)

Would he have saved the season? Most likely not.. but this is what you get when you let him run an offense, and it sure as hell is better than what CP3 + any of the youth, to include Podz, Moody or Kuminga, would have brought to the table. And he likes guarding PGs! And Curry doesnt! The fit was immaculate

There was never a real "buy low" window. He was always only going to go for 2 frps and a rotational player. No team was willing to meet the price if not he would have been traded but right now to get him a team will actually have to cough up the initial asking price or more because the hawks are motivated to try and make it work
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,292

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3222 » by Onus » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:14 pm

I would love love love a trade of Klay for Jonathan Isaac somehow.

A lineup of Curry/Moody/Wiggins/Dray/Isaac drool
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#3223 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:58 pm

Onus wrote:I would love love love a trade of Klay for Jonathan Isaac somehow.

With moody at like 33% from 3 this season, that lineup would have major issues spacing/offense. Not to mention we can't sign and trade. Maybe CP3 gets moved to a team looking for immediate cap space and they give up enough assets to orlando for them to ship Isaac to us. I'm including a 3rd team because Orl doesn't need the cap savings, at all.
Onus
RealGM

Post#3224 » by Onus » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:05 pm

vvoland wrote:

With moody at like 33% from 3 this season, that lineup would have major issues spacing/offense. Not to mention we can't sign and trade. Maybe CP3 gets moved to a team looking for immediate cap space and they give up enough assets to orlando for them to ship Isaac to us. I'm including a 3rd team because Orl doesn't need the cap savings, at all.

Really it's not much worse than what we were throwing out with podz and jk in place of moody and isaac. And we'd have a alcatraz type defense.
vvoland
Senior

Post#3225 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:16 pm

Onus wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Really it's not much worse than what we were throwing out with podz and jk in place of moody and isaac. And we'd have a alcatraz type defense.

Which is why Kerr is leaning so heavy on 3 or 4 guard lineups and playing our only other shooter (Klay) as much as he is. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I assume that's what he's thinking - not enough shooting so play CP3 and Klay more. Same reason he didn't want to play wigs and JK together as the court shrunk like it's a 90s movie.
Onus
RealGM

Post#3226 » by Onus » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:24 pm

vvoland wrote:
Onus wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Which is why Kerr is leaning so heavy on 3 or 4 guard lineups and playing our only other shooter (Klay) as much as he is. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I assume that's what he's thinking - not enough shooting so play CP3 and Klay more. Same reason he didn't want to play wigs and JK together as the court shrunk like it's a 90s movie.

We just don't have enough shooting on the team, compared to all the other teams. Other teams play like 5 shooters, we have 2 on the entire team.
vvoland
Senior

Post#3227 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:36 pm

Onus wrote:
vvoland wrote:
Onus wrote:Really it's not much worse than what we were throwing out with podz and jk in place of moody and isaac. And we'd have a alcatraz type defense.

We just don't have enough shooting on the team, compared to all the other teams. Other teams play like 5 shooters, we have 2 on the entire team.

CP3, after an abysmal start to the season, has really turned it around. It's Moody, JK and Wigs that have killed our shooting. JK was 36% last season, 31% this year. Wigs was 39.6% last year, 35.6% this season and it's been a long way back to that number after his first few months. Moody went from 36.3 to 34.7 but his season has been super up and down: 35% in Nov, 25% in Dec, 28% in Feb, 35% in Mar.

After the preseason where JK was shooting 3's at like 40+%, I def had my hopes up. That'll teach me.
vvoland
Senior

Post#3228 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 3, 2024 12:29 am

Onus wrote:
vvoland wrote:
Onus wrote:Really it's not much worse than what we were throwing out with podz and jk in place of moody and isaac. And we'd have a alcatraz type defense.

Watching Isaiah roby shoot 3s over embiid right now makes me jealous.
vvoland
Senior

Post#3229 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:02 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:With Naz Reid playing out of his mind, I wonder if the wolves would be more open to trading kat.

Cp3, podz, and jk might get a conversation started.

Steph
Moody
Wiggs
Dray
Kat

That's really intriguing. Can we get under the tax with him though? Would almost assuredly have to not re-sign klay right.

If they trade those three, CP, JK, and Podz, let Klay and Looney walk, and take on KAT, they're about $6M under the tax line with 7 players signed. So no, they couldn't get under it with that scenario.

We could also move gp2's 9 mill for 4 2nd rounders, right?

In all seriousness, can the warriors package players in a trade this offseason with the 2nd apron restrictions being what they are? My understanding is that they can NOT but I have not read the cap.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,249

Post#3230 » by xdrta+ » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:46 pm

vvoland wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Onus wrote:That's really intriguing. Can we get under the tax with him though? Would almost assuredly have to not re-sign klay right.

If they trade those three, CP, JK, and Podz, let Klay and Looney walk, and take on KAT, they're about $6M under the tax line with 7 players signed. So no, they couldn't get under it with that scenario.

In all seriousness, can the warriors package players in a trade this offseason with the 2nd apron restrictions being what they are? My understanding is that they can NOT but I have not read the cap.

That restriction goes into effect July 1, with the start of the new season. After that, if you're over the 2nd apron after the trade it's not allowed. If they're under the 2nd apron line and aggregate players in a trade, they're hard-capped at the 2nd apron line.
vvoland
Senior

Post#3231 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:05 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
vvoland wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

That restriction goes into effect July 1, with the start of the new season. After that, if you're over the 2nd apron after the trade it's not allowed. If they're under the 2nd apron line and aggregate players in a trade, they're hard-capped at the 2nd apron line.

I assume the cap hold on Klay would make it impossible to get under the 2nd apron after jul 1st unless we renounce him and cp3? That said, we could aggregate CP3 and loon which would be 38M going out, of which only 3 is guaranteed. I stand by my prior post, with those contracts, some combo of podz/moody/JK/TJD and a couple of future 1st, we probably have the best trade package in the league.
Onus
RealGM

Post#3232 » by Onus » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:29 pm

vvoland wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
vvoland wrote:

I assume the cap hold on Klay would make it impossible to get under the 2nd apron after jul 1st unless we renounce him and cp3? That said, we could aggregate CP3 and loon which would be 38M going out, of which only 3 is guaranteed. I stand by my prior post, with those contracts, some combo of podz/moody/JK/TJD and a couple of future 1st, we probably have the best trade package in the league.

The way Wemby looks I'm going all in the next 2 years of Curry's prime. You want JK, Podz every single 1st we can give you everything is available.
vvoland
Senior

Post#3233 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:41 pm

Onus wrote:
vvoland wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

The way Wemby looks I'm going all in the next 2 years of Curry's prime. You want JK, Podz every single 1st we can give you everything is available.

Kat or PG13?
Onus
RealGM

Post#3234 » by Onus » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:12 pm

vvoland wrote:
Onus wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Kat or PG13?

From those 2 pg13 easily
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,053

Post#3235 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:29 pm

ShayDee wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
superunknown wrote:"murray wouldn't help"

The buy-low window has slammed shut conclusively

One of the more frustrating conversations I've had on here this year.. DJM has been balling out since Trae got hurt. Not only that, his defensive impact has spiked since then as well, because despite what was told to us, he's actually a very good on-ball defender of PGs because he's quick enough to mostly stay with him, but has elite size/length to really screw with them. Anyways, in ATL's last 18 games (all w/o Trae), here's DJM:

18 games (10-8)
+/- per game: +1.0

MPG: 37.7
PPG: 26.1
RPG: 5.6
APG: 9.2
SPG: 1.9
BPG: 0.4
TOPG: 3.1
FG% 45.8% (10.0 / 21.8)
3PT%: 37.4% (3.6 / 9.5)
FT%: 74.2% (2.6 / 3.4)

Would he have saved the season? Most likely not.. but this is what you get when you let him run an offense, and it sure as hell is better than what CP3 + any of the youth, to include Podz, Moody or Kuminga, would have brought to the table. And he likes guarding PGs! And Curry doesnt! The fit was immaculate

There was never a real "buy low" window. He was always only going to go for 2 frps and a rotational player. No team was willing to meet the price if not he would have been traded but right now to get him a team will actually have to cough up the initial asking price or more because the hawks are motivated to try and make it work

Whatever his market was in February, its more now

Personally I think ATL is in a no win situation here, because now with DJM showing out without Trae, its kinda pointing out that both need to be the PG to be good, and it also makes Trae's accomplishments look less special. Who knows how it goes.. but if CP3/JK/1st would have gotten it done in February, think it was a big mistake not to take it. Could have even helped end Klay's Warrior career.. just all kinds of upside

Virtually impossible now, but is what it is
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,249

Post#3236 » by xdrta+ » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:39 pm

vvoland wrote:... we could aggregate CP3 and loon which would be 38M going out, of which only 3 is guaranteed.

Only guaranteed salary counts going out.
vvoland
Senior

Post#3237 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:53 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
vvoland wrote:... we could aggregate CP3 and loon which would be 38M going out, of which only 3 is guaranteed.

Only guaranteed salary counts going out.

Man, there goes my pipedream. Thanks for ruining my dreams with your reality based trade rules.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#3238 » by killmongrel » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:29 pm

GP2 is not available for the play in. Time to move the guy this summer. Can't risk this bs with him again next season. His salary could be used to get somebody like Caruso.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#3239 » by Commodor » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:46 am

Curry in OKC will be a great fit and will make Dame's haul look cheap.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,269

Post#3240 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:20 am

Commodor wrote:Curry in OKC will be a great fit and will make Dame's haul look cheap.

He's 36. At most OKC will give the Warriors a bunch of FRPs projected in the latter half of the first round. They have too many of those anyways and they already have a young Big 3 so they don't need a lot of picks.

Return to Golden State Warriors