ImageImageImageImageImage

is Klay done?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,170

is Klay done? 

Post#1 » by cpower » Tue Nov 8, 2022 5:50 am

He is avging 15 pts on 48%TS and 33% on threes. (-6 BPM) Not to mention terrible defense all around..Is he trying to work his way back? i dont see it otherwise he would have stopped launching those ugly off balancing threes...I really hope he can get it together otherwise it will be a tough year for the organization.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Re: is Klay done? 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 5:54 am

he and JP will be making 70m next year and i dont think it's gonna be a great time
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#3 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:00 am

This was the first game that I actually felt that way. If this continues....Hate to break up the Splash brothers.

If Myers has to make a move, maybe it's
Klay and Wiseman and first rounder for AD?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#4 » by jaymo123 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:05 am

Not quite. I want to give him a week or two to decide. WTF is going on with Poole and the bench? Who the hell is number 40?
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#5 » by SpreeChokeJob » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:20 am

Maybe done as a starter playing defense against other elite starters. As a bench floor spacer, he can contribute. Poole Jerome Klay Moody Kuminga should provide lots of spacing, just no size. This bench should try to outscore the other bench.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#6 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:02 am

Klay needs to play behind wiggins in the offensive pecking order, not in front and not sharing center stage with steph anymore. He can still contribute, but needs to adjust his role and also not play with poole together.
zhuangcorp
Junior
And1: 65

Post#7 » by zhuangcorp » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:03 am

Klay and JP have been beyond terrible. If Warriors were teaching a class on buying stocks and cryptos, it would be: "buy them at their all time high and just hope for the best that you are not overpaying, even though you probably are"
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#8 » by GswStorm3 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:09 am

Kerr may need to have that uncomfortable sit down with Klay about his shot selection. The off balanced shots are just low percentage shots for him at this point.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#9 » by Romulus » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:22 am

What we really need now is an elite defending guard, someone who would really fit the system and compliment Curry and make the team better. Someone like... GPII. And to think, we had him, and all we had to do was match the Portland offer. Of course, that would have meant getting rid of someone like Wiseman. God forbid.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,336

Post#10 » by SpreeS » Tue Nov 8, 2022 10:32 am

Klay had two strong advantages over other: defence and shooting. He won't be positive defender, its clear as day. Shooting - who knows? He could stay avg in this department too.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#11 » by michaelm » Tue Nov 8, 2022 12:42 pm

Romulus wrote:What we really need now is an elite defending guard, someone who would really fit the system and compliment Curry and make the team better. Someone like... GPII. And to think, we had him, and all we had to do was match the Portland offer. Of course, that would have meant getting rid of someone like Wiseman. God forbid.

What it is looking like now is that all the luxury tax they are paying this year will be to no purpose. Not my money, but surely if the decision was made to run it back for one last year they could have done it with GP11 and OPJ and paid the extra luxury tax for that one year. Maybe they did not want to pay GP11 for multiple years as he deserved , but OPJ would have cost the same as JMG. They seem to have the worst of all possible worlds as it is, matters could hardly be worse if they were deliberately blowing it up, except they are paying hundreds of millions of luxury tax while doing so and 2 of the 3 cornerstones of their success appear not exactly gruntled.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,446

Post#12 » by Big J » Tue Nov 8, 2022 12:55 pm

Klay always starts the season slow. He uses the first few months to get his legs back. His defense in the finals against Jason Tatum was elite last year. Just give him a few months and he’ll go on a shooting streak. Same thing happened during one of the KD years.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#13 » by clyde21 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 3:34 pm

Romulus wrote:What we really need now is an elite defending guard, someone who would really fit the system and compliment Curry and make the team better. Someone like... GPII. And to think, we had him, and all we had to do was match the Portland offer. Of course, that would have meant getting rid of someone like Wiseman. God forbid.

we'd rather give 0 defense Poole 30m a pop instead BECAUSE HES THE CURRY REPLACEMENT :lol: :lol:
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#14 » by bicycle » Tue Nov 8, 2022 3:39 pm

clyde21 wrote:he and JP will be making 70m next year and i dont think it's gonna be a great time

I'm way more certain that one of those two is gone before next season than any of the Wiseman and under crew. You just can't build a good roster when two of your five highest paid guys can never share the floor.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#15 » by watch1958 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 3:57 pm

bicycle wrote:
clyde21 wrote:he and JP will be making 70m next year and i dont think it's gonna be a great time

I'm way more certain that one of those two is gone before next season than any of the Wiseman and under crew. You just can't build a good roster when two of your five highest paid guys can never share the floor.

Ironic that those two are blocking the one bench guy that has been kinda okay, Moody.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#16 » by clyde21 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:29 pm

bicycle wrote:

this is the most frustrating part because it's been brought up many times - you keep some players long enough and all you're doing is diminishing their trade value and you're getting cents on the dollar. Wiseman should've been traded during his rookie season. Poole, if he's to be traded, should've been traded this last off season. that's when they are at peak value. you don't wait until Poole's making 30m a pop to think about trading the dude.

the only thing that makes sense at this point is a Klay trade but after next season as a 40m expiring. that's when he'll bring the most value, otherwise it might be pointless to even go the trade route right now.

but again, that's what happens when fans get sentimental about their own players and completely miss the bigger picture. you inevitably end up selling low when you didn't have to.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,446

Post#17 » by Big J » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:40 pm

clyde21 wrote:
bicycle wrote:

this is the most frustrating part because it's been brought up many times - you keep some players long enough and all you're doing is diminishing their trade value and you're getting cents on the dollar. Wiseman should've been traded during his rookie season. Poole, if he's to be traded, should've been traded this last off season. that's when they are at peak value. you don't wait until Poole's making 30m a pop to think about trading the dude.

the only thing that makes sense at this point is a Klay trade but after next season as a 40m expiring. that's when he'll bring the most value, otherwise it might be pointless to even go the trade route right now.

but again, that's what happens when fans get sentimental about their own players and completely miss the bigger picture. you inevitably end up selling low when you didn't have to.

Yea, but a lot of people also thought that curry’s career was in jeopardy when he had the ankle stuff going on. If we’d sold him back then we would never have won ****.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,929

Post#18 » by whatisacenter » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:43 pm

I'm willing to give him more time but there is no denying that it has been a rough start for him.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#19 » by TB » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:45 pm

Real GMs probably don't make enough moves.

RealGMs probably would make too many moves.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#20 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:11 pm

clyde21 wrote:

we'd rather give 0 defense Poole 30m a pop instead BECAUSE HES THE CURRY REPLACEMENT :lol: :lol:

I rather give money to the guy who's has an amazing 3 year ascension than the guy that took 8 years to have one decent season as an 8th man.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors