YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes: 79

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Re: Is Moses Moody an NBA caliber player? 

Post#441 » by watch1958 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:46 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
bicycle wrote:Is Moses Moody an NBA caliber player?
If he was, I am sure he’d have played more. :roll:

When I made my 14&15 smoldering dumpster fire prediction I hadn’t even considered the possibility that Klay and Wiggins would get out of JK and Moody’s way.

But will Kerr?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#442 » by wco81 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:07 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
bicycle wrote:Is Moses Moody an NBA caliber player?
If he was, I am sure he’d have played more. :roll:

When I made my 14&15 smoldering dumpster fire prediction I hadn’t even considered the possibility that Klay and Wiggins would get out of JK and Moody’s way.

Moody has had two very good games.

He's not yet Wiggins of the playoffs in 2022.

Team still needs that Wiggins, whether or not he plays again this season. And even if he did return fairly soon, no guarantee that Wiggins himself will regain that form either.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#443 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:38 am

wco81 wrote:He's not yet Wiggins of the playoffs in 2022.

He hasn’t been 2022 playoffs Wiggins for the vast majority of his career.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#444 » by Sandy333 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:51 am

Onus wrote:
Sandy333 wrote:
Onus wrote:He's never going to shoot better than Klay. He needs to take advantage of this opportunity like Podz did.
I meant Moody is already a better defender than Klay, his shooting was at good baseline level
When he joined the team.fact that he has nor improved much is down to coaching. He is still a better shooter than Podz currently.

I mean everyone is a better defender than Klay. Klay currently is a cone. His rebounding is horrific. Really I think Moody needs to prove that we don't need Klay for next year. He needs to make it completely obvious. It's obvious defensively, but Kerr for some reason doesn't care about defense now.

Is Moody a better shooter than Podz? Podz is a better on ball shooter, but Moody can get his shot off on more closeouts. Really it's probably a wash even though Podz has gotten more up than Moses ever has. But neither is really an elite shooter right now, though this being Podz 1st year gives him some room. Moses also hasn't had a solid rotation minutes so he's never gotten settled either so there's some room for improvement. But they aren't the next coming of the splash brothers.

A Denver player shot 10 off 10 in the last game. That is the kind of efficiency needed to win games these days. No wonder Denver is so good in the clutch. When poppovich was working on Kwahi, he was allowed to shoot a certain shot only when he able to shoot very high percentage with it. Kwahi only shot only type of shot, he gradually added other shots as he got good efficiency on the other shots.
It is little difficult to improve one's game when you are playing night in night out. It was no surprise that warriors improved after they got a break due to the coaches death.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#445 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:45 pm

He still does that move where he dribbles to the elbow, picks up his dribble, and gets stuck. You would think after 3 years in the league he would know not to do that, especially since he does it frequently. That's the kind of stuff that worries me about him, it tells me he doesn't have a good feel for the game.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Sandy333
Sophomore

Post#446 » by Sandy333 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:17 am

Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:a Curry/Moody/JK/Wiggins/Dray lineup does look like a great defensive lineup.

Would absolutely love to start games like this, since for whatever reason in Q1, Dray has become a sharpshooter from deep. Closing the game would depend on how Moody/Wiggins were shooting that day, or if the team was protecting a lead. But that lineup has serious defensive potential. And if they want to go full defense for some stints, subbing out Kuminga for GP2 could work as well. Or if the opposing team has good defenders inside

Really it must be because he has his legs at the start of games. Then as the game wears on his legs are gone and he can't shoot.

Most teams without a decent big need to scramble a lot on defence. But warriors are only team that run and scramble on offence as well, leading to leg burnout very quickly and poor shooting later
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,276

Post#447 » by Onus » Tue Mar 5, 2024 1:29 pm

Sandy333 wrote:
Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Would absolutely love to start games like this, since for whatever reason in Q1, Dray has become a sharpshooter from deep. Closing the game would depend on how Moody/Wiggins were shooting that day, or if the team was protecting a lead. But that lineup has serious defensive potential. And if they want to go full defense for some stints, subbing out Kuminga for GP2 could work as well. Or if the opposing team has good defenders inside

Really it must be because he has his legs at the start of games. Then as the game wears on his legs are gone and he can't shoot.

Most teams without a decent big need to scramble a lot on defence. But warriors are only team that run and scramble on offence as well, leading to leg burnout very quickly and poor shooting later

They must know that they’re taxing green a lot. I don’t think he’s played 30 m since before the all star break.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#448 » by bay2hk » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:14 pm

Podz and Wigs are back tomorrow. Too bad for Moody as he was playing well. The logjam at SG/SF needs to be addressed this offseason. One of Klay, Wiggins or Moody need to go.
Onus
RealGM

Post#449 » by Onus » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:43 pm

Moody apparently earned a spot in the rotation… going to be interesting who’s minutes get cut
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#450 » by floppymoose » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:50 am

Sandy333
Sophomore

Post#451 » by Sandy333 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:39 pm

wco81 wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
watch1958 wrote:If he was, I am sure he’d have played more. :roll:

Team still needs that Wiggins, whether or not he plays again this season. And even if he did return fairly soon, no guarantee that Wiggins himself will regain that form either.

These two three good games against specific opposition will not cut it. Jk, Moody stink up games regularly and warriors are not good enough to compensate for that.
Also Kerr is master of deflecting blame on to the player. One of JK, Moody , will be blamed for any loss.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,049

Post#452 » by Jester_ » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:18 pm

Sandy333 wrote:
wco81 wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

These two three good games against specific opposition will not cut it. Jk, Moody stink up games regularly and warriors are not good enough to compensate for that.
Also Kerr is master of deflecting blame on to the player. One of JK, Moody , will be blamed for any loss.

I love that Kerr compared him to Looney

"If he works hard, he can be Kevon Looney!"

truly a masterclass in motivation
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#453 » by watch1958 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:40 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Sandy333 wrote:
wco81 wrote:

I love that Kerr compared him to Looney

"If he works hard, he can be Kevon Looney!"

truly a masterclass in motivation
Kerr wants him to take a Looneyesque extension.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#454 » by bicycle » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:22 am

Sandy333 wrote:
wco81 wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

We've got more than two guys stinking up games regularly, but these two at least there's good reason to think they'll learn to do it less, based on their age.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#455 » by superunknown » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:58 am

he is, and he should play more minutes and even starting sometimes.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#456 » by WarriorGM » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:01 am

Third game with the highest plus-minus in the game since he re-entered the rotation.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#457 » by Nvnervous45 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:25 am

Kuminga's better!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#458 » by wco81 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:15 am

2-11 and 0-6 for 9 points on 26 minutes vs. Spurs.

In the last 9 games before this one, his minutes are up to 19.1 and he's shooting 46,9/32.1/66.7 for 8.1 PPG.

That's like an average role player, never mind even a decent starter.

This is the guy people here wants to take away Klay's minutes? GMAFB.

You still have to score in this game and Moody's defense isn't good enough for the negligible factor he is on offense.

With Curry out, only Klay and JK can score. No gravity to create easy baskets either.

Even when Wiggins was shooting his best, his shot was barely reliable.
Onus
RealGM

Post#459 » by Onus » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:28 am

wco81 wrote:2-11 and 0-6 for 9 points on 26 minutes vs. Spurs.

In the last 9 games before this one, his minutes are up to 19.1 and he's shooting 46,9/32.1/66.7 for 8.1 PPG.

That's like an average role player, never mind even a decent starter.

This is the guy people here wants to take away Klay's minutes? GMAFB.

You still have to score in this game and Moody's defense isn't good enough for the negligible factor he is on offense.

With Curry out, only Klay and JK can score. No gravity to create easy baskets either.

Even when Wiggins was shooting his best, his shot was barely reliable.

The thing is curry allows you to play avg to below avg offensive players because his gravity is so large. That’s been the secret sauce. You surround underpaid defensive players around curry and he turns them into serviceable offensive players. We’ve never had a lot of offensive talent. We’ve also had more defensive talent.

The issue is that Klay can no longer hold his role defensively. You can’t hide him on defense because his rebounding is horrendous and he can’t keep guards in front of him and he’s terrible off the ball. We really need someone else that can put the ball into the hoop and not be a defensive liability.
Sandy333
Sophomore

Post#460 » by Sandy333 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:01 pm

Iam afraid it's too late fir Moody and kuminga. Kerr the highest paid coach in the league has pissed away thier carrers by wasting them. Kerr is wasting Podz by running him to the ground as well. Podz has lost the defensive punch in the last few games.

Return to Golden State Warriors