YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes: 80

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,071

Re: Is Moses Moody an NBA caliber player? 

Post#521 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:35 am

sonnyhill wrote:Interesting take on Moody and the Warriors

Warriors REVEAL Moses Moody Plan For Upcoming Season + Trade Coming? Warriors News & Rumors

I mean Allie's solid (she uses some archaic metrics for her takes but w/e).. but that interesting take has been the same take as a ton of this board, a ton of fans who were chanting for Moses Moody just to get in the game during the season.. its nothing new. Its a question that a lot of general NBA talking heads have mentioned (Zach Lowe, Bill Simmons, JJ Redick).. the interesting thing is that Kerr seems to disagree with all of them despite Moody having success

And the crazy thing is, Moody's numbers are solid despite the fact that he's jerked around and tentative. If he was given more free reign, the logical expectation is that they'd improve. Maybe not much, but he's already returning solid value - good defense, about 1 pt every 2 minutes, excellent rebounding for a SG/SF, above average steal rate, and way above average block rate (more importantly, well above average challenge rate)

But here we are, same as 12 months ago, waiting for Kerr to unleash Moody after he's again been one of few players to show up in the Warriors most important games to end the season :banghead:
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#522 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:50 pm

That channel is just an aggregator. Literally never learn anything new there.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,071

Post#523 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm

If I didnt hear it anywhere else, I did :dontknow:

But yeah most people who do "general" updates on the league are just taking takes from others.. I havent seen her highlight things are crazy wrong though, so I give her more credit for that
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,694

Post#524 » by WarriorGM » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:26 pm

In 2021 Steph took a team composed of Draymond, Wiggins, Oubre, and Bazemore to a .540 record.

Having 4 Moses Moodys might be better than those 4.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#525 » by watch1958 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:19 pm

Onus wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
wco81 wrote:

Buck stopped with Myers or was he overruled in some of these picks?

Thing I worry about is whether the scouting department is the same and pushing similar recommendations up the chain.

So even though Myers is gone, who knows if they will keep getting the same flawed scouting reports.

Warriors are going to go back into the top 5 range in a few years.

Wiseman draft was a bad draft. You can’t blame the Warriors for not realizing that Haliburton was the 2nd best player in the draft. Other teams also could not figure out that Haliburton was the 2nd best player in the draft. We needed a tall mobile center so we drafted one. We failed to understand that this nice book smart boy Wiseman was defective at basketball instincts.

2 timelines was a mistake. We should have traded the Wiseman pick for future draft picks on focussed on acquiring people like Bjelica and Otto Porter. Wiseman by rule was highly paid. Lamb contributed more than Wiseman. Lamb outplayed Kuminga prior to this year.

There is nothing wrong with the Kuminga pick. Darius Myles and Stromile Swift never developed where as Kuminga is now a skilled driver. Other than driving to the hoop and on ball man defense Kuminga is not particularly good at anything but being good at something is enough for me. So many draft picks are busts that never got good at anything.

I would have preferred drafting Sengun to Moody but the Moody pick was not bad because the players drafted after Moody are mostly not better than Moody. That Moody draft was not deep enough to get a good player where we drafted Moody without luck or better than average skill at drafting.

Most of the drafts are not that great.

The wiseman draft was whatever. There aren’t many impact players drafted in that draft. That draft was just a weak draft. Whatever. We took a swing and missed.

The jk draft is littered with impact players. We had two swings and missed on both. Jk is not good. He’s probably slightly above avg as a driver an elite finisher and then below avg at every other aspect of basketball. Moody is jag which is fine but Murphy is without a doubt better. We drafted rotation players while there were impact players on the board. That draft was hands down a horrible draft that we absolutely wiffed on. We’ve gotten nothing from that draft when we should’ve gotten at least 1 impact player.

Odd thing is, Moody and Murphy have played almost the same number of postseason minutes. Their totals are almost identical in nearly every single category.

Except shooting & scoring. Per 36, Moses has been a much better shooter & scorer in the playoffs. Weird.

For the record, I love Trey. Moses & Trey were the two I wanted from that draft.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,316

Post#526 » by Onus » Thu May 2, 2024 6:22 pm

watch1958 wrote:
Onus wrote:
Wiseman draft was a bad draft. You can’t blame the Warriors for not realizing that Haliburton was the 2nd best player in the draft. Other teams also could not figure out that Haliburton was the 2nd best player in the draft. We needed a tall mobile center so we drafted one. We failed to understand that this nice book smart boy Wiseman was defective at basketball instincts.

2 timelines was a mistake. We should have traded the Wiseman pick for future draft picks on focussed on acquiring people like Bjelica and Otto Porter. Wiseman by rule was highly paid. Lamb contributed more than Wiseman. Lamb outplayed Kuminga prior to this year.

There is nothing wrong with the Kuminga pick. Darius Myles and Stromile Swift never developed where as Kuminga is now a skilled driver. Other than driving to the hoop and on ball man defense Kuminga is not particularly good at anything but being good at something is enough for me. So many draft picks are busts that never got good at anything.

I would have preferred drafting Sengun to Moody but the Moody pick was not bad because the players drafted after Moody are mostly not better than Moody. That Moody draft was not deep enough to get a good player where we drafted Moody without luck or better than average skill at drafting.

Most of the drafts are not that great.

The wiseman draft was whatever. There aren’t many impact players drafted in that draft. That draft was just a weak draft. Whatever. We took a swing and missed.

The jk draft is littered with impact players. We had two swings and missed on both. Jk is not good. He’s probably slightly above avg as a driver an elite finisher and then below avg at every other aspect of basketball. Moody is jag which is fine but Murphy is without a doubt better. We drafted rotation players while there were impact players on the board. That draft was hands down a horrible draft that we absolutely wiffed on. We’ve gotten nothing from that draft when we should’ve gotten at least 1 impact player.

Odd thing is, Moody and Murphy have played almost the same number of postseason minutes. Their totals are almost identical in nearly every single category.

Except shooting & scoring. Per 36, Moses has been a much better shooter & scorer in the playoffs. Weird.

For the record, I love Trey. Moses & Trey were the two I wanted from that draft.

i think Moses can be a player but it won't happen until Klay is off the team.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,690

Post#527 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri May 3, 2024 12:14 am

Onus wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
Onus wrote:The wiseman draft was whatever. There aren’t many impact players drafted in that draft. That draft was just a weak draft. Whatever. We took a swing and missed.

Moody’s problem is Moody not Kerr and Klay. Podz got minutes. Kerr would play Moody if there was a reason to play Moody.
There were ways to not play Klay that did not require playing Moody.

Moody is a player but 8th or 9th man. 8th men are not nothing.

Moody has to outplay Payton and Podz before we should blame the Kerr Klay relationship. Podz got big minutes. If Moody could handle the ball like Podz maybe he could have had Podz minutes.

If Klay drops dead that does not guarantee Moody 20 minutes per game. Moody is not a Payton level defensive pest,not a Podz Level ball handler and not a Klay level volume chucker who is good at offense when he is hot. Even when Moody is hot I don’t think you can ask Moody to be a Klay level scoring threat volume shooter.

Moody was supposed to be a defender and he is a decent defender but he is not such a good defender that he can get big minutes based on his defense.

I like the Podz, Payton,Quinones, Moody depth but I want a starter who can defend better than any of them and score better than any of them. If Klay goes I want us to acquire a starter level off guard but that means even less minutes for Moody.

When Curry was not hot we needed something from Klay that Moody could not give us and that Klay could only give us in half of his games. Kuminga helped but Kuminga does not space the floor. Dray passing plus Curry, Klay, Kuminga and Wiggins is only a good offense when they all are playing better than their average games.

Moody should probably be part of our trade for a starter level off guard. I think Payton is past has begun his decline from age. Moody, Payton, Chris Paul and 3 1st round picks and cash for DeJounte Murray, a 7 foot big strong 3rd string center and a ultra fast 8 minute per game dribble stopper defensive pest back up point guard who sucks on offense.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,316

Post#528 » by Onus » Fri May 3, 2024 2:36 am

Onus wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Odd thing is, Moody and Murphy have played almost the same number of postseason minutes. Their totals are almost identical in nearly every single category.

Moody’s problem is Moody not Kerr and Klay. Podz got minutes. Kerr would play Moody if there was a reason to play Moody.
There were ways to not play Klay that did not require playing Moody.

Moody is a player but 8th or 9th man. 8th men are not nothing.

Moody has to outplay Payton and Podz before we should blame the Kerr Klay relationship. Podz got big minutes. If Moody could handle the ball like Podz maybe he could have had Podz minutes.

If Klay drops dead that does not guarantee Moody 20 minutes per game. Moody is not a Payton level defensive pest,not a Podz Level ball handler and not a Klay level volume chucker who is good at offense when he is hot. Even when Moody is hot I don’t think you can ask Moody to be a Klay level scoring threat volume shooter.

Moody was supposed to be a defender and he is a decent defender but he is not such a good defender that he can get big minutes based on his defense.

I like the Podz, Payton,Quinones, Moody depth but I want a starter who can defend better than any of them and score better than any of them. If Klay goes I want us to acquire a starter level off guard but that means even less minutes for Moody.

When Curry was not hot we needed something from Klay that Moody could not give us and that Klay could only give us in half of his games. Kuminga helped but Kuminga does not space the floor. Dray passing plus Curry, Klay, Kuminga and Wiggins is only a good offense when they all are playing better than their average games.

Moody should probably be part of our trade for a starter level off guard. I think Payton is past has begun his decline from age. Moody, Payton, Chris Paul and 3 1st round picks and cash for DeJounte Murray, a 7 foot big strong 3rd string center and a ultra fast 8 minute per game dribble stopper defensive pest back up point guard who sucks on offense.

You realize when Klay missed a game moody started right?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#529 » by EvanZ » Fri May 3, 2024 5:11 pm

Sometimes man, I just don't know what planet you are from. You are the biggest space cadet on this board. Just completely bonkers troll-level takes. It's honestly too funny to even be mad at this point. You keep doing you. Like seriously...I am not kidding here...I started reading your post without seeing who wrote it and within literally 3 seconds of reading I knew it was one of your **** posts. Absolutely Grade A junk poster here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.

Return to Golden State Warriors