ImageImageImageImageImage

There's a proven blueprint for success. So why didn't the Dubs follow it?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Re: There's a proven blueprint for success. So why didn't the Dubs follow it? 

Post#81 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:50 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
vvoland wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
When did Quinones have to play better than Moody to get minutes? Hmm....

Q is not playing over Moody. Q is playing 3rd string PG, Kerr almost never plays moody as a guard since Kerr seems to think anyone not a PG is a forward. Moody will only get playing time over wiggs, jk or klay. He won't play in place of our ball-handling guards like podz, curry or q.

Whether we agree with that is moot. Kerr seems determined to play 3 ball handlers on the floor or dray/curry. I think it's a bit conservative but he trusts klay, jk and wigs to dribble even less than i do. If you can't attack the rim and then not panic and dribble out of the paint, he won't really let you dribble anymore.

Q started playing when cp3 got hurt and cojo started slipping further in the lineup. With the cojo trade, q's role increased. Moody is not relevant to that conversation (as far as Kerr is concerned, at least).

Q played 16 minutes last night, 12.5 of them were with Podz. If he is the 3rd PG - and I'm not saying he isn't - then Kerr is playing a 2 PG lineup almost exclusively when Curry sits. Thats with guys like Saric (capable passer/handler for a big), GP2, and typically a forward/center that doesnt shoot well consistently (JK/Wiggins/TJD/Looney)

If that is Kerr's idea, its absolutely fair to question it, because its godawful on paper unless Q is going off offensively. Klay saved the day yesterday, but thats not something to bank on, at least not at that level

Quinones and Payton do not see the open men and pass like point guards. Podz does play like a point guard.
Podz can dump the ball to Quinones and then get the ball back from Quinones if the ball pressure gets to much for Podz. Quinones will not cough up the ball and Quinones might create something off the dribble for himself but Quinones is not a point guard and Quinones will not create much for others.

Return to Golden State Warriors