ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors trade Poole, Rollins, Baldwin Jr., 2027 #2, 2030 protected #1 to Wizards for Chris Paul

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,104

Re: Warriors trade Poole, Rollins, Baldwin Jr., 2027 #2, 2030 protected #1 to Wizards for Chris Paul 

Post#501 » by DonaldSanders » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:24 pm

CP's metrics overall were good. +.7 EPM, +3.4 on-court, +1.2 on/off

He was never coming back for a 2nd year unless we somehow won a chip... even then he might have been a cap casualty. He was a good backup, but we did the trade for salary/trade flexibility to move off from Poole, who had a bad year.

There's really no argument that it was a bad trade for us, the only downside was Steve using him in 4th Q midget lineups... and that's a Steve issue that will unfortunately likely still exist. Who knows who will be Steve's new midget 3 guard guy next year?
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Re: Warriors trade Poole, Rollins, Baldwin Jr., 2027 #2, 2030 protected #1 to Wizards for Chris Paul 

Post#502 » by Chupchup » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:11 pm

It's TBD on whether this is a good trade or bad trade. If I understand it correctly, we still can trade him before the June 28th option pick up deadline. So let's see what we can get. It's a 30 mil get out of jail card for someone out there.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,808

Post#503 » by floppymoose » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:45 pm

This trade was amazing. CP could have never played and this trade would still be a home run. CP has the extraordinary value of NOT BEING JORDAN POOLE ON A 4 YEAR 140 MILLION DEAL.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#504 » by vvoland » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 pm

floppymoose wrote:This trade was amazing. CP could have never played and this trade would still be a home run. CP has the extraordinary value of NOT BEING JORDAN POOLE ON A 4 YEAR 140 MILLION DEAL.

THIS.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,084

Post#505 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pm

This was a great trade: Warriors were better this season than last. CP3 is better than Poole. And we got off Poole's horrible contract and gained some flexibility for a trade or to clear the books. A+!
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,808

Post#506 » by floppymoose » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 am

I have to admit part of me is darkly curious about what this season would have looked like with Dray and Poole both on the team. I think most likely:
Poole dead and Dray in prison
Next most likely:
Poole dead and Dray/Dunleavy in a Thelma and Louise
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#507 » by B-King » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 am

I feel like we pulled the trigger too early and should have waited. There had to be some team out there that would take him off our hands without us throwing a first to boot. Charlotte is a team that comes to mind. Paul just wasn’t a good fit for our team. He wasn’t going to make that much of a difference.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 83

Post#508 » by billinder33 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 pm

The trade was probably made first and foremost for JPs safety.

He might not have made it back from the Detroit road trip, if you know what I mean.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#509 » by thunderdunk » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:09 am

Poole, Rollins, and PBJ? This trade was a home run, even if they get nothing back for CP3 this summer. If they're able to get back a valuable player or two -- then it was a grand slam.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#510 » by thunderdunk » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:12 am

B-King wrote:I feel like we pulled the trigger too early and should have waited. There had to be some team out there that would take him off our hands without us throwing a first to boot. Charlotte is a team that comes to mind. Paul just wasn’t a good fit for our team. He wasn’t going to make that much of a difference.

My guess is that the #1 never happens. Getting rid of a $140M Poole contract was easily worth it -- especially with the tax multiplier.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 87

Post#511 » by Scotty2Hotty » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:41 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
CP3 was better offensively and defensively than Poole this year to boot

Wrong yet again.

Paul 9.2 PPG

Poole 17.4 PPG
Scotty2Hotty
Junior

Post#512 » by Scotty2Hotty » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Warriors were better this season than last. CP3 is better than Poole.

10th seed and one & done. Maybe we can bring CP3 back, get the 12th seed and it'll be ever a better year.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior

Post#513 » by Scotty2Hotty » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:50 am

B-King wrote: Paul just wasn’t a good fit for our team. He wasn’t going to make that much of a difference.

THIS.

Any backup PG can get 9 PPG.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#514 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:16 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Wrong yet again.

Paul 9.2 PPG

Poole 17.4 PPG

So offensive value is just points per game?

Bless your heart.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,153

Post#515 » by TB » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:35 pm

B-King wrote:I feel like we pulled the trigger too early and should have waited. There had to be some team out there that would take him off our hands without us throwing a first to boot. Charlotte is a team that comes to mind. Paul just wasn’t a good fit for our team. He wasn’t going to make that much of a difference.

I dunno, Poole was coming off a very bad year. And his first few months this season he was literally the worst player in the NBA being laughed about on a nightly basis. Hard to imagine waiting any longer was going to somehow up his value on the Warriors before finding a better trade. He's totally un-tradable now.... the fact we got an expiring that could fill all his minutes better than he could was a miracle.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#516 » by Onus » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:39 pm

TB wrote:

I dunno, Poole was coming off a very bad year. And his first few months this season he was literally the worst player in the NBA being laughed about on a nightly basis. Hard to imagine waiting any longer was going to somehow up his value on the Warriors before finding a better trade. He's totally un-tradable now.... the fact we got an expiring that could fill all his minutes better than he could was a miracle.

Poole literally gave up on the team last season and people wanted him to still be on the team? I get the circumstances but Poole quit trying last year. There was no way he could be on the team this year.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,061

Post#517 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:28 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Wrong yet again.

Paul 9.2 PPG

Poole 17.4 PPG

Clearly you have mastered basketball analysis and are just flexing on the rest of us

Best passing PG in his generation.. reminds me of this one:

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,061

Post#518 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:30 pm

TB wrote:

Had a terrible 4th year when he couldnt take teams by surprise anymore

Was traded

Had a terrible 5th year but had the old signature "rejuvenation in March/April!" that also fooled some here re: Klay

Long time Warrior fans should be very wary of the March/April success of young players.. saw that movie on repeat for about a decade. Gets hopes up that they turned a corner, but really they just did a little better against weaker comp to end the season, and as soon as games matter again, back in their toilet they go
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#519 » by B-King » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:44 pm

Onus wrote:
TB wrote:

Poole literally gave up on the team last season and people wanted him to still be on the team? I get the circumstances but Poole quit trying last year. There was no way he could be on the team this year.

I totally agree that he gave up on the team and couldn't remain. He has some elite skills on the offensive side that I thought someone would bite on. No clue how many teams the FO talked to. I blame the Lacob "Light Years ahead" for other teams punishing us. hehe
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#520 » by vvoland » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:07 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
TB wrote:

Had a terrible 4th year when he couldnt take teams by surprise anymore

Was traded

Had a terrible 5th year but had the old signature "rejuvenation in March/April!" that also fooled some here re: Klay

Long time Warrior fans should be very wary of the March/April success of young players.. saw that movie on repeat for about a decade. Gets hopes up that they turned a corner, but really they just did a little better against weaker comp to end the season, and as soon as games matter again, back in their toilet they go

It's so weird this is even a conversation. Poole went from possibly the worst starter in the nba to definitely the worst starter in the nba. He was so bad this year, the MF-ING Washington MF-ing Wizards BENCHED him. If that's not proof enough, I don't know what else he could do other than pull a permanent ricky davis and start shooting at his own hoop until someone draymond's him.

Return to Golden State Warriors