Potential big moves 2023-24

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Re: Potential big moves 2023-24 

Post#701 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:29 pm

Man, I wish we had Goga.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#702 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:36 pm

Mikal Bridges' stock at the moment is the lowest it's ever been. Brooklyn to no surprise is bad and he doesn't really match their timeline. If the Warriors want to make an all in move, they should go for him. Trade Kuminga, Moody, CP3, 2 1sts, Seconds for Mikal Bridges and Spencer Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie comes off the books this summer.

Keep Wiggins if you can't offload his contract without giving up significant assets. I am not using a 1st or one of Podz or TJD just to get rid of Wiggins. I'd rather just gamble on the hopium that he eventually gets his **** together. Maybe trade small contracts and seconds to get OPJ from the Raptors.

Steph/Dinwiddie
Klay/GP2/Podz
Bridges/Wiggins
Draymond/OPJ/Santos
Looney/Saric/TJD
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,154

Post#703 » by TB » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:41 pm

killmongrel wrote:Mikal Bridges' stock at the moment is the lowest it's ever been. Brooklyn to no surprise is bad and he doesn't really match their timeline. If the Warriors want to make an all in move, they should go for him. Trade Kuminga, Moody, CP3, 2 1sts, Seconds for Mikal Bridges and Spencer Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie comes off the books this summer.

Keep Wiggins if you can't offload his contract without giving up significant assets. I am not using a 1st or one of Podz or TJD just to get rid of Wiggins. I'd rather just gamble on the hopium that he eventually gets his **** together. Maybe trade small contracts and seconds to get OPJ from the Raptors.

Steph/Dinwiddie
Klay/GP2/Podz
Bridges/Wiggins
Draymond/OPJ/Santos
Looney/Saric/TJD

Getting Bridges would be fantastic... not sure how much I'd trade out, but definitely worth some phone calls.

Wonder if they would trade him for expirings if it meant getting rid of Simmons.... Klay/CP3 would do the trick :wink:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#704 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:43 pm

Wild that Wiggins is only 1 1/2 years older than Mikal.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
TB
General Manager

Post#705 » by TB » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:47 pm

If we bring in Simmons maybe he and Wiggins will be happier since they would have someone else to talk to about hating their day job.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#706 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:52 pm

TB wrote:
killmongrel wrote:Mikal Bridges' stock at the moment is the lowest it's ever been. Brooklyn to no surprise is bad and he doesn't really match their timeline. If the Warriors want to make an all in move, they should go for him. Trade Kuminga, Moody, CP3, 2 1sts, Seconds for Mikal Bridges and Spencer Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie comes off the books this summer.

Steph/Dinwiddie
Klay/GP2/Podz
Bridges/Wiggins
Draymond/OPJ/Santos
Looney/Saric/TJD

Getting Bridges would be fantastic... not sure how much I'd trade out, but definitely worth some phone calls.

Wonder if they would trade him for expirings if it meant getting rid of Simmons.... Klay/CP3 would do the trick :wink:
I just don't think Lacob has any intention of trading any of the core. They'd rather let him walk. And Simmons becomes an expiring next season so it's not like Brooklyn is stuck with him much longer. I'll just hope that 2 1sts is enough to get the deal done. But honestly, I would consider giving another. Mikal isn't a super star, but I do think you can win a championship with him being the second best player. And if Wiggins comes back into form, you could possibly have two elite wing defenders. And you now have a young core of Bridges, Podz, TJD, and possibly Wiggins.
TB
General Manager

Post#707 » by TB » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:00 pm

killmongrel wrote:
TB wrote:

Steph/Dinwiddie
Klay/GP2/Podz
Bridges/Wiggins
Draymond/OPJ/Santos
Looney/Saric/TJD

I just don't think Lacob has any intention of trading any of the core. They'd rather let him walk. And Simmons becomes an expiring next season so it's not like Brooklyn is stuck with him much longer. I'll just hope that 2 1sts is enough to get the deal done. But honestly, I would consider giving another. Mikal isn't a super star, but I do think you can win a championship with him being the second best player. And if Wiggins comes back into form, you could possibly have two elite wing defenders. And you now have a young core of Bridges, Podz, TJD, and possibly Wiggins.

Agreed about likely klay/simmons stuff as well as Bridges being in the category of someone worth unloading a ton of assets for.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#708 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:27 pm

killmongrel wrote: I just don't think Lacob has any intention of trading any of the core. They'd rather let him walk. And Simmons becomes an expiring next season so it's not like Brooklyn is stuck with him much longer. I'll just hope that 2 1sts is enough to get the deal done. But honestly, I would consider giving another. Mikal isn't a super star, but I do think you can win a championship with him being the second best player. And if Wiggins comes back into form, you could possibly have two elite wing defenders. And you now have a young core of Bridges, Podz, TJD, and possibly Wiggins.

Bridges will be 28 next season. Wiggins 29. Neither should be considered "young".
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#709 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:38 pm

EvanZ wrote:
killmongrel wrote: I just don't think Lacob has any intention of trading any of the core. They'd rather let him walk. And Simmons becomes an expiring next season so it's not like Brooklyn is stuck with him much longer. I'll just hope that 2 1sts is enough to get the deal done. But honestly, I would consider giving another. Mikal isn't a super star, but I do think you can win a championship with him being the second best player. And if Wiggins comes back into form, you could possibly have two elite wing defenders. And you now have a young core of Bridges, Podz, TJD, and possibly Wiggins.

Bridges will be 28 next season. Wiggins 29. Neither should be considered "young".

I'm just saying, compared to our core vets, youngish.
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#710 » by bicycle » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:47 pm

Steph/Klay/Bridges/Dray/Loon is supposed to be a championship lineup?
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,190

Post#711 » by cpower » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:52 pm

bicycle wrote:Steph/Klay/Bridges/Dray/Loon is supposed to be a championship lineup?

worth a shot. Loon for Saric if you need more offense
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#712 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:54 pm

bicycle wrote:Steph/Klay/Bridges/Dray/Loon is supposed to be a championship lineup?

Maybe Wiggins gets back to or close to his best form. Then Steph/Klay/Bridges/Wiggins/Dray is a lineup that can compete.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#713 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:58 pm

cpower wrote:

Yep. It's a one last shot type of thing. I don't see better options if we're still committed to giving Steph the best chance to compete. Maybe get a center in a smaller trade using Looney's, etc, contract. Maybe by acquiring OPJ we get lucky again and he can be a contributing factor.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,190

Post#714 » by cpower » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:07 pm

killmongrel wrote:

Maybe Wiggins gets back to or close to his best form. Then Steph/Klay/Bridges/Wiggins/Dray is a lineup that can compete.

thats like winning a lottery.. if we can get DFS in the same trade then play him, he is a good shooter
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#715 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:11 pm

cpower wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

thats like winning a lottery.. if we can get DFS in the same trade then play him, he is a good shooter

Sure. But getting just Mikal is already a tall task. Getting DFS as well? I don't know. I'd be happy just getting Mikal at all.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,176

Post#716 » by watch1958 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:09 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:If Warriors aren't willing to pony up for Siakam...no way in hell they'll trade Kuminga or first rounders for anyone else.

The only move they might make at this point is to fire Kerr.
Maybe they will do an Atlanta deal if they can get Murray and Capela. Even then, I don’t know how much different things will be.

If I actually thought Murray would make Kerr bench Klay….
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
bicycle
Sophomore

Post#717 » by bicycle » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:41 pm

killmongrel wrote:
cpower wrote:

Yep. It's a one last shot type of thing. I don't see better options if we're still committed to giving Steph the best chance to compete. Maybe get a center in a smaller trade using Looney's, etc, contract. Maybe by acquiring OPJ we get lucky again and he can be a contributing factor.

We do that this year you're gonna be right back here next year trying to bundle Looney picks and our vet mins for some other guy saying it's our last chance with Steph, again. Sometimes all you can do is wait.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#718 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:53 pm

bicycle wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
cpower wrote:worth a shot. Loon for Saric if you need more offense

We do that this year you're gonna be right back here next year trying to bundle Looney picks and our vet mins for some other guy saying it's our last chance with Steph, again. Sometimes all you can do is wait.

So this is what I would do. What would you do?
bicycle
Sophomore

Post#719 » by bicycle » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:23 pm

I don't think we can win this year unless a miracle occurs, so I would not throw away assets in futility. Next year everyone is a little older so odds aren't good either but at this point I like those odds better than the ones at present. We're reaching the end of the poker game where the small stack has to make desperation all-in move pretty soon, but that doesn't mean all in no matter what your hand looks like.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#720 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:33 pm

bicycle wrote:I don't think we can win this year unless a miracle occurs, so I would not throw away assets in futility. Next year everyone is a little older so odds aren't good either but at this point I like those odds better than the ones at present. We're reaching the end of the poker game where the small stack has to make desperation all-in move pretty soon, but that doesn't mean all in no matter what your hand looks like.

I don't consider Mikal Bridges a desperation move. I believe he's a good player on a bad team. And I also believe he's probably the best player the Warriors will have a shot at being available. Maybe there's a player or trade that becomes available in the summer, but that's a maybe, whereas if this trade becomes available, it would suck to not jump on it before another team does. It doesn't only help them compete this year, but next season as well. Mikal is a player that I always considered a more ideal fit than a Siakam.

Return to Golden State Warriors