Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,358

Re: It’s over I’m calling it 

Post#141 » by Onus » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:58 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:
HiRez wrote:They're going to plummet anyway if this team doesn't start looking fun to watch again, and winning. These games are a slog to sit through, I don't think many people look at them as "a good time out" right now, even when Steph is playing. It's not yet at the point where they're bailing en masse, but it's going to start happening slowly. Hell, you could see all the people leaving early last night before the game was even over. They're not dumb, they know bad basketball when they see it (yes, even from Steph), and a lot of them are probably not happy they paid premium money for a sub-par product (at least, the ones who actually paid for their own tickets). Next time they're thinking about going to the game, they're going to remember that.

Imagine paying premium dollars to watch JK as the no 1 option. We'd be back to $10 games for a pack of 4 seats with the quickness. Even if it's a slow trickle down, it's much better to have a slow trickle than an abrupt stop. And just because you have draft picks doesn't guarantee anything. We were out of the playoffs for 20 years.

the only thing that costs 10 bucks in San Francisco is a pack of gum

yea they're paying people to come to chase so that the vendors / restaurants can make money. JK as the no 1 option you're paying to see the other team
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#142 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 8, 2024 10:08 pm

EvanZ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
HiRez wrote:I wouldn't say 0% on Steph because if he asks for it, it's 100%. He hasn't yet and I don't expect him to, but I put the chance of that happening at 10% and rising given the current state of affairs.

He’s not a chode like other NBA stars, don’t see him doing the whole trade demand thing

Why woiuld you want to hold him hostage here in this situation? I don't get that.

He doesn’t really have anything left to prove. Maybe he’s ok with 4 rings, 2 MVPs, and being a top 10 player all-time. Star players feeling the need to play for a contender every single year wasn’t really a thing until recently. For the most part, Lebron has been playing with crappy Lakers teams for a while now. I’m sure he’s not super thrilled about it but he’s also probably content with just being in LA with his family and doing all his Hollywood bs.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#143 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 8, 2024 10:08 pm

EvanZ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
HiRez wrote:I wouldn't say 0% on Steph because if he asks for it, it's 100%. He hasn't yet and I don't expect him to, but I put the chance of that happening at 10% and rising given the current state of affairs.

He’s not a chode like other NBA stars, don’t see him doing the whole trade demand thing

Why woiuld you want to hold him hostage here in this situation? I don't get that.

He doesn’t really have anything left to prove. Maybe he’s ok with 4 rings, 2 MVPs, and being a top 10 player all-time. Star players feeling the need to play for a contender every single year wasn’t really a thing until recently. For the most part, Lebron has been playing with crappy Lakers teams for a while now. I’m sure he’s not super thrilled about it but he’s also probably content with just being in LA with his family and doing all his Hollywood bs.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,231

Post#144 » by EvanZ » Mon Jan 8, 2024 10:18 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

Steph doesn't look content lately. :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,691

Post#145 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:55 pm

Yah, it’s over.
We are now longer a high character team.
Curry and Klay waste the 1st 5 minutes before the start playing defense.

Draymond is unstable and Iguodala was the guy that Draymond listened to.

Kuminga is a selfish baby.
Wiggins has reverted to T-Wolves Wiggins.

The team lacks the Will to win.
The only guy that n the organization that understands defense Ron Adams is semi-retired.

The core is no longer that hungry.

It is not team first anymore.
Strength in numbers is dead.

The 73 win Warriors overachieved because their attitude was as good as any NBA team attitude ever gets.

Luke Walton coaching with the injured boss Kerr in the background and everybody listening to Ron Adams about defense may have been perfect.

I don’t think Draymond can save these guys and make them care. How do we get Jimmy butler?

Iguodala may have been the real leader and the heart and soul and mind of the team.
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 72

Post#146 » by bicycle » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:27 am

We should be sellers at the deadline.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,158

Post#147 » by TB » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:01 am

bicycle wrote:We should be sellers at the deadline.

We might be the one team where being sellers makes us better.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#148 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:35 am

We should hold a funeral for the dynasty.

In 2022 the dynasty crawled out of it’s coffin but this time I think the dynasty is really dead.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#149 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:42 am

I want a one time salary cap exception that allows Steph Klay and Dray to join the Kings without the Kings losing good players.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#150 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:40 am

Steph Klay Dray and Kerr may have lost the unity with the other Warriors. Mature Warriors vs immature Warriors.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,279

Post#151 » by Impuniti » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:39 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Steph Klay Dray and Kerr may have lost the unity with the other Warriors. Mature Warriors vs immature Warriors.

Question is which ones are the mature Warriors? :lol:
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#152 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:46 am

Impuniti wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Steph Klay Dray and Kerr may have lost the unity with the other Warriors. Mature Warriors vs immature Warriors.

Question is which ones are the mature Warriors? :lol:

I love the guy but Draymond may not be mature.

I got suspicions that Kuminga may not be as mature as I was at age 21 not that I was mature at age 21.

I don’t know what happened to this team but the team looks fractured and sad and bored and unenthusiastic.

Draymond supposedly was irritated at Poole talking shi.t at Kerr when Draymond punched Poole.

The youngsters may be sick of hearing about the old guys 4 championships.

I really don’t know what is happening. Nobody is talking. From Draymond KD argument to Poole punch to Wiggins problems to whatever is going on now the most discipline this team has shown is in not gossiping to the media.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,279

Post#153 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:07 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I really don’t know what is happening. Nobody is talking. From Draymond KD argument to Poole punch to Wiggins problems to whatever is going on now the most discipline this team has shown is in not gossiping to the media.

Maybe they're just playing badly and there's not much else to say. There's not always hidden reasons that are being covered up. Sometimes it's simple and out there for everyone to see.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#154 » by watch1958 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:39 am

Hard to believe that any trade will make them markedly better this season.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,088

Post#155 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:09 pm

watch1958 wrote:Hard to believe that any trade will make them markedly better this season.

Hard to think any trade wouldn't, at this point
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#156 » by watch1958 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:16 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Hard to believe that any trade will make them markedly better this season.

Except I don’t think a trade will cure Kerr of his delusions about the core. He firmly believes that last season they were the best starting 5 in basketball. That they just needed a better bench. He’s willing to swap for a new Wiggins, but thinks that Saric and CP3 and GP2 and a little JK will be enough.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#157 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:11 pm

watch1958 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Except I don’t think a trade will cure Kerr of his delusions about the core. He firmly believes that last season they were the best starting 5 in basketball. That they just needed a better bench. He’s willing to swap for a new Wiggins, but thinks that Saric and CP3 and GP2 and a little JK will be enough.

There is one trade that may save the team. If they can turn Klay, CP3, or Wiggins plus picks and filler for KD. It’s a huge gamble, but one worth it if they want to compete for one more championship. KD may want back to have a home base to retire to.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#158 » by HiRez » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:25 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

There is one trade that may save the team. If they can turn Klay, CP3, or Wiggins plus picks and filler for KD. It’s a huge gamble, but one worth it if they want to compete for one more championship. KD may want back to have a home base to retire to.

I wouldn't mind it but I don't think it's a possibility as long as Draymond is still here. KD tolerated him, but I don't think he liked him and at this point in his career he's not going to go into a situation where he has to deal with stuff he doesn't want to.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#159 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:43 pm

I would sell Draymonds organs to get KD back here
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,206

Post#160 » by DonaldSanders » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:10 am

Sleepy51 wrote:I would sell Draymonds organs to get KD back here

Wouldn't we all

Return to Golden State Warriors