It’s over I’m calling it

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: It’s over I’m calling it 

Post#161 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:18 am

Team needs to be on the same page.

Defensively, we just have too many bad defensive players that get to many minutes. People are too enamored with offense.

Offensively, we look like we are driving 3 different things.

With steph, traditionally dubs offense.
With cp3, a slower pnr type offense
Without steph (like yesterday), more of the iso type offense.

I dont know if it's coaching or just players not understanding what made the dubs so good in the past.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 83

Post#162 » by billinder33 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:57 am

I bet KD would love to come back to a Green-less Warriors, just to stuff it to Dray. Dude would be hyper motivated.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,168

Post#163 » by cpower » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:49 pm

it is over. we are trying out lineups and hope (JK/Wiggins/Klay) can consistently provide something everynight but they never do. Wiggins was great so I bet he will be bad next game.

We have to go 26-15 for the rest of the way for making the playin and i dont see it happening
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#164 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:30 pm

cpower wrote:it is over. we are trying out lineups and hope (JK/Wiggins/Klay) can consistently provide something everynight but they never do. Wiggins was great so I bet he will be bad next game.

We have to go 26-15 for the rest of the way for making the playin and i dont see it happening

The real issues is how the CORE play in clutch games. Warriors have had enough talent to be close in a ton of games. We should all expect Klay, Curry and Draymond to use vet savy to efficiently execute down the stretch.

They've been awful, and any hero ball Curry's played to get us to OT etc has been making up for he and the core's own mistakes.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#165 » by jozef » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:46 pm

The real issue is that we are undersized or unathletic most of the game.
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#166 » by bicycle » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Think anyone would give us a second to rent Saric?
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,928

Post#167 » by whatisacenter » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:22 pm

bicycle wrote:Think anyone would give us a second to rent Saric?

I would think so.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
BackToOakland
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#168 » by BackToOakland » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:40 pm

Getting rid of Saric seems unlikely. Ws small ball 3 spam requires shooting 4/5 play for significant minutes. The new kid don’t shoot.
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#169 » by bicycle » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:54 pm

Collecting a second for Saric is not a move meant to improve the roster this season.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#170 » by Impuniti » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:27 pm

It makes zero sense to trade Saric. He's a great backup scorer you can use for specific games, as he's shown in plenty of games during the season. It's not his fault Kerr's brainless rotation include putting someone that has no athleticism with Looney, where a pregnant lady would move faster on the court. He shouldn't be starting and he shouldn't be playing with the current pathetic version that we're getting out of Looney for 96% of the games this season.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#171 » by Impuniti » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:28 pm

jozef wrote:The real issue is that we are undersized or unathletic most of the game.

That tends to happen when 4 of your top 5 guys average out to 36 years old. I know I know, it's crazy tough to find these statistics, so it makes sense once again that Kerr hasn't seen it. :lol:
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#172 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:45 am

I wanted Steph, Klay and Dray to ride off into the Sunset as the championship level bench surporting our you superstars Kuminga and Wiseman in their efforts to win championships. Oh well.

No championship core has ever stayed with their team and become the bench for a new younger championship core.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#173 » by killmongrel » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:02 am

I don't think it's over. If they don't trade Kuminga for a significant player, I think they have the personnel to compete. They have to make moves on the margins though. They need a legit starting center. And if they can replace Klay as a starter and move him to the bench, even better. Steph is still Steph. Draymond is still an impact player. A focused Wiggins is dangerous. And Kuminga continuing to progress is the x-factor the team needs.

Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Center

Bench: Klay if he stays and whoever doesn't get traded.

At the moment the closing lineup definitely should be Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond

That's a realistic situation. Whether it happens this season or next, that's the question. Shooting is gonna suffer but it's not like we're winning games with the status quo. I'd still trade Kuminga if a significant player becomes available, but if things stay the same, I do think they can compete with some moderate moves.
DB23
Junior
And1: 393

Post#174 » by DB23 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:06 pm

There is just too many holes on the team.

Looney and klay killing the team on def (Wiggins too but he’s getting better).

On offense we have no dribble penetration except Steph, puts too much pressure on him all game when things break down. It’s the only thing about Poole that we miss.

Not sure what miracle trades are out there for us!
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#175 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:33 pm

Impuniti wrote:It makes zero sense to trade Saric. He's a great backup scorer you can use for specific games, as he's shown in plenty of games during the season. It's not his fault Kerr's brainless rotation include putting someone that has no athleticism with Looney, where a pregnant lady would move faster on the court. He shouldn't be starting and he shouldn't be playing with the current pathetic version that we're getting out of Looney for 96% of the games this season.

I think bicycle was suggesting a Saric trade as a waive the white flag on the season type trade. It saves the team money this year and gives them an asset or two moving forward. The longer the front office waits to make a move the more likely trades like this seem plausible.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,168

Post#176 » by cpower » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:50 pm

lol yeah lets trade Saric and CP3 while our starters getting killed by avg or lottery teams. How does that make any sense?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/warriors-plus-minus-leader
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#177 » by Impuniti » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:14 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Impuniti wrote:It makes zero sense to trade Saric. He's a great backup scorer you can use for specific games, as he's shown in plenty of games during the season. It's not his fault Kerr's brainless rotation include putting someone that has no athleticism with Looney, where a pregnant lady would move faster on the court. He shouldn't be starting and he shouldn't be playing with the current pathetic version that we're getting out of Looney for 96% of the games this season.

I think bicycle was suggesting a Saric trade as a waive the white flag on the season type trade. It saves the team money this year and gives them an asset or two moving forward. The longer the front office waits to make a move the more likely trades like this seem plausible.

He's on a minimum contract though, what is the team actually saving at that point? He's been the 5-6th best player on a vet contract. They can't tank because next season's pick is going to someone else, so I don't really see the point in sending him elsewhere.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#178 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:45 pm

Impuniti wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

He's on a minimum contract though, what is the team actually saving at that point? He's been the 5-6th best player on a vet contract. They can't tank because next season's pick is going to someone else, so I don't really see the point in sending him elsewhere.

With luxury taxes the savings adds up and they could move COJO as well. I'm not necessarily advocating for it but for the FO it might make sense.

And yeah, I'm concerned about the team's FRP this season, but it's because I'm afraid they will keep it if it ends up in the top 4, which is not as unlikely as it seems....go to tankathon and run the simulator.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#179 » by TB » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:51 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

With luxury taxes the savings adds up and they could move COJO as well. I'm not necessarily advocating for it but for the FO it might make sense.

And yeah, I'm concerned about the team's FRP this season, but it's because I'm afraid they will keep it if it ends up in the top 4, which is not as unlikely as it seems....go to tankathon and run the simulator.

If we do somehow end up in the top 4, I hope we draft Zaccharie Risacher. Plays a bit like Trey Murphy or Kuzma. Perfect forward fit next to Kuminga.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#180 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:20 pm

killmongrel wrote:I don't think it's over. If they don't trade Kuminga for a significant player, I think they have the personnel to compete. They have to make moves on the margins though. They need a legit starting center. And if they can replace Klay as a starter and move him to the bench, even better. Steph is still Steph. Draymond is still an impact player. A focused Wiggins is dangerous. And Kuminga continuing to progress is the x-factor the team needs.

Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/Center

Bench: Klay if he stays and whoever doesn't get traded.

At the moment the closing lineup definitely should be Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond

That's a realistic situation. Whether it happens this season or next, that's the question. Shooting is gonna suffer but it's not like we're winning games with the status quo. I'd still trade Kuminga if a significant player becomes available, but if things stay the same, I do think they can compete with some moderate moves.

I am penciling in declines in the quickness of Steph, Klay, Dray and Chris Paul every year from now on due to age. I don’t think the improvement of our young guys will be enough to offset the decline of our old guys.

So after the 2024 playoffs I am calling the Warriors being contenders over. We have a tiny chance this year if we make a good trade. Then next year it is over.

Return to Golden State Warriors