ImageImageImageImageImage

It’s over I’m calling it

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Re: It’s over I’m calling it 

Post#201 » by jozef » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:56 am

Well, if unathletic means steady then OK. But his limited athleticism fell below that minimal requirement limit. So the whole operating system bugs. He did not look any quicker in first game of regular season than he looks now.
We got away with him as starting center but the league have got better and he has got worse.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#202 » by vvoland » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:02 pm

jozef wrote:
vvoland wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Klay and Steph running arround screens while Draymond makes the right pass quickly is Warriors dynasty offense. Warriors ball broke down opposing team defenses. By the time Steph and Klay had run arround a few screens the opposing defenders no longer knew who they were supposed to be guarding. People were cutting to the basket unguarded and Draymond or Iguodala were finding them with passes.
I predicted that the Warriors would not.sleepwalk the 1st quarter of the Lakers game and I was right but the general pattern of the last 2 months is for the Warriors to be down 10 points 6 minutes into games. The slow starts are a problem. Warriors starts of games are worse than their finishes of games. The finishes only seem more important because time runs out.

You're 100% correct, the start of games (and often 2nd half) has been atrocious. I think it goes to my point #2 about Kerr's rotations. I don't think he's put the best 5 out there very often, to start the game or start the 2nd half. Not that I blame him too much for trying to force the steph/klay/wigs/dray/loon starting 5 as long as he did. That has been the best 5 man unit for the last two seasons (prior to Wigs injury/absence last year) and trying to get them back to that point was the right decision to START the year. The plug should have been pulled earlier on looney and way earlier on wigs.

Here I disagree.
#1 issue: Kevon Looney obviously does not look and does not move the way starting center should do. Physical shape for 6-9 undersized center with low talent is absolutely critical. Just look at his videos and photos from 21/22 season and this season and anybody with little sense for athletics sees the difference. It has domino effect on whole team. More important than anything else. Basically everything else works at solid or great level. The league is quick and/or tall. You can teach quick guys and see improvements. Kuminga without cornrows moves up the ladder. TJD could be there too. But you cannot hope for an improvement if a guy is slow or out of shape, it is about damage control with those guys. We saw FT discrepancy in May playoffs series versus Lakers and 7 months later we see the same image. Starting the season same way was wrong decision
#2 Klay can defend quick guards. He cannot defend inside players who are tall and can jump. Refresh my memory if I am wrong. In conclusion he has no business to protect the rim and any rotation based on that premise is bond to fail in big picture. Simply he can defend guards not power forwards. But Warriors defense often works with "progressive" schemes like Kuminga on guard and whole thing gets lousy. Three guard lineups are another bond-to-fail project.

I agree, Loon looked cooked as early as the preseason but I don't think Kerr was ever going to pull the plug on the starting 5 until 10-15 games in, especially after dray missed the first 3. To be fair to Kerr, JK started the year shooting horribly, as did CP3 and Wigs and made it tough to move Loon when so many people were absent (Dray) or really struggling to score (wigs/cp3).

Klay can no longer defend quick guards. His lateral quickness and closing speed have dropped significantly and he can now reliably guard the 2nd best forward on the opposing team. That's usually a 4 but sometimes the 3. The other players in his class as shooters are often even worse defenders (curry, luka, dame, trae, maxey, mpj, hield, hali, harris, cj, etc.) and the durants are the rare exceptions that do both at a high level.

Here's the list by 3pm made this year, how many of these players defend better than klay does even now, which is his worst defensive stretch of his career:

https://www.nba.com/stats/leaders?StatCategory=FG3M&PerMode=Totals
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#203 » by jozef » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:50 pm

I agree with shooters being not great defenders. Well, Booker scored 62, Luka 74 on young athletic defenders. I just don't remember any guard scoring exceptionaly well on Klay... Bring samples, please. I see him struggling to defend PFs.
And Klay is better defender than Steph...
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#204 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:26 pm

Dray, Klay, good Wiggins, Kuminga, Curry

Do it. Win some games.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#205 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:37 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Dray, Klay, good Wiggins, Kuminga, Curry

Do it. Win some games.

donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#206 » by donkeylips » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:52 am

only 1.5 games behind a play in spot. warriors had one of the toughest schedules so far and it should get easier. kuminga and wiggins improving, plus getting back moody, payton and paul.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#207 » by jozef » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:10 am

Blocks per 100 possessions: TJD 2.8, Dray 1.5, GP 0.9, Klay 0.8, Wigs 0.8, Loon 0.8, Mood 0.8, JK 0.7, Steph 0.6, CoJo 0.5, Dario 0.4, Podz 0.3, CP3 0.2. From what I watched a good portion of these blocks are stripes on starting shooting motion. Basically only TJD, Dray and GP2 are shotblocking threats.
What's interesting is that we do not play our best and only rim portectors TJD and Dray together. In the start of the season TJD was in Santa Cruz, then Dray served suspension. Steve do not play them together.
TJD played total of 466 minutes this season and in his top 10 two-man lineups there is no Dray. At #10 TJD played 54 minutes with Q. So TJD and Dray played together 50 or less minutes. BASICALLY WE DO NOT KNOW HOW GOOD DEFENSIVELY THIS TEAM CAN BE...
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#208 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:20 pm

Will Dray get worn down by playing center?

Point center Dray with good Curry, good Wiggins, good Kuminga and good Klay could be an all time great offense.

Can Kuminga flow with Steph and Dray or will Kuminga just be a my turn your turn guy the let’s Curry take some possessions off?

Dray at point center lets us play Kuminga without benching one of Klay or Wiggins.

We might be able to outscore the other teams without ever playing good defense.

We might want to play Looney in the playoffs but let’s get our new Kuminga death unit a lot of reps together so that they can be integrated and flowing smoothly by playoff time. This could be fun watching our new death unit torture opposing defenses.

I still want a huge scrub back up center to present another look different from Looney, Saric and Trayce.

I want a guard that can shut down dribbles unless we think Payton or Moody can do that. We might want to keep Chris Paul to be the bench point guard. So that would be 2 minor trades. Santos and a 1st for a dribble container. Garuba or somebody and a 1st for a really big stiff back up center.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#209 » by EvanZ » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:30 pm

Where's Tacko Fall when you need him

I will say I still wish we had gone after Isaiah Hartenstein when he was available. Would have been so awesome for this team.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,048

Post#210 » by Jester_ » Sat Feb 3, 2024 8:24 pm

jozef wrote:Blocks per 100 possessions: TJD 2.8, Dray 1.5, GP 0.9, Klay 0.8, Wigs 0.8, Loon 0.8, Mood 0.8, JK 0.7, Steph 0.6, CoJo 0.5, Dario 0.4, Podz 0.3, CP3 0.2. From what I watched a good portion of these blocks are stripes on starting shooting motion. Basically only TJD, Dray and GP2 are shotblocking threats.
What's interesting is that we do not play our best and only rim portectors TJD and Dray together. In the start of the season TJD was in Santa Cruz, then Dray served suspension. Steve do not play them together.
TJD played total of 466 minutes this season and in his top 10 two-man lineups there is no Dray. At #10 TJD played 54 minutes with Q. So TJD and Dray played together 50 or less minutes. BASICALLY WE DO NOT KNOW HOW GOOD DEFENSIVELY THIS TEAM CAN BE...

You know our best lineup by far, Dray at center, has been murdering teams over the last few games right lol
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#211 » by jozef » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:23 pm

Why LOL?
I proposed to play only Green, Kuminga and Jackson-Davis at PF/C in order to bring proper athleticism.
I was right about Kuminga to be a fit for PF not SF. I was right about cutting cornrows would help him to get more serious approach to team concept.
It does just work but to be realistic they faced weaker
Philadelphia - no Maxey, injured Embiid and Memphis. I propose a solution to beat Boston, Denver, Milwaukee, healthy Philadelphia, etc.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,165

Post#212 » by cpower » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:36 pm

its over..they keep saying we will play an easy schedule but guess what we got crushed by stupid easy teams

if they want to make a play in they have to win so many more games 23-13 for the remaining...lol is the management looking into this?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#213 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:48 pm

Hmm…Steph may be figuring out his next move

Read on Twitter
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#214 » by Old_Blue » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:02 am

It's NOT over. I got tired of the negativity. I put down $100 on the Dubs to win it all. The payout would be $6,700.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
cpower
RealGM

Post#215 » by cpower » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:42 pm

Old_Blue wrote:It's NOT over. I got tired of the negativity. I put down $100 on the Dubs to win it all. The payout would be $6,700.

if they can make to the playoffs then there is decent chance.

problem is if we want to become 6th seed we need to be winning 48 games. so need to go 23-9 for the rest games

if we are going to be in playin then we will play Suns and Lakers in the play-in.. just dont like our odds
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#216 » by bicycle » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:43 pm

I still think we're basically cooked for the year, but it does feel like we've genuinely hit on something with how good Kuminga has been. All that talk about how we don't have a second option scorer, well, maybe we do have one. Glad we found it before the offseason, because deciding who we need over the summer will be affected by this.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#217 » by xdrta+ » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:07 pm

cpower wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:It's NOT over. I got tired of the negativity. I put down $100 on the Dubs to win it all. The payout would be $6,700.

if they can make to the playoffs then there is decent chance.

problem is if we want to become 6th seed we need to be winning 48 games. so need to go 23-9 for the rest games

if we are going to be in playin then we will play Suns and Lakers in the play-in.. just dont like our odds

You don't mean the odds, you mean their chances to win. Of course, nobody likes their chances to win, that's why our friend is getting a 67-1 payoff for them to win. It's a great bet.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#218 » by Onus » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:14 pm

Thank god we got rid of Bob. Bob going on the air and saying Kd was the best player in the finals just reinforces how clueless he really is.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
cpower
RealGM

Post#219 » by cpower » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:32 pm

Onus wrote:Thank god we got rid of Bob. Bob going on the air and saying Kd was the best player in the finals just reinforces how clueless he really is.

how is the guy a GM...smh
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#220 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:27 pm

I am retracting my agreement with it being over. We are a longshot but we are not a no shot.

Return to Golden State Warriors