It's TIME! 24 Draft

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: It's TIME! 24 Draft 

Post#81 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 pm

cdubbz wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Do we want a LeBron rental. Would LeBron reck team chemistry? LeBron as a small ball center? Does getting LeBron not fit with Kuminga?

Drafting Bronny in the 2nd round could get us LeBron.
Lakers might be happy to release LeBron from his contrct so that LeBron could play for less money with Bronny.

There is zero chance Bronny falls to the late 2nd round. He is going to get picked 1st round for sure.

I don't see it.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#82 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:34 pm

cdubbz wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
There is zero chance Bronny falls to the late 2nd round. He is going to get picked 1st round for sure.

Just looked at 2 mock drafts. Consensus mock draft had Bronny undrafted. A 2 day old post NCAA tournament mock draft had Bronny going at 55 late second round going to the Lakers 1 pick after the Warriors pick at 54.

The only reason I think this is I just have a hunch that if its known LBJ will go where Bronny goes to play together then a team in the 1st round will go ahead and take Bronny. I would think it's wild that all the GMs would let Bronny slip to the Lakers - why not draft him and trade to lakers for assets.

Don't know the Lakers would pay much for that considering particularly if LeBron stays with the Lakers it will cost them $51M for 1 year.

It only takes one team crazy enough to try, but a bad team taking Bronny to get LeBron would just be borrowing trouble for a 40 year old player. Not sure who would take that swing.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:50 pm

Onus wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Onus wrote:I think that's why they tried to pair him with Collins so much this year to a detriment, especially with Sochan on the floor as well. But It seemed like Wemby worked better with more space obviously. Sarr wants to be a pf though but he's really going to need to be able to shoot for it to work, but damn their defense would be crazy.

Spurs potentially get 2 first rounders depending where the Raptors end up from what i remember reading. Would be huge if the Spurs can keep drafting & developing young talent with Wemby in his 2nd year. Grow the roster like the Thunder and take over the league with a bunch of 22-24year olds.

They have a good chance to build s good team around wemby, which is why i would put the next 10 years of draft picks for these last 2 years of Steph. Wemby looks like GOAT material and is going to be hell to get through once he's ready.

Wemby being a GOAT even among centers is unlikely let alone among all players. There have only been 4 players in NBA history 7'4" or taller to make it to 500 games and none have made it more than 875 games, only 2 players at or over 7'3" have played 10000 minutes and none are CLOSE to GOAT territory. Bodies that tall just don't last healthy long.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:51 pm

I'd like Xavier Booker to declare ... he'd be a good Warrior :)
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#85 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:10 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Just looked at 2 mock drafts. Consensus mock draft had Bronny undrafted. A 2 day old post NCAA tournament mock draft had Bronny going at 55 late second round going to the Lakers 1 pick after the Warriors pick at 54.

The only reason I think this is I just have a hunch that if its known LBJ will go where Bronny goes to play together then a team in the 1st round will go ahead and take Bronny. I would think it's wild that all the GMs would let Bronny slip to the Lakers - why not draft him and trade to lakers for assets.

Don't know the Lakers would pay much for that considering particularly if LeBron stays with the Lakers it will cost them $51M for 1 year.

It only takes one team crazy enough to try, but a bad team taking Bronny to get LeBron would just be borrowing trouble for a 40 year old player. Not sure who would take that swing.

LeBron may have been worth the money this year but LeBron is old and should lose his legs any time now. How has LeBron defied time?

If I am the Lakers and LeBron says he wants to get out of his contract to go play with Brony I let LeBron go.

LeBron has shown interest in playing with Curry and Draymond.
Warriors can not make a trade for LeBron that I would do. Let me check that at trade checker.

Chris Paul, Looney amd Gary Payton for LeBron is a trade I would be willing to do. Trade checker does not allow trading Payton And I need Payton and Looney salries to make salaries work. For sentamental reasons I do not want to trade Klay but Maybe Klay and Chris Paul and a few 2nd round draft picks for LeBron and somebody.

I will not give up Wiggins or Kuminga for LeBron because Wiggins and Kuminga will both be better than LeBron next year or the year after next year. Even LeBron can not defy age forever. Kareem and Vince Carter diminished but were still playable at age 43.

Most years you do not find a Trayce Davis at pick 57. Pick Bronny at pick 57 and then trade Bronny for Lakers 2nd round pick at 59 and Lakers 2nd round pick in 2027.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:49 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

LeBron may have been worth the money this year but LeBron is old and should lose his legs any time now. How has LeBron defied time?

If I am the Lakers and LeBron says he wants to get out of his contract to go play with Brony I let LeBron go.

Warriors can not make a trade for LeBron that I would do. Let me check that at trade checker.

Chris Paul, Looney amd Gary Payton for LeBron is a trade I would be willing to do. Trade checker does not allow trading Payton And I need Payton and Looney salries to make salaries work. For sentamental reasons I do not want to trade Klay but Maybe Klay and Chris Paul and a few 2nd round draft picks for LeBron and somebody.

I will not give up Wiggins or Kuminga for LeBron because Wiggins and Kuminga will both be better than LeBron next year or the year after next year. Even LeBron can not defy age forever. Kareem and Vince Carter diminished but were still playable at age 43.

Most years you do not find a Trayce Davis at pick 57. Pick Bronny at pick 57 and then trade Bronny for Lakers 2nd round pick at 59 and Lakers 2nd round pick in 2027.

LeBron can opt out. Why would the Warriors have to trade anyone to sign him if he wants to be a Warrior he can just choose to be.

LeBron is an incredible player, but I don't think he works really for this Warriors team ... Kuminga, TJD, and Green overlap and at least 2 of the players on that list seem to have fragile egos :)
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:51 am

The unrestricted free agent list seems unusually weak this year too, particularly when you take away players likely to return to their current team.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#88 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:39 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

LeBron can opt out. Why would the Warriors have to trade anyone to sign him if he wants to be a Warrior he can just choose to be.

LeBron is an incredible player, but I don't think he works really for this Warriors team ... Kuminga, TJD, and Green overlap and at least 2 of the players on that list seem to have fragile egos :)

I was not sure that LeBron could opt out this summer.Not sure that LeBron would want the pay cut that I think comes with LeBron opting out.

LeBron could play point big when Draymond sits. I prefer Dray’s passing to LeBron’s because LeBron hold’s the ball longer. LeBron fans would flip out hearing me say I prefer Dray’s passing to LeBron’s passing because that is heresy in LeBron stan world. LeBron could play some center because he is as big as Looney and Trayce and bigger than Dray.

LeBron could probably fill Dray’s role better than anybody else that the Warriors have could fill Dray’s role.

I think LeBron the player would fit fine but I am not sure that LeBron the man and LeBron the circus would fit fine.
How much of a pay cut would LeBron take to play with his son? How many minutes per game do we have to guarantee Bronny? Rookie Bronny probably will not actually deserve minutes.

As far as I know no father and son have ever played a minute on an NBA court together. This year’s Warriors already have the record for the most sons of NBA fathers to be on an NBA roster.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,978

Post#89 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:44 am

Just have to hope that the Warriors don't somehow compound their moves this past offseason by having their pick land in the top 4 in the lottery.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:LeBron may have been worth the money this year but LeBron is old and should lose his legs any time now. How has LeBron defied time?

I was not sure that LeBron could opt out this summer.Not sure that LeBron would want the pay cut that I think comes with LeBron opting out.

LeBron could play point big when Draymond sits. I prefer Dray’s passing to LeBron’s because LeBron hold’s the ball longer. LeBron fans would flip out hearing me say I prefer Dray’s passing to LeBron’s passing because that is heresy in LeBron stan world. LeBron could play some center because he is as big as Looney and Trayce and bigger than Dray.

LeBron could probably fill Dray’s role better than anybody else that the Warriors have could fill Dray’s role.

I think LeBron the player would fit fine but I am not sure that LeBron the man and LeBron the circus would fit fine.
How much of a pay cut would LeBron take to play with his son? How many minutes per game do we have to guarantee Bronny? Rookie Bronny probably will not actually deserve minutes.

As far as I know no father and son have ever played a minute on an NBA court together. This year’s Warriors already have the record for the most sons of NBA fathers to be on an NBA roster.

LeBron got the option in his contract so he could leave to play with his son ... he CAN opt out, it comes down to how much he wants to opt out. But my guess is the Lakers would be FINE with him opting out, and that they are unlikely to spend draft/roster capital to get him to stay on that deal.

I agree, but LeBron DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY "BIG" ... he talks a good game in the media but every time his coach tries to make him play as a big it never lasts because he sulks and sucks at it at key times.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:12 am

whatisacenter wrote:Just have to hope that the Warriors don't somehow compound their moves this past offseason by having their pick land in the top 4 in the lottery.

Even in a crap draft you still want the best option to find the best talent possible.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#92 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:35 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Just have to hope that the Warriors don't somehow compound their moves this past offseason by having their pick land in the top 4 in the lottery.

Even in a crap draft you still want the best option to find the best talent possible.

I would much rather lose the pick in this draft than lose it in one of the next two.

They need to have their picks moving forward after this draft.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:40 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I would much rather lose the pick in this draft than lose it in one of the next two.

You would rather have #20 next year vs #1 this year? That's nuts. Obviously they wouldn't be guaranteed to get #20 next year or #1 this year, but if you are comparing this year to 2020 they don't compare because in 2020 there was so little data compared to this year.

Of course, it probably doesn't matter because the Warriors are not going to get a top 4 pick.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#94 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:15 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

You would rather have #20 next year vs #1 this year? That's nuts. Obviously they wouldn't be guaranteed to get #20 next year or #1 this year, but if you are comparing this year to 2020 they don't compare because in 2020 there was so little data compared to this year.

Of course, it probably doesn't matter because the Warriors are not going to get a top 4 pick.

Yes I would. I wouldn't want to have this years number one pick on the roster at the slotted salary for that pick.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#95 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:26 pm

I ran one draft sim and the Warriors leapt up to #4 :o
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#96 » by vvoland » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:31 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Yes I would. I wouldn't want to have this years number one pick on the roster at the slotted salary for that pick.

Doubt we're a top 10 team next season but even then, yes. Not only does the draft look better next season, not only is the draft slot much cheaper, there's also the ability to trade future picks that is compromised if we still owe our pick over the next two seasons. Convey it this year and only have the 2030 pick that's going out (and if the protection holds up, it's 2nd rounders the following year)
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#97 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:31 pm

vvoland wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Doubt we're a top 10 team next season but even then, yes. Not only does the draft look better next season, not only is the draft slot much cheaper, there's also the ability to trade future picks that is compromised if we still owe our pick over the next two seasons. Convey it this year and only have the 2030 pick that's going out (and if the protection holds up, it's 2nd rounders the following year)

Bingo! This guy gets it!
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#98 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:32 pm

Warriors will draft Clemson's PJ Hall.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

The salary is not a problem I need to care about :) Do you really not think the best player in this year's draft has a better chance to be an all-star/stud/superstar than the 20th best player in next years draft?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:44 am

vvoland wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

It's delusional to think the best player in one draft won't be worth considerably more than the 20th best player in a future draft.

I agree I want control of future draft picks, but that wasn't the hypothetical it was literally the top pick vs the 20th a year later. In reality it's incredibly unlikely the Warriors get the #1 pick, but if the Warriors got the #1 pick and offered it straight up for the 20th pick the next year there isn't a single team in the NBA that wouldn't jump on that deal.

Return to Golden State Warriors