2 Kuminga, Cp3, Moody
58%

Total votes: 12

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Coming down to Kuminga, Cp3 vs Wiggins, Podz 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:13 am

I think Warriors have poll position for Siakam. But I think Toronto will demand either Kuminga or Podz (plus Moody in both cases).l

Which lineup would you prefer.

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Siakam, Draymond
Podz as bench point guard.

Curry, Klay, Kuminga, Siakam, Draymond
CP3 as bench point guard.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Re: Coming down to Kuminga, Cp3 vs Wiggins, Podz 

Post#2 » by Old_Blue » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:58 am

I'm not even sure Siakam is the right guy. In the off-season, Tobias Harris would come cheaper and might fit the offense better. Also, if the goal is to get rid of Wiggins' contract, then I think a better deal could be had that doesn't involve parting with Kuminga.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,846

Post#3 » by floppymoose » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:44 am

I dont want siakam anymore. They arent contenders with him. Dont trade away the youth, unless its for better youth
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,462

Post#4 » by svart » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:50 am

none
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,175

Post#5 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:19 am

neither.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,307

Post#6 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:26 am

Are the Warriors prepared to offer Siakam a max this summer? I doubt it. If not, trading for him is foolish. It's not like he guarantees a title or anything close to it. The Warriors finally have a few decent young players and people want to give them away for a 4 month rental? I can't see it.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 463

Post#7 » by superunknown » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:27 am

cp and kuminga might get it done, no point to add moody.
and def you don't package wiggins for siakam unless you have ready another trade that bring you back 1/2 great perimeter defenders.
in any case, I'd make an attempt at markkanen before siakam.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,434

Post#8 » by SpreeS » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:31 am

Who could think that two available borderline allstars players in Lavine and Siakam could fix this team? Its mind blogging how they are wrong. There is no available players in nva who could make this team a contender.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 463

Post#9 » by superunknown » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:38 am

SpreeS wrote:Who could think that two available borderline allstars players in Lavine and Siakam could fix this team? Its mine blogging how they are wrong. There is no available players in nva who could make this team a contender.

I beg to differ.
there is not juggernaut or clear-cut favourite team in the league right now, especially in the West (need to see min and okc perform in the playoffs, one thing is the RS one thing is the postseason).
den has 1 superstar and a collection of good/great players around him, they don't have a second star unless you consider jamal murray a booker or lillard type of edge. and they lost brown who was a key piece in their title run last year.
point is, with the right trades (plural not singular, more than one trade) you can give steph - your superstar - a chance to compete this year. you don't need necessarily wilt chamberlain.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#10 » by HiRez » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:15 am

I'd be hesitant to trade either Kuminga or Podz for Siakam, I'm definitely not giving them Moody as well.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#11 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:04 am

Neither of those packages work.

Cp3 and kuminga is enough salary, no need to add moody.

2nd trade doesnt have enough salary outgoing, so will need to add jk anyways (don't think Raps would want gp2 or loon).

So options should be:

Cp3 + jk

Wiggins, jk, moody, and podz
DoubleLintendre
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,621

Post#12 » by DoubleLintendre » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:44 am

Neither. Team has flaws with (perimeter) D, no Center. Siakim is not the answer. More depth and 1-2 different starter-level guys would be much better than one 2nd (or third) option with even less depth
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,434

Post#13 » by SpreeS » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:59 am

superunknown wrote:
SpreeS wrote:Who could think that two available borderline allstars players in Lavine and Siakam could fix this team? Its mine blogging how they are wrong. There is no available players in nva who could make this team a contender.

I beg to differ.
there is not juggernaut or clear-cut favourite team in the league right now, especially in the West (need to see min and okc perform in the playoffs, one thing is the RS one thing is the postseason).
den has 1 superstar and a collection of good/great players around him, they don't have a second star unless you consider jamal murray a booker or lillard type of edge. and they lost brown who was a key piece in their title run last year.
point is, with the right trades (plural not singular, more than one trade) you can give steph - your superstar - a chance to compete this year. you don't need necessarily wilt chamberlain.

Don't you think that our leader at 36y old equals to prime Jokic/Giannis/Embiid? In my opinion the gap between them is huge. And second options like Lillard/Murray/Booker are light years better than anything we have. Maybe Siakam or Lauri could fill this gap for second option, but it cost our future and depth. If we trade Wiggs/Kuminga/Moody, only one Payton is possible to defend PG-SF at perimeter (and he always injured). Our centres aren't capable to defend top bigs too. We lost to all big teams DEN 3 times, CLE/MIN twice, MIL once. There is no sign that our veterans are currently able to compete at the highest level apart from winning the championship two years ago. It's more nostalgia than anything else. Also there are no available players on the market who could raise our team from the dead. So why trade our youngsters? I could agree with these trades if we have last year situation, where we had the best starting unit, but this year is catastrofa.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 862

Post#14 » by Dom801e » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:28 pm

I’m not moving multiple young guys for Siakam. His FA status and questionable fit are not a combination I’m interested in going all-in for.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,319

Post#15 » by Impuniti » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:29 pm

Siakam is a dumb transfer that makes absolutely no sense. Regardless of how many people ask for it. Trading a quality trade piece like JK for Siakam would be up there as one of the dumbest transfers imaginable.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#16 » by thunderdunk » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:12 pm

Neither. Thus far, Siakam has led the Raptors to a 15-24 record. He shoots 33% on threes. He overlaps with Draymond. He wants a max contract, and he's not a max contract guy. This guy is no KD. Let someone else trade assets for him.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#17 » by Onus » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:27 pm

I'm moving heaven and earth for Lauri
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,319

Post#18 » by Impuniti » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:32 pm

Onus wrote:I'm moving heaven and earth for Lauri

The correct answer. Send them Klay, whose not a 3 and JK and stabalize this team a bit.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,175

Post#19 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:53 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:I'm moving heaven and earth for Lauri

The correct answer. Send them Klay, whose not a 3 and JK and stabalize this team a bit.

Agreed, he is the only "potential" trade target that would be good enough to elevate this roster now and in the future. Everything else is just deck chairs.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Post#20 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm

floppymoose wrote:I dont want siakam anymore. They arent contenders with him. Dont trade away the youth, unless its for better youth

This.

Plus I dont think MDJ is trading his first two draft picks who are doing amazing. Raptors have no leverage! Siakam wants the max and wants to test free agency. They need to get what they can.

I proposed a trade on the trade thread where the Bulls are involved to give Lavine to the Raptors.

Warriors get: Siakam & Drummond
Bulls get: CP3 expiring & Looney
Raptors get: Lavine & Moody.

A lot of posters said Bulls and Raps say no, but I think Raptors would rather get SOMETHING then lose Siakam if theyre not going to offer him the max. Bulls off load Lavines contract, plus Derozan becomes a FA this summer so they get cap space to rebuild.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors