ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Lacob has no clue

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Re: Joe Lacob has no clue 

Post#81 » by tal57 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:42 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:He was an advisor to Lacob and Guber too, you really don't know how much influence a consultant like West has inside an organization whether with the Warriors or Clippers. Everything you said is speculation.

From the Warriors inside sources West was relatively substantially involved in the day-to-day operations, Not just as an adviser to Lacob and Guber. Yes, I don't know the extend of his day to day involvement with the Clippers, but just reasoning on the age factor and probably reduced drive to be involved on the daily basis, I assume it is in the much less capacity that he was involved with the Warriors and more of the occasional consigliere to Balmer so not to extend himself with the burden of involvement. Especially when he is 85 now.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,097

Post#82 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:22 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:He was an advisor to Lacob and Guber too, you really don't know how much influence a consultant like West has inside an organization whether with the Warriors or Clippers. Everything you said is speculation.

Happens so often here.. bad speculation just keeps getting repeated until people start taking it as fact
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#83 » by tal57 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:41 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:

Happens so often here.. bad speculation just keeps getting repeated until people start taking it as fact

As I have said, the only speculation here is on the Clippers side because I believe it was reported he would take the lesser role with the Clippers due to his reluctance on heavy involvement, proximity to home (substantial reduction on travel) and Balmer's strong urging, at his age when he joined LA. Warriors is the different story, not much speculation there. But whatever your heart is indulging yourself is fine with me.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,219

Post#84 » by cpower » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:16 pm

Joe Lacob said JK is untouchable.

Just wait for Curry to ask to be traded and I would like to see how Joe Lacob reacts to that!
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,095

Post#85 » by whatisacenter » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:47 pm

cpower wrote:Joe Lacob said JK is untouchable.

Just wait for Curry to ask to be traded and I would like to see how Joe Lacob reacts to that!

:lol: Kuminga is the only thing Curry has helping him at the moment....he should ask for a trade if they moved JK.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cpower
RealGM

Post#86 » by cpower » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:49 pm

whatisacenter wrote:

:lol: Kuminga is the only thing Curry has helping him at the moment....he should ask for a trade if they moved JK.

Depends what we get back ... what if Lauri is available with JK + 2 picks/
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Post#87 » by TB » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:58 pm

cpower wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

The only evidence of Lauri available was a rumor that also mentioned 5 first round picks just to have the convo.

The only rumor we know about Kuminga at the deadline is that Bulls wanted him for Caruso. Now, I would have LOVED that trade as recently as a month or so ago.... and I wouldn't doubt if it still resulted in positive play... but I get why they wouldn't do that and I bet nobody on this board would say yes to that trade.

So, I have no problem calling JK untouchable until he's not again.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,095

Post#88 » by whatisacenter » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:01 pm

cpower wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

There were teams flush with FRP's who couldn't land Lauri.....what makes you think the Warriors could have landed him with JK and two FRP's?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cpower
RealGM

Post#89 » by cpower » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:02 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
cpower wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

There were teams flush with FRP's who couldn't land Lauri.....what makes you think the Warriors could have landed him with JK and two FRP's?

i think its close....we also said JK is untouchable as Lauri is untouchable... JK is at the peak of his value and its worth a try.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#90 » by Coxy » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:12 pm

Of course you say JK is untouchable in the media. That's how the game works.

Return to Golden State Warriors