ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 44: Sixers @ Warriors Game Thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,690

Re: Game 44: Sixers @ Warriors Game Thread 

Post#141 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:13 am

In the short term Draymond at center is working but is it sustainable.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 188

Post#142 » by thunderdunk » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:13 am

Embid should not have been playing tonight. Hope he’s ok. Wasn’t a dirty play. Dubs played way better without Klay. Bench suffered tonight without someone to direct traffic both ways. Dubs usually win when they make shots, and all the starters played well.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,690

Post#143 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:17 am

7 assists for Saric in 16 minutes.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,278

Post#144 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:24 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I also hope MDJ is sending Klay to the nearest airport and sending his ass anywhere else in the league. It's disgusting how Steve Kerr and this incompetent FO can't see that you cannot have 4 old men running most of the minutes in the game.

Think of it like this: If we trade Klay for something worthwhile, it will be because Kerr stubbornly played him until he was able to find an offensive rhythm.

He's up over 20 ppg in his last 10 games. If Kerr had benched him when he was a wreck on both sides of the court, he never would have been able to show he can still fill it up.

The team Warriors would theoretically get Klay is not because of who Klay might be. Purely salary filler and something of value given to them (picks).

I'm not going to justify Kerr loving Klay more than his own son and sabotaging our season to give his flowers. Maybe I am a little petty. :lol:
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#145 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:24 am

thunderdunk wrote:Embid should not have been playing tonight. Hope he’s ok. Wasn’t a dirty play. Dubs played way better without Klay. Bench suffered tonight without someone to direct traffic both ways. Dubs usually win when they make shots, and all the starters played well.

This is why you send Klay elsewhere and hope CP stays fit.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#146 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:29 am

Missed this one, shocked we won.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 457

Post#147 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:29 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I hope you enjoyed this fast paced defensive energy because klay will probably be back next game.

Curry looks like Curry without Klay in the lineup. There's an obvious move here. But of course, very doubtful that it will be made.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#148 » by GswStorm3 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:30 am

Klay really should come off the bench.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,796

Post#149 » by michaelm » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:32 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:In the short term Draymond at center is working but is it sustainable.

The starters he picked for this game are pretty much whom I would choose myself so I can't criticise Kerr if the same line up goes badly in future.

I agree sustainability is now and always has been a problem with playing Draymond heavy minutes at center but hopefully TJD (and Looney if he can return to being who he was in the 2 seasons prior to this one) can relieve him, with Dray playing the crucial minutes at center including at the death as he did in their pomp. On recent evidence while Dray would be fine as the main PF this would involve not playing Kuminga at PF and not playing Wiggins at SF where they would appear to be best suited.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#150 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:40 am

Imagine this lineup with Moody instead of Podz.

CP3 on 20MPG
Klay on 15MPG
Podz on 12MPG

That team would likely be 5-6th in the West right now. Not a contender, but much better than what the worst coach in the league has been doing all year.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#151 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:44 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:People really think we can't be a top 10 defensive again with dray and wiggins? They've made so many big plays on that end.

Land Claxton and get a healthy GPII back? Yeah, that's a good defensive unit.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 456

Post#152 » by superunknown » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:51 am

Romulus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:I hope you enjoyed this fast paced defensive energy because klay will probably be back next game.

Curry looks like Curry without Klay in the lineup. There's an obvious move here. But of course, very doubtful that it will be made.

who would have thought that?
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#153 » by superunknown » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:52 am

Coxy wrote:Missed this one, shocked we won.

klay didn't play.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#154 » by superunknown » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:53 am

Impuniti wrote:I also hope MDJ is sending Klay to the nearest airport and sending his ass anywhere else in the league. It's disgusting how Steve Kerr and this incompetent FO can't see that you cannot have 4 old men running most of the minutes in the game.

seriously. they should trade his ass before deadline.
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#155 » by Sandy333 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:58 am

A win against a Phillips without a healthy embid and second best player Maxi is nothing to crow about. Still it is improving team. Steph, Draymond, Wiggins, Kuminga, and Podz was the best defensive and closing lineup. Podz was very poor in hitting the open 3s.
Sorry to see Looney like this. He was struggling to catch the ball as well. He was throwing the ball at the basket even in a crowd. He would never do this, he would always pass out in a crowd. Pressure is getting to him. He held his own against a injured Embid better than TJD.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#156 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:01 am

superunknown wrote:

seriously. they should trade his ass before deadline.

I just listened to a Warrior reporter today say the FO is likely to re-sign Klay in the off-season. That's what both sides want.

Problem being, Klay has already turned down a two year 48 million offer. If the FO agrees to anything beyond that, this team is toast for the next several years.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#157 » by killmongrel » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:02 am

Like others have said, I'd like to see Klay come off the bench. Also, I'm curious how a lineup of Steph/Wiggins/Moody/Kuminga/Draymond would look.

After looking at this team lately, a legit starting center would be the ideal trade target.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#158 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:06 am

Klay doesn't need to get traded. He could even continue to start.

But he needs his minutes reduced and shouldn't close unless we are trailing and need a miracle flurry.

It's much easier for dray and wiggins cover the floor if they have only steph to worry about.

If the other 2 do their job (which they did), the team is defensively connected with dray and wiggins filling the gaps. And we saw that tonight.
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#159 » by tal57 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:10 am

Well, it also helps when the league decides to keep the game even. I think they had to for obvious criticism to calm down after playing for the Lakers too vigorously. Lakers are floundering and there is no way the league will allow them to miss the playoffs.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#160 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:22 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Klay doesn't need to get traded. He could even continue to start. :banghead:

But he needs his minutes reduced and shouldn't close unless we are trailing and need a miracle flurry.

It's much easier for dray and wiggins cover the floor if they have only steph to worry about.

If the other 2 do their job (which they did), the team is defensively connected with dray and wiggins filling the gaps. And we saw that tonight.

STOP IT.

No he shouldn't. He's not f***ing good enough to start. This pathetic catering to Klay and his mountain sized ego is out of control. He is a 15-20MPG player, that's all. He shouldn't start nor finish games. I'm sick of fans trying to justify something that they themselves know is wrong, just to cater to his gross entitlement.

Return to Golden State Warriors