Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,241

Here…We….Go (Steph is getting ready) 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:52 pm

The key key key word here is “opportunity”

Read on Twitter

Steph is an extremely thoughtful and measured dude. This statement was equivalent to shouting to the FO to get something done to make this team competitive or he’s Audi 5000.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Re: Here…We….Go (Steph is getting ready) 

Post#2 » by Onus » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:12 pm

Steph is not going to ask for a trade. You’re just projecting.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:37 pm

Onus wrote:Steph is not going to ask for a trade. You’re just projecting.

This was him asking or telling. Read the tea leaves! This is as vocal as Steph is going get.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#4 » by killmongrel » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:45 pm

I mean, Steph's insistence on keeping the core together is part of the problem. Klay is one of the biggest issues this season. If he were to go up to ownership and tell them that he will not stand in their way to do what is necessary to make the team competitive, they might make moves to field a better roster. He's not gonna all of a sudden be obsessed about the big 3 retiring together, but then do a 180 and jump ship on a situation he help create.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Post#5 » by Old_Blue » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:07 pm

Steph isn't going anywhere. After last night's game, Steph joins yet another elite list of players - the list who have scored 60+ points multiple times after the age of 30.

Wilt (3 times)
Dame (3 times)
Kobe (2 times)
Steph (2 times)

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/oldest-nba-players-to-score-60-points-in-a-game

Hopefully those of you who have been hyperventilating about the won/loss record this season and even advocating trading Steph take a little time to appreciate what we are all witnessing - an absolute master class by a seemingly ageless wonder the likes of which the franchise isn't likely to ever again see.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#6 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:11 pm

I think I sensed a subtle jab at klay when he mentioned the whole 3 ball issue.

Steph isn't dumb, he had to have noticed how much better the offense ran when we had 3 rim pressure guys (jk, wiggs, and podz) compared to less rim pressure and more 3s.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:11 pm

Old_Blue wrote:Steph isn't going anywhere. After last night's game, Steph joins yet another elite list of players - the list who have scored 60+ points multiple times after the age of 30.

Wilt (3 times)
Dame (3 times)
Kobe (2 times)
Steph (2 times)

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/oldest-nba-players-to-score-60-points-in-a-game

Hopefully those of you who have been hyperventilating about the won/loss record this season and even advocating trading Steph take a little time to appreciate what we are all witnessing - an absolute master class by a seemingly ageless wonder the likes of which the franchise isn't likely to ever again see.

Are you serious?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,600

Post#8 » by HiRez » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:03 pm

Old_Blue wrote:Steph isn't going anywhere. After last night's game, Steph joins yet another elite list of players - the list who have scored 60+ points multiple times after the age of 30.

Wilt (3 times)
Dame (3 times)
Kobe (2 times)
Steph (2 times)

Not gonna argue against Steph's greatness, but the bottom line is they are 21-25, 56% of the way through the season. Anyway, I don't think Steph is being traded, and probably not Draymond at this point since he's on his best behavior for a bit and playing well. It's all about Klay. If Steph's putting his foot down internally about trading Klay, that's a problem. And what moves? I hope he's not under the illusion that trading Kuminga, Wiggins, and Looney for Murray and Capela is anything more than a lateral move, ie. rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#9 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:29 pm

Capela got fat.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#10 » by Nvnervous45 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:30 pm

Klay is just a chucker at this point in his career. He adds no value on defense or driving to the hoop. All he is good for is floor spacing. Im sorry but there a lot of guys who can do what he does in this league and better. The problem is other gm's know this.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#11 » by killmongrel » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:33 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:Klay is just a chucker at this point in his career. He adds no value on defense or driving to the hoop. All he is good for is floor spacing. Im sorry but there a lot of guys who can do what he does in this league and better. The problem is other gm's know this.

Will Brooklyn trade us Ben Simmons for Klay straight up? Seriously would do that deal even though Simmons has another year.
Onus
RealGM

Post#12 » by Onus » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:44 pm

killmongrel wrote:I mean, Steph's insistence on keeping the core together is part of the problem. Klay is one of the biggest issues this season. If he were to go up to ownership and tell them that he will not stand in their way to do what is necessary to make the team competitive, they might make moves to field a better roster. He's not gonna all of a sudden be obsessed about the big 3 retiring together, but then do a 180 and jump ship on a situation he help create.

I’ve never heard Steph say keep Klay or don’t trade Klay.

In any case trading Klay can’t be on Steph’s hands. That’s something the front office has to take ownership of saying they did it without asking Steph.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#13 » by killmongrel » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:48 pm

Onus wrote:
killmongrel wrote:I mean, Steph's insistence on keeping the core together is part of the problem. Klay is one of the biggest issues this season. If he were to go up to ownership and tell them that he will not stand in their way to do what is necessary to make the team competitive, they might make moves to field a better roster. He's not gonna all of a sudden be obsessed about the big 3 retiring together, but then do a 180 and jump ship on a situation he help create.

In any case trading Klay can’t be on Steph’s hands. That’s something the front office has to take ownership of saying they did it without asking Steph.

We don't have to actually hear him say it to figure out, due to everything we hear, that's how he, Kerr, and Draymond feel. With that said, one of the things I consider a positive about Dunleavy taking over for Bob is that Dunleavy isn't as close to the players as Bob was. He might actually do what is necessary. But I still doubt anything happens this season. I just hope that Dunleavy lets Klay walk this summer whereas Bob would probably be signing Klay to a 4/120m deal.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#14 » by azwfan » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:57 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Onus wrote:

We don't have to actually hear him say it to figure out, due to everything we hear, that's how he, Kerr, and Draymond feel. With that said, one of the things I consider a positive about Dunleavy taking over for Bob is that Dunleavy isn't as close to the players as Bob was. He might actually do what is necessary. But I still doubt anything happens this season. I just hope that Dunleavy lets Klay walk this summer whereas Bob would probably be signing Klay to a 4/120m deal.

Or maybe Bob was done with Dray and Klay, ownership wasnt, so he decided to step away. We dont really know.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Onus
RealGM

Post#15 » by Onus » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:00 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Onus wrote:

Steph isn’t going to the media and hinting at trading Klay. That’s not going to look good at all. He’s always said I’m rolling with what we have.

There was a rumor that the front office hopes that some team offers Klay a big contract in the off season and walks. That way they can say that they tried to keep the core together but the money didn’t work out. They just want to take the easy way out rather than do the dirty work themselves. Klay is a front office issue not a Steph issue.
Onus
RealGM

Post#16 » by Onus » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:01 pm

azwfan wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Onus wrote:I’ve never heard Steph say keep Klay or don’t trade Klay.

Or maybe Bob was done with Dray and Klay, ownership wasnt, so he decided to step away. We dont really know.

Good riddance
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#17 » by killmongrel » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:04 pm

azwfan wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Maybe.

But what I'm guessing is that ownership is willing to listen to Dunleavy considering his draft picks in Podz and TJD already look like good picks. His move to correct Poole's awful contract and acquire CP3 turned out to be a beneficial move. And Saric is a contributing player. Only issue is, the top end talent has just not been producing.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#18 » by killmongrel » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:11 pm

Onus wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Steph isn’t going to the media and hinting at trading Klay. That’s not going to look good at all. He’s always said I’m rolling with what we have.

There was a rumor that the front office hopes that some team offers Klay a big contract in the off season and walks. That way they can say that they tried to keep the core together but the money didn’t work out. They just want to take the easy way out rather than do the dirty work themselves. Klay is a front office issue not a Steph issue.
It's not really about blaming Steph. This was more of a response to the original post which implied Steph is ready to leave. I don't see that because the current culture of the Warriors is in part because of what Steph wants. He's not just going to all of a sudden abandon that considering how strong his bond is to the core and franchise. That's why it makes no sense that he's going to jump ship. More so, it's more about him finally telling the front office to do something. It's more about not seeing the possibility of him actually threatening to leave.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,025

Post#19 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:33 pm

CP3 to Orlando for Isaac and Harris.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#20 » by killmongrel » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:43 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:CP3 to Orlando for Isaac and Harris.

CP3/Saric/Seconds for Isaac/Ingles/Goga.

Return to Golden State Warriors