Steve Kerr - This group can be "Special."

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Re: Steve Kerr - This group can be "Special." 

Post#81 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:31 pm

Read on Twitter

So, who on this "special" team is not buying in?

Read on Twitter

I can live with missed shots, missed rotations, bad defense because it can happen to anyone. But, his attitude stinks. Heis morose demeanor just brings the whole team down and he doesn't care. That's what bothers me the most. This is the vet the young guys take their queues from.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,287

Post#82 » by Impuniti » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:36 pm

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#83 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:38 pm

I agree with Kerr. This group can be "special". It's his coaching that is preventing it though.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#84 » by Onus » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:48 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I can live with missed shots, missed rotations, bad defense because it can happen to anyone. But, his attitude stinks. Heis morose demeanor just brings the whole team down and he doesn't care. That's what bothers me the most. This is the vet the young guys take their queues from.

I think that's the worst thing about Klay right now. His negative energy and moping and pouting even in wins because he's not playing. And then of course Kerr rewards him with playing him. Seriously been saying that he just needs to stay home.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 459

Post#85 » by superunknown » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:49 pm

killmongrel wrote:I agree with Kerr. This group can be "special". It's his coaching that is preventing it though.

coaching and baby klay.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,094

Post#86 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:08 pm

The irony being that continuing to play Klay is making him feel worse as fans keep piling on since he can't help much, if at all, going forward

No one is winning in this scenario, most importantly, the team. Beating up some lower level teams does not mean he's turning a corner. He's going to keep being himself, which means its up to Kerr to actually take charge of the situation. But he has stressed numerous times that he doesnt believe in that type of coaching
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#87 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:41 am

Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I think that's the worst thing about Klay right now. His negative energy and moping and pouting even in wins because he's not playing. And then of course Kerr rewards him with playing him. Seriously been saying that he just needs to stay home.

I keep on watching these videos of Klay’s negative energy but I don’t see anything. If it was 1680 Salem Massachusetts we could hang Klay for being a witch with that kind of evidence.
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 205

Post#88 » by BayAreaDub » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:19 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I keep on watching these videos of Klay’s negative energy but I don’t see anything. If it was 1680 Salem Massachusetts we could hang Klay for being a witch with that kind of evidence.

Not one thing? Not everyone can read body language and that's OK
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#89 » by xdrta+ » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:27 am

BayAreaDub wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I keep on watching these videos of Klay’s negative energy but I don’t see anything. If it was 1680 Salem Massachusetts we could hang Klay for being a witch with that kind of evidence.

Not one thing? Not everyone can read body language and that's OK

Or maybe not everyone can see what other people imagine.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#90 » by watch1958 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:30 am

CDM_Stats wrote:The irony being that continuing to play Klay is making him feel worse as fans keep piling on since he can't help much, if at all, going forward

No one is winning in this scenario, most importantly, the team. Beating up some lower level teams does not mean he's turning a corner. He's going to keep being himself, which means it’s up to Kerr to actually take charge of the situation. But he has stressed numerous times that he doesnt believe in that type of coaching
Reminds me of MDJ as a player. Everyone griped that he was too passive. So he’d put on the Manleavy routine for a couple of games. He’d look great. Then he’d flip back to passive.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,023

Post#91 » by Frozzy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:32 am

Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Klay LITERALLY acknowledged his pouting w/ Kerr and the media.
Read on Twitter
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,287

Post#92 » by Impuniti » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:15 am

I'm starting to believe Gatling is either a Klay family member at this point. :lol:
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#93 » by superunknown » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:22 am

Impuniti wrote:I'm starting to believe Gatling is either a Klay family member at this point. :lol:

there is a triumvirate, him, jozef and vvoland :lol:
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,447

Post#94 » by svart » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:55 am

Frozzy wrote:
Onus wrote:I think that's the worst thing about Klay right now. His negative energy and moping and pouting even in wins because he's not playing. And then of course Kerr rewards him with playing him. Seriously been saying that he just needs to stay home.

Klay LITERALLY acknowledged his pouting w/ Kerr and the media.
Read on Twitter

He didn't say pouting, you miss-heard. He clearly said pudding.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#95 » by superunknown » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:48 am

yes, this group can be special. with another coach.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#96 » by jozef » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:13 pm

The video was not about bad energy. Kerr wanted "no foul" and Klay hurried for quick foul on Westbrook. Klay was down on himself. Steph probably did not offer any high-five but probably hinted or pointed for something else.

Return to Golden State Warriors