ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you think this organization does in the summer.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Re: What do you think this organization does in the summer. 

Post#181 » by killmongrel » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:27 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
killmongrel wrote:There has to be a big change in the summer. With the Clippers looking like they're on a downward trajectory, still hoping for a potential PG trade this summer.

I'd be going for the other Clipper tbh

If it was either running something similar back next season or get a player whose health history scares me, I'll take the latter. I cannot see myself wanting to watch more of this season. Shake it the **** up.

I just don't see Kawhi ever leaving the Clippers. And he already signed the extension whereas PG has not. PG can legit force his way to the Dubs that doesn't cause the team an arm and a leg.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#182 » by killmongrel » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:29 pm

TB wrote:CP3 contract and every pick possible to get Lauri.

Steph / Podz
Wiggins / GP2
Kuminga / Klay
Lauri / Moody
Dray / Trayce

I'd love that but there is no way we get Lauri without Kuminga unless Lauri tells Ainge he'll tell everyteam other than the Warriors that he will not re-sign with them.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#183 » by HiRez » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:53 pm

killmongrel wrote:

Steph / Podz
Wiggins / GP2
Kuminga / Klay
Lauri / Moody
Dray / Trayce

I'd love that but there is no way we get Lauri without Kuminga unless Lauri tells Ainge he'll tell everyteam other than the Warriors that he will not re-sign with them.

If you add Markkanen and subtract Kuminga is this team a contender? I don't think so. Steph, Klay, and Draymond will be a year older, slower, and more tired. CP3 will be gone. GP2 is a year older and always injury-prone. Wiggins is probably still the same unreliable guy he is now. Looney is barely playable. Oh, and add at least 2 first round picks as well, do we really want to give those up after seeing MDJ hook in Podz and TJD without a high pick?

With Markkanen you get some size and shooting, but you lose youth, athleticism, and rim pressure from Kuminga, and it's not like Makkanen will add anything to the defensive side. Markkanen does not solve all this team's problems, not even close to it.

The bottom line is Steph, Klay, and Draymond are getting to be too old, no shame for it, it just is what it is. And without them in peak form, the Warriors we've known them are not the same.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#184 » by killmongrel » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:01 pm

HiRez wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Steph / Podz
Wiggins / GP2
Kuminga / Klay
Lauri / Moody
Dray / Trayce

If you add Makkanen and subtract Kuminga is this team a contender? I don't think so. Steph, Klay, and Draymond will be a year older, slower, and more tired. CP3 will be gone. GP2 is a year older and always injury-prone. Wiggins is probably still the same unreliable guy he is now. Looney is barely playable. Oh, and add at least 2 first round picks as well, do we really want to give those up after seeing MDJ hook in Podz and TJD without a high pick?

With Markkanen you get some size and shooting, but you lose youth, athleticism, and rim pressure from Kuminga, and it's not like Makkanen will add anything to the defensive side. Markkanen does not solve all this team's problems, not even close to it.

The bottom line is Steph, Klay, and Draymond are getting to be too old, no shame for it, it just is what it is. And without them in peak form, the Warriors we've know are not the same.
The post wasn't about whether I think Lauri makes the Warriors more of a contender than Kuminga. It was about not being able to make the trade without adding Kuminga to it because of how much Lauri is valued.
RUN-TJM
Senior
And1: 19

Post#185 » by RUN-TJM » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:23 pm

If you could keep JK, a Lauri/JK pick and roll would look pretty good when Curry is resting.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#186 » by Old_Blue » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:30 pm

What this organization does this summer and what fans do are two different things.

GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#187 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:38 pm

killmongrel wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
killmongrel wrote:There has to be a big change in the summer. With the Clippers looking like they're on a downward trajectory, still hoping for a potential PG trade this summer.

I'd be going for the other Clipper tbh

If it was either running something similar back next season or get a player whose health history scares me, I'll take the latter. I cannot see myself wanting to watch more of this season. Shake it the **** up.

I just don't see Kawhi ever leaving the Clippers. And he already signed the extension whereas PG has not. PG can legit force his way to the Dubs that doesn't cause the team an arm and a leg.

I actually look at Kawhi's contract as a benefit for 2 reasons:

1 - it aligns closer to Steph/Dray timeline with an extension
2 - a new PG contract might be 4 years, which would be 2+ more than Steph/Dray's timeline (compared to Kawhi's 1)

Then on top of that, I think Kawhi's contract is hard for most to match, so if the Clippers did knock it all down - as they likely should - a deal where they get CP3/Looney/GP2/draft capital is likely better than what most teams could offer as a rebuilding package. I'd even consider Kuminga or Moody as part of the package so there's no treadmilling - of course Kuminga would really knock down what the draft capital is, if anything at all, but it would really lean into what we need to: defense

A 2 year core of Steph / Podz / Moody or Kuminga / Wiggins / Kawhi / Draymond / TJD, likely bringing back guys like Q, Klay, and Gui, is a pretty decent setup. Puncher's chance at contention, very defense heavy team with enough offensive upside to be worth it. Use the MLE on a backup PG and then a minimum backup C, and it could be interesting
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#188 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:44 pm

Dunleavy either needs to score a major all-star or blow this up, IMO.

If it's about winning a chip, the small move on the edges while Curry, Draymond, Klay diminish just doesn't = chip.

Walsh and the 49ers extended the championship window by dealing Montana when he STILL HAD VALUE.

If Warriors can't land championship level help for Curry, do him a favor and deal him to a contender.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#189 » by killmongrel » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:00 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:I'd be going for the other Clipper tbh

2 - a new PG contract might be 4 years, which would be 2+ more than Steph/Dray's timeline (compared to Kawhi's 1)

Then on top of that, I think Kawhi's contract is hard for most to match, so if the Clippers did knock it all down - as they likely should - a deal where they get CP3/Looney/GP2/draft capital is likely better than what most teams could offer as a rebuilding package. I'd even consider Kuminga or Moody as part of the package so there's no treadmilling - of course Kuminga would really knock down what the draft capital is, if anything at all, but it would really lean into what we need to: defense

A 2 year core of Steph / Podz / Moody or Kuminga / Wiggins / Kawhi / Draymond / TJD, likely bringing back guys like Q, Klay, and Gui, is a pretty decent setup. Puncher's chance at contention, very defense heavy team with enough offensive upside to be worth it. Use the MLE on a backup PG and then a minimum backup C, and it could be interesting

Balmer about to open that new arena. There's no way he's doing it without a star. He can usher it in with Kawhi and Harden. The most LAC will do, or because they won't be able to prevent it, is let PG go.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,393

Post#190 » by svart » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:48 am

Old_Blue wrote:What this organization does this summer and what fans do are two different things.

of course. me, as a fan, plan to drink a lot of beers and go to the beach.

i am sure the dubs have a different agenda
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#191 » by killmongrel » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:58 pm

Sixers are reportedly eager to sign PG if he becomes a free agent. There's the leverage I was talking about. If PG is done in LA, all that he has to do is threaten to go to the Sixers for nothing or get traded to GS. But of course that's if PG wants to go to GS.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#192 » by vvoland » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:36 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:I'd be going for the other Clipper tbh

Doubt LAC are trading Kawhi but, if so, we would have the assets to compete with anyone. I do recall, however, that combining contracts for teams over the 2nd apron will become (is already?) illegal. Are we even going to be able to offer anything other than CP3 and picks? perhaps if we renounce Klay's cap hold and trade GP2 and Loon we'll get under and then can aggregate contracts? I'm hazy on the new cba's limits on expensive teams but I remember that being a thing.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#193 » by killmongrel » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:33 pm

vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Doubt LAC are trading Kawhi but, if so, we would have the assets to compete with anyone. I do recall, however, that combining contracts for teams over the 2nd apron will become (is already?) illegal. Are we even going to be able to offer anything other than CP3 and picks? perhaps if we renounce Klay's cap hold and trade GP2 and Loon we'll get under and then can aggregate contracts? I'm hazy on the new cba's limits on expensive teams but I remember that being a thing.
Wouldn't we be able to do it as long as we get rid of Looney's contract, dump GP2's, trade Moody's etc?
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#194 » by vvoland » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:55 pm

killmongrel wrote:
vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Wouldn't we be able to do it as long as we get rid of Looney's contract, dump GP2's, trade Moody's etc?

I'm not sure how it works, to be honest. Not sure if we'll need to get under the 2nd apron before aggregating salaries to pursue a star like PG. I don't think we can make that trade if we get under the 2nd apron AFTER said trade. I believe you have to do it prior so the restriction on aggregating contracts no longer applies. Which means we'd have to trade loon, gp2 and another 25M, all in individual transactions. There are capologists on this board that can explain it better.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#195 » by killmongrel » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:26 am

I'm so ready for the off season. Maybe the Rockets do us a favor and end our season early. Just enough of this underwhelming team.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#196 » by marthafokker » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:19 pm

What is the point when midget ball is here to stay for the next 2 seasons?

We all agreed by now 48 minutes of midget ball is stupid. Yet, coach seems to think it is still a winner.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,930

Post#197 » by whatisacenter » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:19 pm

I think the best hope for next season is Curry still being a 1 on a contender, Kuminga continuing to develop, Wiggins' family issue getting resolved, letting Klay walk and packaging Dray/CP for something useful.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,930

Post#198 » by whatisacenter » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:22 pm

marthafokker wrote:What is the point when midget ball is here to stay for the next 2 seasons?

We all agreed by now 48 minutes of midget ball is stupid. Yet, coach seems to think it is still a winner.

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#199 » by marthafokker » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:20 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
marthafokker wrote:What is the point when midget ball is here to stay for the next 2 seasons?

Yup. CP3 over the Unicorn in the trade to fix this roster.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#200 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:35 pm

Send Curry to OKC for Luguentz Dort and all their draft picks. Let him finish his career with a bunch of young, talented players and let MDJ build a new team.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to Golden State Warriors