ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you think this organization does in the summer.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Re: What do you think this organization does in the summer. 

Post#201 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:05 pm

Draft Zach Edey to be our truly big 7’ 3” 300 pound guy to be our 3rd string center behind Trayce and Looney.
Heal Looney.
Let Saric Walk.
Trade Chris Pau, Payton and Moody and 2 future 1st round picks for a good guard.
Sign a 3 point shooting forward and make him our stretch 5 4th string center.

Edit, opps, forget Edey, we don’t have our 1st round draft pick.
Fine, then sign Taco Fall instead of drafting Edey.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#202 » by killmongrel » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:30 am

Ah, fukking finally.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#203 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:45 am

If we do not trade Chris Paul cash and draft picks for a good player then we are starting rebuiding.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,395

Post#204 » by svart » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:50 am

Read on Twitter

hard times ahead of us for the next couple of years.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,072

Post#205 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:54 am

Next season we solidify ourselves as the Golden State Klays by signing Klay to a 3/72 contract!

All next season Steve talks about "Having faith in the vets" while we completely miss the play-in. Mis-guided GSW fans again tell us "Klay starts slow" despite looking completely washed in big elimination games.

We make no trades, get under the luxury tax, and go nowhere.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#206 » by killmongrel » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 am

DonaldSanders wrote:Next season we solidify ourselves as the Golden State Klays by signing Klay to a 3/72 contract!

All next season Steve talks about "Having faith in the vets" while we completely miss the play-in. Mis-guided GSW fans again tell us "Klay starts slow" despite looking completely washed in big elimination games.

That's fine. I'll have more free time to be more productive.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,053

Post#207 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:04 am

DonaldSanders wrote:Next season we solidify ourselves as the Golden State Klays by signing Klay to a 3/72 contract!

I'd say this is the likely scenario
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#208 » by thunderdunk » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Send Curry to OKC for Luguentz Dort and all their draft picks. Let him finish his career with a bunch of young, talented players and let MDJ build a new team.

Sadly, this may be the best idea I've heard. Love watching Steph, but this team needs to make some major changes, and I fear that they're just going to try to paint the trim. I doubt anybody else on the roster nets anything really worthwhile back at this point. Nothing, at least, that will get the team past the first round, if that far. Especially with the way Kerr coached this past year.
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#209 » by bicycle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:48 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:If we do not trade Chris Paul cash and draft picks for a good player then we are starting rebuiding.

You're missing the much more likely third path. Purgatory.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#210 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:10 am

thunderdunk wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Send Curry to OKC for Luguentz Dort and all their draft picks. Let him finish his career with a bunch of young, talented players and let MDJ build a new team.

Sadly, this may be the best idea I've heard. Love watching Steph, but this team needs to make some major changes, and I fear that they're just going to try to paint the trim. I doubt anybody else on the roster nets anything really worthwhile back at this point. Nothing, at least, that will get the team past the first round, if that far. Especially with the way Kerr coached this past year.

It is difficult for teams to absorb Curry’s contract. Sending high paid stars to match Curry’s salary what gone the team Curry goes to.
Since OKC is very young and presumably has good players on rookie contract maybe OKC can afford Curry like Warriors could afford Durant. Warriors could afford Durant after Dumping Barnes and Bogut. Getting JaVale, West and Zaza cheap made losing Bogut OK. Bogut got injured so we really did not lose anything in Bogut.

Only a team that thinks Curry wins them a championships should take on Curry’s big contract.

Since 1980 Only Lakers and Pistons have one a championship with an all new team in less than 20 years since their previous championship. Celtics are knocking on the door of being the 3rd team to do that. Duncan Spurs replaced everybody but Duncan.

Warriors do no harm by delaying the rebuild to give Curry and Draymond and Klay a dignified exit. We are not going to win a championship 7 years from now buy dumping Curry, Klay and Draymond.

As a Curry fan I would rather see Curry’s contract hurt the Warriors than have Curry finish his career on a bad team that is not the Warriors.

Chris Paul, Mmody, cash and draft picks for Dejounte Murray would transsform the Warriors into a team that would win first round playoff series to give Curry a dignified last few years in the league. I would make that trade even though it delays the Warriors rebuild because we would be giving up draft picks without being a true championship.

Curry never was fast. Curry may shift to defending off guards for half his minutes when old Curry is having point guards blow past him. I am not sure that DeJounte will be as fast as I want for defending point guards. Payton is disruptive but he is already losing speed to age.
I think I want to replace Payton with a defensive point guard faster than Payton.

I want a physical brute 7 foot playable 3rd string center to mix in with undersized Trayce and Looney.

Going out CP3, Moody, Saric, Payton, Garuba,.
Coming back, Dejounte Murray, a half decent very big 7 foot back up center, and a very fast dribble stopping defensive pest back up point guard.

DeJounte is almost a point guard on offense. Podz is almost a point guard on offense. Put Dejounte and Podz on the floor together and you can check off the offensive point guard box.
bicycle
Sophomore

Post#211 » by bicycle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Since 1980 Only Lakers and Pistons have one a championship with an all new team in less than 20 years since their previous championship. Celtics are knocking on the door of being the 3rd team to do that. Duncan Spurs replaced everybody but Duncan.

Warriors do no harm by delaying the rebuild to give Curry and Draymond and Klay a dignified exit. We are not going to win a championship 7 years from now buy dumping Curry, Klay and Draymond.

Don't really care about the rest of the post, but this is ridiculous. You just said that in the last 20 years 2 teams won a chip with a whole new roster after their last one as evidence that it can't be done? That's 10% of the titles being won in that span! That's not proof of some kind of mandatory 20 year down time and therefore we "do no harm" by selling all the picks and postponing our next quality roster for years more, that's proof that it's completely on the table, and in fact might be more likely than random chance. If it was all randomly distributed, teams would expect a win once in 30 years. But it's not random. A good organization that plans and manages its assets well improves its chances.

If you balk at the idea that we should treat Curry as an asset because we as fans have such a connection to him, that's wonderful. I think you'll have a lot of support on that. Everyone is sentimental about Steph Curry because if we weren't what are we getting out of being fans in the first place? Be honest and build your argument around that.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#212 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 am

Warriors desperately need a second go-to scorer. Jordan Poole was that for the chip run. They dumped him for an old man and missed him the entire season....bad defense and all.

DeMar Derozan as SF on this team would at least be a clutch number two option.

Trade Wiggins, dump CP3, bring back Klay on vet minium or see ya....Try to clear enough cash or make a sign and trade to get DeMar.

Paul Gorge would be another option. The rest of the FA list is crap. lol
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#213 » by killmongrel » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Warriors desperately need a second go-to scorer. Jordan Poole was that for the chip run. They dumped him for an old man and missed him the entire season....bad defense and all.

Trade Wiggins, dump CP3, bring back Klay on vet minium or see ya....Try to clear enough cash or make a sign and trade to get DeMar.

My ideal situation would be LAC underwhelming in the playoffs. Paul George has enough and asks out. Goes to the LAC FO and tells them that he'll pick up his player option but wants to be traded to GS or he leaves for nothing. He can use a team like the Sixers who has capspace as leverage. LAC accepts an underwhelming offer from GS due to the circumstances like CP3(guaranteed 15m)+Wiggins+Looney+1st.

Warriors trade GP2 and picks to the Bulls for Caruso.

They would be under the tax line and have access to the MLE. I think they can use a portion of it while signing a total of 13 total players by getting vet minimum guys. Use some of the MLE for somebody like Goga Bitadze.

There wouldn't be room for Klay though if they want to stay out of the tax.

Steph/Podz
Caruso/Lester
PG/Moody
Draymond/Kuminga/Gui
TJD/Goga/Garuba
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#214 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:31 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Warriors desperately need a second go-to scorer. Jordan Poole was that for the chip run. They dumped him for an old man and missed him the entire season....bad defense and all.

Don’t want Poole back at this time. DeRozan and Paul George are getting old.
DeJounte Murray is not a great scorer but is a good enough scorer and a good enough defender.

I am looking for a 3rd scorer who can demote Klay to 4th scorer coming off the bench. 2nd scorer is Kuminga who will be a great scorer if he can improve half as much next summer and season as he improved this last summer and fall. Wiggins is a decent 5th scorer.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#215 » by Romulus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am

Just don't see THIS FO being able to pull off anything creative. It's just not in their DNA. They'll likely dump salary though for sure. Goodbye CP3, Wiggins, Looney, GP2 and maybe Klay as well if he won't agree to play for cheap.

Additions? Very little in return. It's all about saving money right now. Nothing more.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#216 » by GunnerWRX » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 pm

In the West, 46 wins and we are still #10.

Looking forward to the next 2 years - the top contenders: Denver, OKC, T-Wolves and Dallas are young and led by young 1A superstars. The wanna-be contenders: Kings and New Orleans are also young and are already decent.

The team slightly behind us: Rockets - are super young and will improve.

And we haven't talked about Memphis with Ja back, and the Spurs and Wemby gradually reaching his full power.

Oh and I have still missed the old teams like the Clippers, Lakers, and Suns - who are as old but better than us.

After watching this season, the fact is Steph just isn't that good anymore. He gives us hope a game here and there, or during a stretch of 1-2 weeks, but over the course of a season, he is showing his age. And now, in win or go home games, he can't even summon his Super Saiyan powers anymore. Watch the Kings game. And the New Orleans game which would've put us above the Lakers.

It is taboo to point Steph out. But we tend to blame Wiggins Klay Draymond Poole Wiseman Kuminga Looney... but fact is Steph just isn't Steph anymore as a 36 yo.

With this backdrop - short on adding a 1A star e.g. Giannis or Embiid or Zion wanting to come over in a trade, there is absolutely no move we can make to put us above Denver, OKC, T-Wolves and Dalls etc for the next 2 seasons. In the stacked West, and Steph being who he is now, for the next 2 seasons, any move will still mean we are a 7-10 team - maybe #7 instead of #10 in play-in.

To be honest, I don't think we are a contender unless we get another 1A superstar, while Steph becomes our 1B (or even 2A). Sort of like LeBron getting AD.

Since I feel it is delusional to think by letting Klay walk, trading away future picks and young guys, etc will make us a contender, I would rather not pull these delusional moves.

Just keep Klay so Steph has his guys next to him as we decline and they ride off. Have Steph Draymond Klay never wear another jersey, build a statues next to Chase, before we start a full rebuild once Steph retires. I would rather do this except a miracle happens that a true 1A star comes.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,294

Post#217 » by Onus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:In the West, 46 wins and we are still #10.

Looking forward to the next 2 years - the top contenders: Denver, OKC, T-Wolves and Dallas are young and led by young 1A superstars. The wanna-be contenders: Kings and New Orleans are also young and are already decent.

And we haven't talked about Memphis with Ja back, and the Spurs and Wemby gradually reaching his full power.

Oh and I have still missed the old teams like the Clippers, Lakers, and Suns - who are as old but better than us.

After watching this season, the fact is Steph just isn't that good anymore. He gives us hope a game here and there, or during a stretch of 1-2 weeks, but over the course of a season, he is showing his age. And now, in win or go home games, he can't even summon his Super Saiyan powers anymore. Watch the Kings game. And the New Orleans game which would've put us above the Lakers.

It is taboo to point Steph out. But we tend to blame Wiggins Klay Draymond Poole Wiseman Kuminga Looney... but fact is Steph just isn't Steph anymore as a 36 yo.

With this backdrop - short on adding a 1A star e.g. Giannis or Embiid or Zion wanting to come over in a trade, there is absolutely no move we can make to put us above Denver, OKC, T-Wolves and Dalls etc for the next 2 seasons. In the stacked West, and Steph being who he is now, for the next 2 seasons, any move will still mean we are a 7-10 team - maybe #7 instead of #10 in play-in.

To be honest, I don't think we are a contender unless we get another 1A superstar, while Steph becomes our 1B (or even 2A). Sort of like LeBron getting AD.

Since I feel it is delusional to think by letting Klay walk, trading away future picks and young guys, etc will make us a contender, I would rather not pull these delusional moves.

Just keep Klay so Steph has his guys next to him as we decline and they ride off. Have Steph Draymond Klay never wear another jersey, build a statues next to Chase, before we start a full rebuild once Steph retires. I would rather do this except a miracle happens that a true 1A star comes.

I agree Steph was not steph by the end of the season. Without Steph being Steph it's all over and any changes or overhauls is moot and really we should just rebuild from the ground up. Which I'm fine with. I'd be fine with starting Podz, Steph, Moody, JK, TJD next year. Klay still needs to leave though to make playing time room for Podz and Moody. With Klay in tow you can't even see what we have in the youngsters because he keeps getting playing time no matter how poorly he's playing.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
billinder33
Junior
And1: 83

Post#218 » by billinder33 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:38 pm

That's funny, I brought up exactly these three players in a post yesterday. One of those three forcing their way out and coming here is our best and maybe only chance to contend next season. Giannis would be my choice because he's consistently the healthiest, but with time running out for Steph, you'd gamble on either of the other two if the opportunity arises.

Of course if it doesn't materialize, it will be the FO's fault for 'doing nothing'.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#219 » by vvoland » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 pm

billinder33 wrote:

That's funny, I brought up exactly these three players in a post yesterday. One of those three forcing their way out and coming here is our best and maybe only chance to contend next season. Giannis would be my choice because he's consistently the healthiest, but with time running out for Steph, you'd gamble on either of the other two if the opportunity arises.

Of course if it doesn't materialize, it will be the FO's fault for 'doing nothing'.

For one of those names to come here, he would need to ask out and demand to get traded only to GS. Seems unlikely. I think there are a few things we can use that would offer more than marginal help.

A. Stretch 5 and a rim protector in one player. There are very few of these guys and Miles Turner is probably the one that is most attainable (cuz no one is trading Chet or Wemby). Adding him to the JK, Dray Wigs frontcourt could really level up this team. Not sure what we have to offer outside of JK that Indy would want but that's my first phone call. If porzingis really was available to the warriors last summer, that would have been the move.

B. Long, defense first, combo guard that can play 1 or 2 and is a threat from 3. Again, not a ton of these guys that aren't getting paid a max but we need a derick white before the celtics got him. It's probably not caruso. Suggs is interesting if his shot is for real but Orl is not trading him. DJM is expensive and isn't a threat from deep. This is where the front office would earn their paycheck. It was supposed to be GP2 but he ain't it. I don't think podz or moody will ever be that type of player, for various reasons, so we'd need to look externally for that.
bicycle
Sophomore

Post#220 » by bicycle » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm

Your intel is outdated if you think Myles Turner might be attainable. That was a thing last year because his contract was coming up and it wasn't clear if the Pacers were good enough to want to pay him, or what the fit was gonna be like. But they just extended him in January and we don't have anything to offer them they'll like better.

Return to Golden State Warriors