ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you think this organization does in the summer.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Re: What do you think this organization does in the summer. 

Post#221 » by azwfan » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:37 pm

svart wrote:
Read on Twitter

hard times ahead of us for the next couple of years.

So its Steph that is wasting the end of his career the whole time.

Not Bob, Steve, nor Duns gone Wild.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,415

Post#222 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 pm

Paul Geroge might be an option. If the Warriors could somehow dump Wiggins and CP3 and land PG then the Curry would have another shot.

Curry, PG, Kujminga, Draymond, TJD would be an awesome starting 5.
A small line up:
Podz, Curry, PG, Kuminga, Draymond.

Anything other than landing a guy like PG is a waste of time. Keeping Wiggins and Klay is just sleep walking through another lame season.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,415

Post#223 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:07 am

The other move.....a little more reasonable:
Trade Wiggins for Dejounte Murray (might have to toss in a pick).

This would be a huge help for Curry...taking the scoring pressure of him. It also opens a spot for Kuminga to start.
Curry, Murray, Kuminga, Draymond, TJD.

That's the best reasonable option, IMO. Curry now as a legit scoring threat and good wing defender.

And at this point, if the Warriors had no other choice, I'd trade Kuminga (plus Looney) for Murray. We have to give Curry some scoring help.

Curry, Murray, Wiggins, Draymond, TJD.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#224 » by vvoland » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:11 am

bicycle wrote:Your intel is outdated if you think Myles Turner might be attainable. That was a thing last year because his contract was coming up and it wasn't clear if the Pacers were good enough to want to pay him, or what the fit was gonna be like. But they just extended him in January and we don't have anything to offer them they'll like better.

I didn't say he was attainable, i implied he's more attainable than zinger, chet or wemby. I'm probably missing a name or two out of those 4, only miles turner is a phone call you can make without having the other party insulted by the attempt.

Also, I believe your info might be outdated since he signed that extension last Jan, not this one. He's an expiring next season and doesn't quite fit the haliburton timeline. We'll see how the finish in the playoffs and how much they'd value our picks. With Turner making only 20M next season, we'd be able to give them expiring deals and picks or young talent (Moody or podz or JK). I'll be rooting for them to get bounced early and turner to have a couple bad games.
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#225 » by bicycle » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:12 am

vvoland wrote:
bicycle wrote:Your intel is outdated if you think Myles Turner might be attainable. That was a thing last year because his contract was coming up and it wasn't clear if the Pacers were good enough to want to pay him, or what the fit was gonna be like. But they just extended him in January and we don't have anything to offer them they'll like better.

I didn't say he was attainable, i implied he's more attainable than zinger, chet or wemby. I'm probably missing a name or two out of those 4, only miles turner is a phone call you can make without having the other party insulted by the attempt.

Also, I believe your info might be outdated since he signed that extension last Jan, not this one. He's an expiring next season and doesn't quite fit the haliburton timeline. We'll see how the finish in the playoffs and how much they'd value our picks. With Turner making only 20M next season, we'd be able to give them expiring deals and picks or young talent (Moody or podz or JK). I'll be rooting for them to get bounced early and turner to have a couple bad games.

Damn youre right i had the year wrong
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#226 » by killmongrel » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 am

Hopefully the FO still goes after Caruso this summer.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 853

Post#227 » by DevinVassell » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:54 am

azwfan wrote:
svart wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seriously, this never wanting to do anything unless A and B comes along is frustrating to say the least. Imagine Jordan or Kobe taking a backseat and holding a franchise hostage to accommodate their team mates.

If that is how Steph truly feels he can accept the "worlds best friend" title now because its the last one he will ever get.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#228 » by azwfan » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:07 am

DevinVassell wrote:
azwfan wrote:
svart wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seriously, this never wanting to do anything unless A and B comes along is frustrating to say the least. Imagine Jordan or Kobe taking a backseat and holding a franchise hostage to accommodate their team mates.

If that is how Steph truly feels he can accept the "worlds best friend" title now because its the last one he will ever get.

Take it with a grain of salt cause I didnt watch this season outside maybe 5 games… i think they can win with Steph, Klay, and Dray. But a few things need to happen…

1) Kuminga needs to take another leap
2) Someone else needs to take a leap (between TJD, Moody, and Podz
3) The offense needs to be designed around the skillsets of those players rather than Steph, Klay, and Dray. We dont need to have steph run marathon for a contested shot at the end of the shot clock.
4) players (not just including, but especially, Steph Klay, and Dray) need to be benched for dumb turnovers, giving up on plays (and games), and pathetic defense.

I think 1 or 2 could happen but it will be tough to recognize it for yall watching the games cause 3 and 4 probably wont. The culture is crap around there.. and we can thank the big 3, aka “the core”, and the coach for that.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#229 » by cdubbz » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:11 pm

Is there a Lonzo Ball, Ingram, Nance Jr for AD type trade ?!

Getting Steph #5 is worth giving up the young guys. The West is loaded with OKC & Wolves looking to run it every year to the WCF.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 454

Post#230 » by superunknown » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 pm

cdubbz wrote:Is there a Lonzo Ball, Ingram, Nance Jr for AD type trade ?!

no, unless you're the lakers or the celtics.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#231 » by cdubbz » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:56 pm

superunknown wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Is there a Lonzo Ball, Ingram, Nance Jr for AD type trade ?!

no, unless you're the lakers or the celtics.

If 76ers get bounced maybe Embiid forces his hand.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,690

Post#232 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:07 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Paul Geroge might be an option. If the Warriors could somehow dump Wiggins and CP3 and land PG then the Curry would have another shot.

A small line up:

Anything other than landing a guy like PG is a waste of time. Keeping Wiggins and Klay is just sleep walking through another lame season.

Paul Gorge jus played a good season. Shot efficiently and kept his scoring up. Age if it showed up in stats only showed up in one less rebound per 36 minutes. I did not check defense.

Paul George will be 34 next year, perfect for our geriatric basketball team.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#233 » by cdubbz » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:01 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Paul Geroge might be an option. If the Warriors could somehow dump Wiggins and CP3 and land PG then the Curry would have another shot.

A small line up:

Paul Gorge jus played a good season. Shot efficiently and kept his scoring up. Age if it showed up in stats only showed up in one less rebound per 36 minutes. I did not check defense.

I remember when 34 used to be so old in the 90s and 2000s. Now it’s not too bad.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 221

Post#234 » by sonnyhill » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:49 am

To answer the question: "What do you think this organization does in the summer?"

The Warriors will re-sign Thompson to a big extension and run it back with the same roster as this past season.

Kerr feels comfortable with playing undersized and unathletic players who orbit around an aging, turnover-prone superstar who plays below-average defense and that is the kind of roster MDJ will reconstruct this summer.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#235 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:58 am

sonnyhill wrote:To answer the question: "What do you think this organization does in the summer?"

The Warriors will re-sign Thompson to a big extension and run it back with the same roster as this past season.

not going to happen. They already took a small extension off the table. At best, he’s getting 2/45m from us which is bad enough, but I think that’s worst case.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 221

Post#236 » by sonnyhill » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:25 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:To answer the question: "What do you think this organization does in the summer?"

not going to happen. They already took a small extension off the table. At best, he’s getting 2/45m from us which is bad enough, but I think that’s worst case.

The Warriors have missed the playoffs 3 out of the past 5 seasons, and yet, much of the fanbase, as well as Kerr and Curry, want to run it back with the "core 3." The definition of insanity is when...

Unlike an OKC or a Houston with their teardowns-and-rebuilds, the Warriors do actually have younger and still developing players on the roster who can provide a foundation to build along with lottery pick players. Why not actually "rip the 'band-aid' off" and trade all three of the aging veterans and get back a haul of picks? By the time Kerr's 2-year extension is over, the team could actually be back in the playoffs with a younger and more athletic team that actually has huge upside potential?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,251

Post#237 » by Impuniti » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:52 pm

cdubbz wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

A small line up:

I remember when 34 used to be so old in the 90s and 2000s. Now it’s not too bad.

How is it not bad though? Players at this age are very injury prone or don't play as well as they used to. Draymond looks like a shell of himself for example, too lazy to contest 3s and just lazily sits in the paint pretending to roam all game. That's arguably the best switch defender in NBA history. PG's last season also looks more of a unicorn season, he's averaged about 50 games/season the previous four years before this one. Not saying that Warriors shouldn't look into him but these long-term contracts for old guys don't make sense.

34 years old is very old, it's why these long term contracts for mid 30s guys happen in basketball and not other sports with this level of regularity. GMs in other sports have a better grasp on basic biology than a 10 year old, unlike NBA GMs.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,251

Post#238 » by Impuniti » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm

sonnyhill wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

The Warriors have missed the playoffs 3 out of the past 5 seasons, and yet, much of the fanbase, as well as Kerr and Curry, want to run it back with the "core 3." The definition of insanity is when...

Unlike an OKC or a Houston with their teardowns-and-rebuilds, the Warriors do actually have younger and still developing players on the roster who can provide a foundation to build along with lottery pick players. Why not actually "rip the 'band-aid' off" and trade all three of the aging veterans and get back a haul of picks? By the time Kerr's 2-year extension is over, the team could actually be back in the playoffs with a younger and more athletic team that actually has huge upside potential?

- missed playoffs 3 of the last 5 seasons
- finished last in the NBA in 1/5 seasons
- lost to the Lakers in one of those seasons, the only team to get swept by the champs (regardless of the MVP work by the referees)
- Was a contender for 1 season, and Steph put some awesome work to get it done

Hearing these guys talk about "contending" is annoying. Unfortunately, the FO is just as delusional :banghead:
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 188

Post#239 » by thunderdunk » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Curry is not only an amazing basketball player, but remarkably smart. He will one day be quite a politician if he wants to be. He never says here that he wouldn't play just as hard without Klay. He just says that he "can never see himself" not playing with Klay. Everybody is saying all the right things so that Klay won't hate them when he leaves. And he really does need to go. Klay wants to play major minutes somewhere, and I fear that the Dubs will cave, sign him again, for whatever number, and then Kerr will play him 30 minutes a night. Deep down, Curry knows that if Klay comes back, his chances of winning another chip just went down with it.

Hopefully MDJ has some major tricks up his sleeve for this summer. If the new roster doesn't include Klay or CP3, that's not only OK, but preferable. If Wiggins did enough at the end of the year to bring his trade value back up, that's fine too. The roster needs a major overhaul. You don't dramatically improve a 10th place finish by making some minor tweaks. Hopefully MDJ's recent comments are all gamesmanship.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Post#240 » by HiRez » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:29 pm

This year they didn't even make the playoffs even with surprisingly low injuries. What are the chances of that happening again with our core approaching AARP eligibility?

Return to Golden State Warriors