ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you think this organization does in the summer.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

What do you think this organization does in the summer. 

Post#1 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:30 pm

Get out of the luxury tax?

Pay whatever it takes to help Steph compete?

Push Kuminga propaganda that he can be Steph's Robin?

Trade Steph and start the rebuild?

I was taking a look at possible free agents this summer. For anybody who doesn't have cap space and only something like the MLE or possibly the NTPMLE to use, it looks bleak. Can they build a competitive team around Steph, Kuminga, Draymond, Podz, etc?

Even though it's difficult to predict what happens between now and the off season, chances that a super star asks out are slim to none. And names that are lower on the scale would still be difficult to get: Lauri Markannen, Mikal Bridges, etc.

So is the plan going forward for the Warriors organization to claim that the current team, with some modifications is enough to compete? If they don't see a trade they're in love with, that seems most likely the plan. Kuminga better continue to ball out.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,165

Re: What do you think this organization does in the summer. 

Post#2 » by cpower » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:42 pm

we are stuck... not making a damn move until Steph retires
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#3 » by Coxy » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:34 pm

It's all going to come down to what the org do with Klay and CP3.

With the way Klay is being benched in 4th quarters now, the writing is clearly on the wall, and I think Klay knows it. He may be thinking of his next life away from the Warriors now, either as a player, or a shrimping boat captain.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#4 » by Warriorfan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:29 am

Resign Klay. Trade CP3 get cheap player get big TPE.
Trade Looney or GP2 if he does not opt out (probable)
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#5 » by WarriorGM » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:39 am

Celebrate another championship.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#6 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:41 am

They let Chris Paul walk. Podz becomes the back up point guard. We draft a point guard in the second round and park that point guard in Santa Cruz.

We sign a cheap 7 footer who can block shots but otherwise is a bad player. This guy becomes our 4th string center. We either keep Saric or replace him with another 3 point shooting center that is bad at defense.

They let Klay test free agency but end up resigning Klay for a pay cut.

That’s all.
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 724

Post#7 » by Jerry Maine » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:30 am

Parade
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#8 » by donkeylips » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:11 am

resign klay
use a pick to upgrade wiggins or paul
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#9 » by superunknown » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:44 am

dunno what they do in the summer, but know what they should: let klay walk, trade CP, sign an effing big who can give some size and bang downlow.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#10 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:28 pm

I said a few days ago I think they'll let Klay and CP3 walk.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#11 » by EvanZ » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:23 pm

hems and haws
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#12 » by EvanZ » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:25 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:They let Chris Paul walk. Podz becomes the back up point guard. We draft a point guard in the second round and park that point guard in Santa Cruz.

We sign a cheap 7 footer who can block shots but otherwise is a bad player. This guy becomes our 4th string center. We either keep Saric or replace him with another 3 point shooting center that is bad at defense.

They let Klay test free agency but end up resigning Klay for a pay cut.

That’s all.

Your biggest off-season hope is the fourth string center. :lol: :lol: :lol: You never go off brand do you.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#13 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:30 pm

Ah you know, slowly descend back into the mud with 26 other NBA teams

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,048

Post#14 » by Jester_ » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:11 pm

Depends on what happens the rest of the year. When they're firing on all cylinders, Dray/Curry are still the best duo in the league.

If Kuminga continues to ascend, Kerr unclogs his head from his ass even slightly and benches Klay, we actually have an outside shot still this season of sneaking into the playoffs and doing some damage

We're not in a bad place but FO needs to manuever the next few months very carefully
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#15 » by EvanZ » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:00 pm

If what I heard is true Kerr might just up and walk away this summer. Would be really interesting to see who replaces him.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#16 » by HiRez » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:12 pm

Overpay Klay $75M/3 and Kerr stays. Moody isn't traded because everyone forgot he was on the team, they scramble to set up a locker for him on the first day of training camp.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#17 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:20 pm

EvanZ wrote:If what I heard is true Kerr might just up and walk away this summer. Would be really interesting to see who replaces him.

unlike prior years I'm not hearing anything similar from multiple people.. its all over the map. Seems disorganized by comparison. Its also why I'm way more pessimistic than in years past when there's been a downturn

I'm thinking its not going to be Kerr's last year at this stage though. I would hope that if that were the case, there'd be someone internally who'd be given more responsibility.. that they let Kenny Atkinson interview for several jobs before the season, and he'd be the logical choice.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#18 » by Old_Blue » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:31 pm

This off-season is going to be about regaining some degree of fiscal sanity. By rejecting a reported offer of 2 years/$48 million, Klay has inadvertently opened up the opportunity for the Dubs to dip below not just the 2nd luxury tax apron but also to get out of paying any luxury tax next season. CP3 will be allowed to walk. Then, if Klay is re-signed for something like 3 years/$50 million, the Dubs can reset and get out of the repeater tax. If Klay walks, then the Dubs can use the full non taxpayer MLE to sign his replacement. Lacob will be responding to the NBA's draconian new luxury tax rules by pulling off the table the giant pile of cash the Dubs have been tossing into the shared luxury tax pot.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#19 » by ClutchUp » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:38 pm

Old_Blue wrote:This off-season is going to be about regaining some degree of fiscal sanity. By rejecting a reported offer of 2 years/$48 million, Klay has inadvertently opened up the opportunity for the Dubs to dip below not just the 2nd luxury tax apron but also to get out of paying any luxury tax next season. CP3 will be allowed to walk. Then, if Klay is re-signed for something like 3 years/$50 million, the Dubs can reset and get out of the repeater tax. If Klay walks, then the Dubs can use the full non taxpayer MLE to sign his replacement. Lacob will be responding to the NBA's draconian new luxury tax rules by pulling off the table the giant pile of cash the Dubs have been tossing into the shared luxury tax pot.

I think his replacement is already on the roster.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#20 » by killmongrel » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:44 pm

Old_Blue wrote:This off-season is going to be about regaining some degree of fiscal sanity. By rejecting a reported offer of 2 years/$48 million, Klay has inadvertently opened up the opportunity for the Dubs to dip below not just the 2nd luxury tax apron but also to get out of paying any luxury tax next season. CP3 will be allowed to walk. Then, if Klay is re-signed for something like 3 years/$50 million, the Dubs can reset and get out of the repeater tax. If Klay walks, then the Dubs can use the full non taxpayer MLE to sign his replacement. Lacob will be responding to the NBA's draconian new luxury tax rules by pulling off the table the giant pile of cash the Dubs have been tossing into the shared luxury tax pot.

So they're gonna be able to get out of the luxury tax even by re-signing Klay to around 17m a year?

Steph 56m
Wiggins 27m
Draymond 24m
GP2 9m
Looney 8m
Kuminga 8m
Moody 6m
Podz 4m
TJD 2m
Santos 2m

Around 146m total.

Return to Golden State Warriors