ImageImageImageImageImage

Lacob called Jeanie Buss at the deadline in attempt to acquire LeBron...

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Re: Lacob called Jeanie Buss at the deadline in attempt to acquire LeBron... 

Post#41 » by Old_Blue » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:33 am

Dubs 707 wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:
sogood wrote:
Childish name calling from a poster whose entire online persona is based on a wrestler from the 90's.

yep, seems about right.

6 Finals losses = choke

Childish indeed.

For the record, my fav rassler is from the 70s/80s.

The rassler as my avatar is what the ladies refer to me as. Sorry your ass is chapped over it. I guess that seems about right for you.

Well they call me Grand Master Sex-Say!!!!

Who's calling you this matters though. If it's the elderly ladies at the water exercise for seniors class, it doesn't carry quite the same cachet. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#42 » by Old_Blue » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:43 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I backed the LeBron stans because I thought the Kobe Stans were so crazy to insist that Kobe was better than LeBron but after the Kobe stans were defeated I got so sick of the LeBron stans.

I've always wondered how Kobe stans rationalize his career mediocre .447 FG% and abysmal .329 3P% :crazy:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#43 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:45 am

sogood wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I like that LeBron will retire roughly at the same time as Curry and Dray.

LeChoke plans to play 5 more seasons? This isn’t Tom Brady the statue firing from a protected pocket.

Childish name calling from a poster whose entire online persona is based on a wrestler from the 90's.

yep, seems about right.

Probably should not have gone there.

LeBron does not need defending.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#44 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:49 am

LeBron would play center for the Warriors.

If the Lakers traded LeBron it would be because LeBron wanted to leave, and they would want cap space and first round picks in return - main pieces would be CP3 or Klay, multiple first round picks, and a young player like Kuminga or Pods.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#45 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:59 am

Old_Blue wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I backed the LeBron stans because I thought the Kobe Stans were so crazy to insist that Kobe was better than LeBron but after the Kobe stans were defeated I got so sick of the LeBron stans.

I've always wondered how Kobe stans rationalize his career mediocre .447 FG% and abysmal .329 3P% :crazy:

I was a Celtic fan when Jordan surpassed Magic and Bird. Celtic fans were not happy but my first Love was Bruins hockey.

I drove Dennis Johnson to work and gushed some stupid fan gush that praised the Celtic team instead of specifically praising DJ. I felt bad afterwords because I felt like I sounded like a racist fan of the great white hope. I was actually more of a Cedric Maxwell fan than I was a Bird fan so I did not take it so hard when Jordan passed Bird.

But from hearing how hurt the Bird fans were from being passed by Jordan I could relate to the pain of the Kobe fans being passed by LeBron. Humans are nuts and will figh wars over what is the true religion. As far as I know Kobe fans and LeBron fans never resorted to violence. I hope Trump lovers and Trump haters never resort to violence but humans are crazy so anything is possible.

The facts backed LeBron over Kobe but facts don’t matter when emotional loyalty is strong.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#46 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:05 am

Twinkie defense wrote:LeBron would play center for the Warriors.

If the Lakers traded LeBron it would be because LeBron wanted to leave, and they would want cap space and first round picks in return - main pieces would be CP3 or Klay, multiple first round picks, and a young player like Kuminga or Pods.

I think LeBron does not like playing center. Maybe LeBron could play 10 minutes a game of center and Draymond 20 minutes per game of center. Looney 6 minutes. Trayce 6 minutes and a 7’ 2” 280 pound stiff 6 minutes.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#47 » by GunnerWRX » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:32 am

LeBron missed out on getting as many rings as Steph =)
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#48 » by Dubs 707 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:35 am

Old_Blue wrote:
Dubs 707 wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:
6 Finals losses = choke

Childish indeed.

For the record, my fav rassler is from the 70s/80s.

The rassler as my avatar is what the ladies refer to me as. Sorry your ass is chapped over it. I guess that seems about right for you.

Well they call me Grand Master Sex-Say!!!!

Who's calling you this matters though. If it's the elderly ladies at the water exercise for seniors class, it doesn't carry quite the same cachet. :D

Whats wrong with keeping it pimpin and chasing a pension... :D
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#49 » by Romulus » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

Yawn. Non-story. Never going to happen. But something to talk about, I guess.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,402

Post#50 » by svart » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:58 am

This is LeBron staying relevant when lakers' season seems to go south
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Old_Blue
Starter

Post#51 » by Old_Blue » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:17 pm

More tidbits on what went down, including the suggestion that Draymond actually instigated the Warriors' overtures to acquire LeBron. Someone needs to explain to Draymond the meaning of "frenemy." :D

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-and-stephen-curry-together-youre-missing-the-real-story-193015802.html

"Warriors star Draymond Green, who shares agent Rich Paul with James, encouraged Golden State's brass to broach the subject with their counterparts in Los Angeles."
powerball1373
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,624

Post#52 » by powerball1373 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:00 am

Return to Golden State Warriors